Mt Pleasant vs Cascade - Week Zero

wholder

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would have went with a Memphis Tigers look or a red, white, and blue version of the Clemson Tigers helmet. I've always thought the mTp logo had too much going on...either the leters or the tiger, not both.

For The Win!!! I can picture a white helmet, red facemask, a red stripe with a blue stripe on either side, red paw on one side and a blue paw on the other...kind of like the old SMU Mustangs, but with Clemson paws.

smu-08-.gif

Superman goes from #12 to #1....... He may not have the break away speed as the first but I think he will shine... This group of seniors went undefeated in middle school as freshmen. So there is some supporting cast to go along with him. I think the skill players will be there but there is no size to the OL or DL. OL/DL in the original Superman were huge; this one is a bit undersized. I hate to put names on here but I do not have their numbers; anyways. Look for Corey Webster, Josh Russell & Lamont McGill to be the backs. Both Corey's & Lamonts dad played at mTp. Coreys dad (Tyson) was the starting QB that lead mTp the state semi finals in the early 90's. Look for Dee Owens, Devonte Webster & Jordan Mayberry to be the go to receivers. mTp will run a 4-2-5 defense this season. Defense will be anchored by Josh Russell & Houston Paul.. Zach Reagan really shined in the jamboree aganist Friendship Christian. I have never seen a set of kids more determined in the weight room since the group that was led by Roderick Whitaker.

A name to remember for the three years, Kenyores Smith. This kid can play ball............ His older brother was TJ Smith that started at qb a few games as a freshman. TJ did not play football his last two years to work on basketball

This season could be very exciting....... Only thing I hate is those ugly helments smh

Tyson Webster is Devonte Webster's dad...is he Corey's too?

It was a very good football game from a Cascade stand point. This Cascade team is very young and inexperienced and the score was 28 to 9 in favor of Mount Pleasant at half time. Cascade came back in the second half and put up 20 unanswered points to win the game. The difference in this game was conditioning... Mount Pleasant's boys were cramping up bad in the second half. Mount Pleasant has speed, size and talent on their team and I am sure they will bounce back from this loss and beat some good teams down the road. This Cascade team will just get better as the season goes on. The coaches will have a lot things to work on next week but the team didn't quit when they were down at half time last night and that says it all. Keep fighting Champs and you will win!!!

Edited by boxman