Farragut vs Dobyns-Bennett 6A

ArtVandalay

I think this goes down to the wire. Probably will be decided by a turnover. I just hope it theirs. Farragut has a big line and DB has a small line. Not what I like to see. Doesn't matter what kind of speed you have if your getting hit in the backfield. Our offensive line will have to step it up.

I don't know what to think about the Farragut fans. I mean, is nobody going to speak about this game? I guess they are either worried or just don't care or maybe they are confident that they will win. Who knows? I guess they are not excited about football anymore. Baseball is their passion after all. Does anybody know what they have? I've heard about a great kicker and an offensive lineman who is good but what about skill positions? I heard Alcoa showed them up in a scrimmage, but we are not Alcoa. Really? Why could'nt we be? It would be nice to play them. I mean, Greenville beat them last year and we've embarrassed Greenville the last two years. I think it's time we show a little confidence and stop thinking we can't play against some of the elite in the State despite our recent playoff troubles. I'm ready for some football. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

Much better Alcoa team then last years team. You will see.And you embarrassed Greeneville in scrimmages.Real game atmosphere it may have been different? Never know. I think people in general put too much consideration into scrimmages, they are just that, scrimmages. I just think some DB fans, not including you are a bit too overconfident. Hope yalls kids aint got that same attitude going in it. Best luck to both teams, hope you stay unhurt. Hope DB wins, btw :)

Edited by SweetScience

Yes, Alcoa went 5 for 5 on offense. Farragut was missing 6 starters. #64, #74, #75, #60, #25 & #51 went out early and did not return. Some returned for the final scrimmage against Powell (who I believe went to the state finals last year), Powell did not score against the Farragut defense. Perhaps many of the over confident DB fans may be in for a surprise come Friday. The game may be closer than you think.

Much better Alcoa team then last years team. You will see.And you embarrassed Greeneville in scrimmages.Real game atmosphere it may have been different? Never know. I think people in general put too much consideration into scrimmages, they are just that, scrimmages. I just think some DB fans, not including you are a bit too overconfident. Hope yalls kids aint got that same attitude going in it. Best luck to both teams, hope you stay unhurt. Hope DB wins, btw icon_e_smile.gif

Everybody says not to take much out of a scrimmage. That's bull. I don't care what it is. If you strap it on and you overwhelm another team then i believe it's a win. Scrimmage or not. Why should it be any different when you play your best players. The coaches are going to run plays in an attempt to score just like you do in a game. They might just not do it for as long. And as far as being overconfident, i'm not. I'm not going to lie and say that we are not very good. We should be. If that's arrogant then so be it. Some might just call it confidence. And that is what i have in our players. I've lost confidence in our coaching staff over the last few years but not in our players. I hope our kids go into this game with the CONFIDENCE that if we execute our plays as we have profected in our practices, then we will win. That's the attiude you have to have to compete in sports. Maybe some people were never meant for competitive sports. We are DB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody says not to take much out of a scrimmage. That's bull. I don't care what it is. If you strap it on and you overwhelm another team then i believe it's a win. Scrimmage or not. Why should it be any different when you play your best players. The coaches are going to run plays in an attempt to score just like you do in a game. They might just not do it for as long. And as far as being overconfident, i'm not. I'm not going to lie and say that we are not very good. We should be. If that's arrogant then so be it. Some might just call it confidence. And that is what i have in our players. I've lost confidence in our coaching staff over the last few years but not in our players. I hope our kids go into this game with the CONFIDENCE that if we execute our plays as we have profected in our practices, then we will win. That's the attiude you have to have to compete in sports. Maybe some people were never meant for competitive sports. We are DB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people take a lot from scrimmages, some don't. Some coaches do, some don't. Some use it for a learning tool and for players waiting in the wings to kinda prove themselves. I guess it gives you a bit of a gauge, but not too too much. A Maryville poster posted something the other night, i think it was rebelron. Was saying how Murvil in the past hasn't fared so well in scrimmages. Well, that's worked out pretty good for them, i think lol

4 days and we will see how good both teams are. Somebody mentioned that DB's D-Line was little and we have heard many times that Farragut's O-Line was huge. The Indians are bigger than they have been in a while and getting bigger. Sesnabuagh 6-1 300, Gilliam 6-2 250 (I bet he dominates whoever he lines up against), Murphy 6-7 275, I am sure that Austin Hayworth will start, and not as big 5-10 230...not sure who else will be on the D-Line. DB's D-Line is not a weakness for the team.

Roll Tribe Roll

I was talking about the offensive line. And Im not sure if Murphy is even a starter.

4 days and we will see how good both teams are. Somebody mentioned that DB's D-Line was little and we have heard many times that Farragut's O-Line was huge. The Indians are bigger than they have been in a while and getting bigger. Sesnabuagh 6-1 300, Gilliam 6-2 250 (I bet he dominates whoever he lines up against), Murphy 6-7 275, I am sure that Austin Hayworth will start, and not as big 5-10 230...not sure who else will be on the D-Line. DB's D-Line is not a weakness for the team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Hey, I would start Murphy with that size.... he will be out there a bunch. DB Home side hit the officially sold out today. Remaining available tickets went on sale this morning and by 10AM they had about 50 seats available,around the 10 yd line, and there were people in line for those. That is the first time the entire home side has sold out.

WaCo...shouldn't you have a Top 10 out about now?

Edited by ArtVandalay