McMinn Central @ Notre Dame

volahol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thought MC handled McMinns special teams pretty well. They did a good job about keeping it out of the hands of danger icon_e_smile.gif.

Well that would be a good strategy this week. However, if you guys do mess up and put it in the hands of danger, your guys better hit him when he catches the ball. If he gets started, no one will catch him - I promise.

Here is how Ferrell sees this matchup.

McMinn Central Notre Dame

Line +

QB +

RB +

WR +

Special Teams +

Overall Depth +

Coaching +

Home Field Adv. +

This should be a great matchup this Friday, as McMinn Central will have the edge on both sides of the ball on the line of scrimmage with more size and depth overall. However, if the first string lineman for the Irish can hold their own (which I am confident they can) for four quarters, I think the speed, athleticism and great coaching staff for the Irish will be the difference. On top of that, as Bobby Bowden once said, "in big games, everyone likes to talk about the offenses and defenses, and usually these games are decided by a field goal or a big play on special teams."

How did I give ND the edge at QB with Darras only being a freshman? He still has a long way to go and a lot to learn. However, at 6'3", with a rocket arm, and a great head on his shoulders, he is mature beyond his years. He is used to winning/excelling at everything he has ever done and his confidence appears to be contagious.

The thing about the special teams being so good, is so many high school teams look at special teams as a way to get all of the kids (or least more kids) some playing time. It is also looked at as a way to give your studs a breather. All of the Irish special teams are being taken seriously and the kids are really getting coached up. You can already see a huge difference compared to past years.

3 Keys to the game for the Irish to get a win:

1) They need to win the turnover battle again

2) The defense needs to not give up the BIG plays. Grace had 4 big plays that accounted for about 90% of their offense. And M.C. has more big play ability than Grace.

3) The Irish need to get off to a good start and not let M.C. gain confidence and get on a roll. Most of the big play weapons (both offensively and defensively) for the Irish are young and they are used to winning a lot in their athletic careers. If they smell blood early and have success, they are capable of giving M.C. a knockout blow. On the flip side, if they get down early, it remains to be seen how this young team will respond.

Difference in the game: I think the rejuvenated ND defense under the tutelage of new Defensive Coordinator, Bo Campbell, will be the difference in this game. Coach Campbell and his defensive staff had the Fighting Irish playing at a much higher level than last year. On top of that, the Irish have 4 or 5 of the most lethal hitters/tacklers they have had since the team that made it to 2 state semifinal appearances in a row. Exhibit A: Grace returned 8 of 11 starters on offense (and all of their skill kids) and they scored 48 points on ND last year with almost 600 yards of offense. Had they not turned the ball over 5 times, they might have scored 80. And if you saw Grace in the Jamboree, they throttled the East Ridge defense with 2 easy scores in 1 quarter. This year, only 13 points (only 200+ yds. of offense), and most of their big plays coming after the Irish started getting more players in the game.

So look for a big play or two by the Irish on defense to swing this game.

Leonard Losers Prediction: Irish will win a "nail-biter" by 4.

Here is how Ferrell sees this matchup.

McMinn Central Notre Dame

Line +

QB +

RB +

WR +

Special Teams +

Overall Depth +

Coaching +

Home Field Adv. +

This should be a great matchup this Friday, as McMinn Central will have the edge on both sides of the ball on the line of scrimmage with more size and depth overall. However, if the first string lineman for the Irish can hold their own (which I am confident they can) for four quarters, I think the speed, athleticism and great coaching staff for the Irish will be the difference. On top of that, as Bobby Bowden once said, "in big games, everyone likes to talk about the offenses and defenses, and usually these games are decided by a field goal or a big play on special teams."

How did I give ND the edge at QB with Darras only being a freshman? He still has a long way to go and a lot to learn. However, at 6'3", with a rocket arm, and a great head on his shoulders, he is mature beyond his years. He is used to winning/excelling at everything he has ever done and his confidence appears to be contagious.

