Greenback vs Oliver springs

orngnblk

Didnt see anything flagrant,you are right if you put the pads on you have to be ready for anything!I will say it clearly this is a mans sport,but we are lucky to have a young lady like her to step in for her brother,she is worth her weight in gold!

I didn't mean to come across as a "hit the girl & teach her a lesson" kinda guy, hope I didn't. She seemed to do a pretty good job last week & sounds like she got a work out last night as well. Tell her to be sure to do some weight training with her right leg, (pretty sure she's a lefty) that's very important. Not so much for her kicking game but with the O y'all have & all the PAT's she's gonna have to kick she'll never make it to anything on time again. Just be in the hallway walking in circles to her right if she doesn't make sure her right keeps up with her left. roflolk.gifthumb[1].gifroflolk.gif

Edited by crow

I didn't mean to come across as a "hit the girl & teach her a lesson" kinda guy, hope I didn't. She seemed to do a pretty good job last week & sounds like she got a work out last night as well. Tell her to be sure to do some weight training with her right leg, (pretty sure she's a lefty) that's very important. Not so much for her kicking game but with the O y'all have & all the PAT's she's gonna have to kick she'll never make it to anything on time again. Just be in the hallway walking in circles to her right if she doesn't make sure her right keeps up with her left. roflolk.gifthumb[1].gifroflolk.gif

Shes a busy lady Crow,plays soccer all week!One of the best players in district.Expecting her brother back in two to three games.It was funny last night on the sidelines some of her girly friends where there and she asked do i have a red mark on my forehead from having to put the helmet on so much.That was funny. Edited by orngnblk

ready to see gb challenged but dont see anybody on the schedule besides grace that will do that.But i dont see gb being able to compete with them. Did gb try to run up the score on OS in the second half?

I feel the same way. While it appears GB is gelling well, I need to see more before I view this team as a serious title contender. Not taking anything away from this bunch, they are having fun and playing good ball but I am afraid their schedule with the possible exception of Grace will leave more questions than answers. I wish we had another South Pitt caliber team to play during the regular season. Oneida seems average, ( though they may get a whole lot better before the year is out ) and Oliver Springs is awful. I see a few more OS level teams on the horizon and I am not sure they will test our mettle enough to carry the team through November.

I feel the same way. While it appears GB is gelling well, I need to see more before I view this team as a serious title contender. Not taking anything away from this bunch, they are having fun and playing good ball but I am afraid their schedule with the possible exception of Grace will leave more questions than answers. I wish we had another South Pitt caliber team to play during the regular season. Oneida seems average, ( though they may get a whole lot better before the year is out ) and Oliver Springs is awful. I see a few more OS level teams on the horizon and I am not sure they will test our mettle enough to carry the team through November.

I have always the most respect for your posts maj,but i dont know why all the negativty towards this team?Well one thing is for sure Maj;Greenback did take the first step in doing something the past(GOOD SR LADEN)GB teams couldnt do and that is go into Oneida and beat a SR LADEN Oneida team convincingly!This Oneida team GB beat is a good one.I dont believe you have even watched these young men compete yet,they ARE the best football TEAM we have had in 15 plus yrs,one of the faithful Oneida fans put it as not as flashy as 08,but a better,faster more powerful team.and i have to agree!So come watch them before you doubt them.You might want to watch them again.I do agree Grace is the team to beat in our district but heck they are beating 4a teams,3a state champions and everybody else on their schedule they are a joke for us 1a and 2a teams not really a fair measuring stick.Nobody has even said anything about a title contender except Pujo and he is always optomistic,still have a whole season to play out.We havnt had a title contender since early 2000.So now is as good as any!haha. Edited by orngnblk

I have always the most respect for your posts maj,but i dont know why all the negativty towards this team?Well one thing is for sure Maj;Greenback did take the first step in doing something the past(GOOD SR LADEN)GB teams couldnt do and that is go into Oneida and beat a SR LADEN Oneida team convincingly!This Oneida team GB beat is a good one.I dont believe you have even watched these young men compete yet,they ARE the best football TEAM we have had in 15 plus yrs,one of the faithful Oneida fans put it as not as flashy as 08,but a better,faster more powerful team.and i have to agree!So come watch them before you doubt them.You might want to watch them again.I do agree Grace is the team to beat in our district but heck they are beating 4a teams,3a state champions and everybody else on their schedule they are a joke for us 1a and 2a teams not really a fair measuring stick.Nobody has even said anything about a title contender except Pujo and he is always optomistic,still have a whole season to play out.We havnt had a title contender since early 2000.So now is as good as any!haha.

You are looking for offense where none exists. If you are correct and this really is the best team in 15 years then how could you be thinking ANYTHING other than title contention. If you don't believe they have what it takes to be a title contender, who are you trying to convince this team is the best in a generation ? Me or yourself ?Again I hope this team really is that good but I have my doubts. True I haven't seen this team anywhere near as much as previous years but I know most of the personnel and have watched them develope. There are some gamers to be be sure. My concern is the schedule has softened up a bit over past years. I don't see South Pitt, who we used to play. I don't see Sweetwater, I don't see Loudon or any teams approaching them on the scedule. We may build a fine record romping over Oliver Springs and the like but I want to see another title while I am still above the dirt. I don't want to come up short again at seasons end because we haven't played anyone as good as us all year. The schedule is what it is and we have to play it out, and while I can enjoy the moment, celebrate success and all that, I am not ready to throw a parade everytime we cream an average team. I expect to crush those guys. Now I want to get to the next level and I hope this is the team to take it all the way.

