Daniel Boone vs Cherokee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherokee by less than 2 tds. Boone's secondary? Betsy QB was just chucking up shot ducks.

It has nothing to do with Betsy's Qb but about Boones Secondary. They start 4 SR's with speed that can play. JJ never talks up his team before the season but for him to say it's the best group of skill/Secondary players he has ever had tells me something.

It has nothing to do with Betsy's Qb but about Boones Secondary. They start 4 SR's with speed that can play. JJ never talks up his team before the season but for him to say it's the best group of skill/Secondary players he has ever had tells me something.

Gotcha. I hope they are the best secondary JJ has had. I just can't remember the Blazer secondary being a standout group of athletes over the past 5 years or so. Forgive me but when I think Boone, I think 3 yards and a cloud of dust on offense. On defense I think hogs up front and hard-nosed linebackers.

Cherokee can score on almost anyone. Ryans had 2800 passing yards last year and has all major receivers back. The real question is will Cherokee be able to stop Boone. In the past they have ran the ball very well against us. Penalties have also hurt us thus far. We will be more balanced but if he has to Ryans may throw it 50 times. This will be a high scoring game.

Edited by Cherokee

I'm not sure that it will be that high scoring of a game. Elizabethon only had the ball one time in the first quarter and Boone likes to nickel and dime it's way down the field. Ball possession was the key to beating elizabethon and I don't see JJ changing the game plan that much for this one. If Boone can get the ball and manage to pick up first downs when needed and keep ryans off the field then this game shouldn't be a problem. Betsys defense was sucking air by the end of the first quarter and the offense really never got a breath of life. If Cherokee falls into the same rhythm as Betsy it might be a long night for the chiefs.