Maplewood Panthers 2012

boski

Maplewood @ Lispcomb Academy ..should be a pretty good match up.

Maplewood seems to have the Mustangs number ..kinda the district bully!

..could this be the year the mustangs kick that panther off its back? im asking myself...

then i say no ..Maplewood tops LA 35 - 10 to take over first place in the district ...or something like that.

LA may be better prepared this season than previous ..but it will not be enough to contain these panthers.

An important game for both teams. Maplewood's offense is not as explosive as it has been in recents past, though the defense seems solid enough. I have a feeling that Lipscomb is better than last year's dreadful team. I think both teams will have a better picture of how they stand after the game Friday. I'm thinking that the Panthers win this one. But it won't be a blowout. Both teams still have CPA and Pearl-Cohn still left on their schedules. The loser may be fighting just to get in the playoffs. With three district games scheduled for tomorrow I think a much clearer picture of where all the member stands will be known at the end of the day.

I went to the Lipscomb game since the East game was at TPS. It was a painful game to watch. I'm sure that neither team played at their best. But considering that we are at the mid-point of the season I can't see either team getting past the first round of the playoffs (if either team gets that far) without a very fortunate first round opponent. And let's not talk about even getting past the second round.

Both teams made plenty mistakes: The Panthers with penalties; the Mustangs with poor execution in the red zone. Lipscomb stayed on Maplewood's side of the field for much of the game. But they left a few points on the field. And if I'm not mistaken Maplewood only crossed the fifty yard once (not counting the long runs for touchdowns).

Lipscomb ran the ball effectively for most of the game. But then they would get pass happy once in the red zone and either get sacked or incompletions. And Maplewood's coach must have basically abandoned the passing game. He acted as if he wanted to just run out the clock from the very start of the game. Oh well, there's always next week...for now.

I went to the Lipscomb game since the East game was at TPS. It was a painful game to watch. I'm sure that neither team played at their best. But considering that we are at the mid-point of the season I can't see either team getting past the first round of the playoffs (if either team gets that far) without a very fortunate first round opponent. And let's not talk about even getting past the second round.

Both teams made plenty mistakes: The Panthers with penalties; the Mustangs with poor execution in the red zone. Lipscomb stayed on Maplewood's side of the field for much of the game. But they left a few points on the field. And if I'm not mistaken Maplewood only crossed the fifty yard once (not counting the long runs for touchdowns).

Lipscomb ran the ball effectively for most of the game. But then they would get pass happy once in the red zone and either get sacked or incompletions. And Maplewood's coach must have basically abandoned the passing game. He acted as if he wanted to just run out the clock from the very start of the game. Oh well, there's always next week...for now.

that was not the best showing for my panthers ..kinda seemed to me that the maplewood coach wanted to tweak up the sub par running game ...penalties still playing a major part in the panthers sucsess on the field ...defense bent often but didnt break ..good to see that ...just keep at it .... still plenty more football to be played!!!

Edited by boski

that was not the best showing for my panthers ..kinda seemed to me that the maplewood coach wanted to tweak up the sub par running game ...penalties still playing a major part in the panthers sucsess on the field ...defense bent often but didnt break ..good to see that ...just keep at it .... still plenty more football to be played!!!

Boski, over the weekend I checked out the statistics on the game against Lispcomb. Wimberly (the passer) didn't play QB for Maplewood, Watts did. It slipped my notice until Saturday when I read the stats on the game. That may be why the coach stayed so much with the run. I think there were only about six pass attempts the entire game. The Panthers had had a near even number of passing and running plays over the previous two games until last Friday. I don't know why Wimberly don't play. But without him in there to add a passing dimension this season's running game will have to improve greatly to get pass the second round, in my opinion.

Boski, over the weekend I checked out the statistics on the game against Lispcomb. Wimberly (the passer) didn't play QB for Maplewood, Watts did. It slipped my notice until Saturday when I read the stats on the game. That may be why the coach stayed so much with the run. I think there were only about six pass attempts the entire game. The Panthers had had a near even number of passing and running plays over the previous two games until last Friday. I don't know why Wimberly don't play. But without him in there to add a passing dimension this season's running game will have to improve greatly to get pass the second round, in my opinion.

I agree on that. ..I really didn't notice the QB change.... Hope he is back soon...im going to try and get some info on this..