OCC @ UC

themachine

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suck it up rebs cuz theres always next week.

Please understand, there going to have to do lots of suckin' up this season to even compete. That statement is a very true statement. I'm not a coach but with as many seniors as the Rebels have ( 21 ) and prob. half of them didn't play much last year and the remaining one did play alot last year, they're going to have a very long season. NO offense at all and very little defense with the experience that has come back. I was really disapointed to see how the Rebels played against Union City, I really thought the game was going to be close...10 points or less. Coach Jackson put all of his eggs in one basket last year ( 2011 ), with only 1 playoff win and it is now showing A good coach with as many seniors and juniors as he has had the last 3 years.....one good season is not enough, most all coaches would have won last year. . He knew at the end of the first quarter last night against Union City, he was beat...and by a single A team at that, not good. I'm not a big fan of his, neither are several of the parents who have children playing for him, but the Rebel program has him. His bluff is now showing. Most any coach can win with what he had last year and would have gone further into the playoffs. We all want the Rebels to win for exception of when playing the Purple & Gold . Now we will wait til that game starts up again in a few years. To bad, Union City will be loaded for the next 4 years at least. But either way, the game goes on, this game is over, done with and I'm glad, win or loose. Now we both can get on to our normal season. It is ashame that it comes to a end for now. Good luck the rest of the season, hope the kids continue to work hard but I know the heads are down after getting drilled like they did Friday against Union City and with 9 more games to go, most of them tough, it's what you pay for when having a coach who threads his best night after night, play after play with no planning for the future. This season didn't have to be like it is about to be but you can blame the coach, its his way.

Please understand, there going to have to do lots of suckin' up this season to even compete. That statement is a very true statement. I'm not a coach but with as many seniors as the Rebels have ( 21 ) and prob. half of them didn't play much last year and the remaining one did play alot last year, they're going to have a very long season. NO offense at all and very little defense with the experience that has come back. I was really disapointed to see how the Rebels played against Union City, I really thought the game was going to be close...10 points or less. Coach Jackson put all of his eggs in one basket last year ( 2011 ), with only 1 playoff win and it is now showing A good coach with as many seniors and juniors as he has had the last 3 years.....one good season is not enough, most all coaches would have won last year. . He knew at the end of the first quarter last night against Union City, he was beat...and by a single A team at that, not good. I'm not a big fan of his, neither are several of the parents who have children playing for him, but the Rebel program has him. His bluff is now showing. Most any coach can win with what he had last year and would have gone further into the playoffs. We all want the Rebels to win for exception of when playing the Purple & Gold . Now we will wait til that game starts up again in a few years. To bad, Union City will be loaded for the next 4 years at least. But either way, the game goes on, this game is over, done with and I'm glad, win or loose. Now we both can get on to our normal season. It is ashame that it comes to a end for now. Good luck the rest of the season, hope the kids continue to work hard but I know the heads are down after getting drilled like they did Friday against Union City and with 9 more games to go, most of them tough, it's what you pay for when having a coach who threads his best night after night, play after play with no planning for the future. This season didn't have to be like it is about to be but you can blame the coach, its his way.

Three good seasons in a row. We expected to take some lumps with a young QB. No different than mercy ruling Uc last year. Except we didn't bash y'all for it. You can't blame a coach for the lack of skilled players. Everyone knows that comes in cycles. Not every senior starts. The next three years will be good for oc As well. Lots of young talent. Go ahead and bring up transfer students. Uc has four of them. The kids played hard on BOTH teams. Uc was the better team last night. Thanks for your support. Your nephew Jacob looked good running the ball for a freshman. He has bluffed no one. Parents and kids get mad and react hastefully after an upsetting loss. No different than last year When a couple Uc parents stayed after the Game griping about getting beat and wanting to switch schools. Yes Uc won. Game went not as expected. And yes 9 more to go. Right your No coach, So stay over there hanging on the fence with Your boys . Yea we know you. Thanks for the support, good luck rest of year Uc..

What's his bluff?? And every team, even Uc, has a few parents or players That don't like the coach.