What are your thoughts on Tellico ?

You are looking for offense where none exists. If you are correct and this really is the best team in 15 years then how could you be thinking ANYTHING other than title contention. If you don't believe they have what it takes to be a title contender, who are you trying to convince this team is the best in a generation ? Me or yourself ?Again I hope this team really is that good but I have my doubts. True I haven't seen this team anywhere near as much as previous years but I know most of the personnel and have watched them develope. There are some gamers to be be sure. My concern is the schedule has softened up a bit over past years. I don't see South Pitt, who we used to play. I don't see Sweetwater, I don't see Loudon or any teams approaching them on the scedule. We may build a fine record romping over Oliver Springs and the like but I want to see another title while I am still above the dirt. I don't want to come up short again at seasons end because we haven't played anyone as good as us all year. The schedule is what it is and we have to play it out, and while I can enjoy the moment, celebrate success and all that, I am not ready to throw a parade everytime we cream an average team. I expect to crush those guys. Now I want to get to the next level and I hope this is the team to take it all the way.

What are your thoughts on Tellico ?

As always your post hold water.In posting what i did we havnt had a really good TEAM that plays TEAM ball they way this one does.We have depth at all positions(we havnt had that in many many yrs).The problem is South Pitt is the big dog yr in and yr out,that area produces alot of talent kids in the area middle schools know if you want to compete for a championship you go to high school there.We can only pull from what we have that is a small Greenback school-you know all this so im preaching to the choir.The level of talent we have is the best we have had as far as football IQ and athletes.I have never spoken out the side of my mouth i call it like i see it,i do see thru orange colored glasses at times,but i have seen alot of GB teams thru the yrs,other than frog i have watched more practices than most of the coaches.I do not dispute some of the teams on the schedule is (weak)but heck the 08 team only beat two teams with a winning record in reg season-midway and loudon,and played a terrible hampton and Grace team in playoffs,then got run ruled up at Oneida.We may or may not be a (contender)its to early to tell,injuries play alot into that.My attention is fully on Tellico this week,we all know they give us a fit up there on their field,My thoughts on Tellico after watching some film is we dont need to under estimate anyone on the sched.WIN THE DAY!Maj as always i do like most of your post you do have alot of knowledge which makes for good reading.Hope to see you at the Wartburg game!

Orngnblk, how do you compare this Greenback team to last year? Are they better even with the lost of Goodson? Keep rolling and goodluck the rest of the way!!

QB position is solid,Goodson was a great play maker,Anderson is a better all around QB.Makes good decisions.Hard to compare i loved the way Goodson played,he was a hard nosed ball player,youd think he was raised around here.lol.D-line is better we have depth and size.O-line is very strong and moves very good,alot of athletes up front.Weight room makes the difference.Depth at skill posistions take alot of pressure off of seymour.We have a long season to play but it could be a good one,have to saty healthy!

As always your post hold water.In posting what i did we havnt had a really good TEAM that plays TEAM ball they way this one does.We have depth at all positions(we havnt had that in many many yrs).The problem is South Pitt is the big dog yr in and yr out,that area produces alot of talent kids in the area middle schools know if you want to compete for a championship you go to high school there.We can only pull from what we have that is a small Greenback school-you know all this so im preaching to the choir.The level of talent we have is the best we have had as far as football IQ and athletes.I have never spoken out the side of my mouth i call it like i see it,i do see thru orange colored glasses at times,but i have seen alot of GB teams thru the yrs,other than frog i have watched more practices than most of the coaches.I do not dispute some of the teams on the schedule is (weak)but heck the 08 team only beat two teams with a winning record in reg season-midway and loudon,and played a terrible hampton and Grace team in playoffs,then got run ruled up at Oneida.We may or may not be a (contender)its to early to tell,injuries play alot into that.My attention is fully on Tellico this week,we all know they give us a fit up there on their field,My thoughts on Tellico after watching some film is we dont need to under estimate anyone on the sched.WIN THE DAY!Maj as always i do like most of your post you do have alot of knowledge which makes for good reading.Hope to see you at the Wartburg game!

I'll be prowling the sidelines, rooting them on and cussing up a storm at Tellico. See you there.

Orngnblk, how do you compare this Greenback team to last year? Are they better even with the lost of Goodson? Keep rolling and goodluck the rest of the way!!

I'll chime in on that one if you don't mind. To be brief in summary, a better TEAM. I've saw Greenback a time or two each season every year for the last 7 or 8 years. This one is as capable as any I have watched & they are the best at making 11 players look like 1 unit that I have witnessed.

I was the poster that made the reference about this one not being as flashy as the '08 group. The way I phrased it was less glitter but more chrome, just as shiny but a lot tougher. Again not saying they're world beaters but I wouldn't be surprised with a very deep run. If they get beat by a team in the East (1A play-off class mind you) it will have been an upset in my eyes. I don't know what the West holds, just not that up on them.

Regardless, this group has a ton of focus & determination so I'm sure us rail sitters are the only ones thinking beyond Friday anyway. LOL