Farragut vs Dobyns-Bennett 6A

ArtVandalay

You're kidding, right? No offense to DB, but they aren't beating Farragut that bad. I'll eat my crow like a man if proven wrong.

Actually, Sweet, I have to believe that governorsfan22 is closer to being right than he is to being wrong. Dobyns-Bennett is going to be up this year and Farragut appears to be slightly down. I expect a three touchdown victory by the Tribe. Can't wait for the season to get here!

How many years are we into GC's coaching tenure at DB, and all we are hoping to avoid another early exit from the playoffs.

Folks talk about this DB team being stacked, and most seem to think we might make it past the second round. Keyword : might.

What lofty expectations GC has created!

Clark is going into his 20th seasons with one of his best QB's, Tailback & Wide Reciever returning...it is set up to be a big year....I really hope this is his most successful season ever. Clark is 188-42 at DB (.82% winning). I dont want to say the Indians will run the table during the regular season, but, If they do and if DB wins Round 1 in the Playoffs.....then the G-Man would be going for his 200th win at DB in Round 2. Just sayin'

Roll Tribe Roll

Actually, Sweet, I have to believe that governorsfan22 is closer to being right than he is to being wrong. Dobyns-Bennett is going to be up this year and Farragut appears to be slightly down. I expect a three touchdown victory by the Tribe. Can't wait for the season to get here!

I guess we will see. If so, it will be because Farragut is really hamprered right now with injuries. A healthy OL and Farragut team, no way. And i dislike Farragut as much as anyone. Farragut is not as down as everyone is saying they are. They have a HUGE OL with a SEC calibur type player on it and a QB who can actually throw this year. Like i said, i will eat my crow like a man if DB walks all over them. When 2 good teams meet in the first game of the year, neither team is usually clicking on all cylinders. Very rarely do you see a blowout 1st game between 2 good teams. Maryville/Webb last year being the exception, but that was possibly one of GQ's best teams ever last year, little different. Plus, Webb doesn't have the depth to deal with a really good 6A team. No offense to Webb.

Edited by SweetScience

When 2 good teams meet in the first game of the year, neither team is usually clicking on all cylinders. Very rarely do you see a blowout 1st game between 2 good teams.

This is where I disagree with you my Oak RIdge buddy. I think you will see exactly that, DB's Offense will be clicking, mid-season form, on offense from the first whistle. Chris Cook has total command of the offense and he has a lot of weapons himself, plus a lot of weapons to help him out. If Alcoa went 5-5 on drives in a scrimmage against them, then DB is going to be scoring on long drives.

This will be a long week....waiting on Friday.....can't wait.

Roll Tribe Roll

This is where I disagree with you my Oak RIdge buddy. I think you will see exactly that, DB's Offense will be clicking, mid-season form, on offense from the first whistle. Chris Cook has total command of the offense and he has a lot of weapons himself, plus a lot of weapons to help him out. If Alcoa went 5-5 on drives in a scrimmage against them, then DB is going to be scoring on long drives.

This will be a long week....waiting on Friday.....can't wait.

Roll Tribe Roll

First off, DB isn't Alcoa, 2nd It was a scrimmage. But, more power to DB if they do. It's just my opinion, that's it.

I personally hope yall win, i just wouldn't go in overconfident. That will be your first mistake.

Edited by SweetScience

I don't know what to think about the Farragut fans. I mean, is nobody going to speak about this game? I guess they are either worried or just don't care or maybe they are confident that they will win. Who knows? I guess they are not excited about football anymore. Baseball is their passion after all. Does anybody know what they have? I've heard about a great kicker and an offensive lineman who is good but what about skill positions? I heard Alcoa showed them up in a scrimmage, but we are not Alcoa. Really? Why could'nt we be? It would be nice to play them. I mean, Greenville beat them last year and we've embarrassed Greenville the last two years. I think it's time we show a little confidence and stop thinking we can't play against some of the elite in the State despite our recent playoff troubles. I'm ready for some football. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!