The thing about the special teams being so good, is so many high school teams look at special teams as a way to get all of the kids (or least more kids) some playing time. It is also looked at as a way to give your studs a breather. All of the Irish special teams are being taken seriously and the kids are really getting coached up. You can already see a huge difference compared to past years.

3 Keys to the game for the Irish to get a win:

1) They need to win the turnover battle again

2) The defense needs to not give up the BIG plays. Grace had 4 big plays that accounted for about 90% of their offense. And M.C. has more big play ability than Grace.

3) The Irish need to get off to a good start and not let M.C. gain confidence and get on a roll. Most of the big play weapons (both offensively and defensively) for the Irish are young and they are used to winning a lot in their athletic careers. If they smell blood early and have success, they are capable of giving M.C. a knockout blow. On the flip side, if they get down early, it remains to be seen how this young team will respond.

Difference in the game: I think the rejuvenated ND defense under the tutelage of new Defensive Coordinator, Bo Campbell, will be the difference in this game. Coach Campbell and his defensive staff had the Fighting Irish playing at a much higher level than last year. On top of that, the Irish have 4 or 5 of the most lethal hitters/tacklers they have had since the team that made it to 2 state semifinal appearances in a row. Exhibit A: Grace returned 8 of 11 starters on offense (and all of their skill kids) and they scored 48 points on ND last year with almost 600 yards of offense. Had they not turned the ball over 5 times, they might have scored 80. And if you saw Grace in the Jamboree, they throttled the East Ridge defense with 2 easy scores in 1 quarter. This year, only 13 points (only 200+ yds. of offense), and most of their big plays coming after the Irish started getting more players in the game.

So look for a big play or two by the Irish on defense to swing this game.

Leonard Losers Prediction: Irish will win a "nail-biter" by 4.

Edited by irishfan08

Irish fans, I'm a proud alumni of ndhs and love the fact that we are in the boards with some fans. I follow these and this is my 1st ever post since back in my day (not too far back lol) coach Wiggins kinda frowned upon us posting. I'm very excited for our young team and it looks like they are headed in the right direction. I have one problem though...even though he is no longer there and if you only look at the scores from 3 years when they were really down athletically, you are making it sound like coach Idol (the former d-coordinator) was awful. As a young man whom he influenced very much please give some respect. Me and some of my former teammates were upset to here after 7-9 years he was gone. He was a great coach who worked like crazyand really cared for his players. He will be missed by the ndhs family. That said I've got the Irish in this one with help of the big play. Good luck and play like a champion today!

I've saw Notre Dame in one of their fall scrimmages......and you are dillusional if you think anybody on that team has a "rocket arm".

The winner of this game is...... who knows! The losers.... those who have to pay to watch it ( heck, you have to pay to get in the parking lot at ND). These teams won't win 4 games combined.

I've saw Notre Dame in one of their fall scrimmages......and you are dillusional if you think anybody on that team has a "rocket arm".

The winner of this game is...... who knows! The losers.... those who have to pay to watch it ( heck, you have to pay to get in the parking lot at ND). These teams won't win 4 games combined.

First of all, I'm not sure which scrimmage you saw, but our starter (the freshman) saw limited action in the first scrimmage and went out the first play of the second. Secondly, ND didn't have its starting O Line for any of the scrimmages or Jamboree and the quarterbacks were running for their lives and didn't have a chance to demonstrate really what kind of an arm they had. I can't speak to MC, but I assure you ND will win more than 4 games this year themselves. I predict ND will be 2-0 after tomorrow nights nail biter.

Charlie M, your post have always been pretty good - disappointed in this one.

Kids do read this stuff, and no matter what, just as Polk we love our football. PC got thumped last week, correct. No disrespect or words rolling from the blue. I think you are going to be suprised by the athletic ablility and the leaps and bounds on the field for the Chargers this year. As I have said before you have being playing close to a jv team when you played MC.