Maryville vs. Cleveland (Red Rebels vs. Blue Raiders)

Red Rebels

I saw 2 teams playing hard and both making a lot of first game mistakes . Cleveland has improved a bunch from last year . I'd like to thank Cleveland and Webb both for stepping forward and being a part of our Doubleheader opener the last 2 years , others had a chance , but quickly remembered they " had other plans " . Good luck to Cleveland and Webb both for the remainder of the year . Onto the Alcoa game now .... yee haw !

I agree Pepvol. I hope Cleveland and Webb win the rest of their games. I will be pulling for them.

Raider fans be done with this. This game is over. The score could have been worse, it could have been better, but it is what it is. We appreciate you guys having us for your 1st two Blount county bowls( I don't know what the official name is). Surprised we had the guts to accept starting our year against the states top programs back to back years. Thank you guys for having us.

End thread.

thumb[1].gif Peace out!

Maryville is an outstanding team with a great fan base and that most programs aspire to be. Cleveland lacked the depth to really compete but I suspect is going to be a factor in thier district race.

As for the dirty hits, etc...I thought this was a fairly well played and officated game with some missed and late hits on both sides, none of which turned the outcome of the game. I suspect that the misguided author of the ghetto comment has no clue of its actual meaning ("ghetto" is a part of a city that Jews where forced to live in Europe during WWII). I doubt that much football was played in the ghettos during WWII and I suspect that Cleveland doesn't have ghettos either. The comments are really unfortunate and out of line when you consider all the hard work that goes into game day. In any case, mental migets are everywhere and the author doesn't represent the class and character of Maryville or Cleveland, either of which he might consider attending.

Then you must have been in a different stadium. Really, grabbing straps and jerk helmets , facemasks etc. I am not gonna debate it with you any longer. Have fun with your ghetto ball. I guess I was the only fan to see it , well at least say something about it anyway (figures).

I, too, would like a definition of what you mean by "ghetto ball" rolleyes.gif

I, too, would like a definition of what you mean by "ghetto ball" rolleyes.gif

I think it means soccer (football) in most of the world's ghettos. Good luck to Cleveland the rest of the way. I hope you all put things back to normal in Bradley County. Does Bradley think they are going to win state every year. Maybe it's just a few Bradley posters, but it seems like they have way too much confidence for a team that hasn't won anything in 36 years.

Edited by Red Rebels

Well I suspect that Bradley has won something these past forty years perhaps not enjoying the recent success of Maryville’s football program as very few have. But hope and optimism are not bad things and never hurt anyone. Disparaging an entire team if not school and community by using terms like "ghetto ball" however does and has no place and should not be accepted, retranslated or defended. I think it’s somewhat instructive that 15-18 year old young men put their skills, heart and soul on the line every Friday night for everyone to view and judge and always half will walk off the field scoreboard losers. Only then to have to tolerate the endless mindless catch phrases like “man upâ€, “just didn’t get it doneâ€..etc. and now even worse pejoratives, all from seemingly adult minds. I suspect we won’t get an answer to the ghetto ball question because cowardice is ignorance's second cousin and often found in the same gene pool.

Edited by Ericblair

I think it means soccer (football) in most of the world's ghettos. Good luck to Cleveland the rest of the way. I hope you all put things back to normal in Bradley County. Does Bradley think they are going to win state every year. Maybe it's just a few Bradley posters, but it seems like they have way too much confidence for a team that hasn't won anything in 36 years.

They aren't winning anything as long as you guys are around. They've had a few decent seasons here lately, let them have their moment.

I was trying to be nice , but I think you know what mean, I know what I saw. It is kinda funny how the hundreds of people were yelling at the officials for most of the game about late hits , and the helmet jerking stuff. You just keep on ignoring it as if iy never happened. And I do know what the term means and where it came from during WWII. That is not the way I was using it. Like it or not it matters not to me. As far as officials playing to the Maryville crowd ??? hehe they need not fear , most of them are harmless as you can see here.

I was trying to be nice , but I think you know what mean, I know what I saw. It is kinda funny how the hundreds of people were yelling at the officials for most of the game about late hits , and the helmet jerking stuff. You just keep on ignoring it as if iy never happened. And I do know what the term means and where it came from during WWII. That is not the way I was using it. Like it or not it matters not to me. As far as officials playing to the Maryville crowd ??? hehe they need not fear , most of them are harmless as you can see here.

give it up, its over.