Brainerd @ Rhea County

Eagle4

After watching the Powell-Rhea game last Friday, I think the Eagles are much improved from a year ago. For a week 0 performance, I felt like Rhea County made few mistakes, played well, and they really gave Powell all they could handle. Excellent size on the offensive and defensive lines (controlled the line of scrimmage against Powell), solid feature back (Sharp), and a good veteran QB (Dotson). I just saw the schedule for Rhea County, and it is pretty rough. Tough ones against Bearden, Fulton, Ooltewah, and Cleveland, not to mention McMinn and Bradley. Should get a win this week. Good luck this season Eagles!

Hopefully the boys will get a W this week. I believe after seeing a good amount of positives Friday night that we will come out on top this week against the Panthers. I'm sure they'll have their speed like they do every year. Hopefully we can jump on them early and keep them from getting too confident.

I'm looking forward to the first game on the turf. I also believe we'll get to see the finished track as well.

Hopefully the boys will get a W this week. I believe after seeing a good amount of positives Friday night that we will come out on top this week against the Panthers. I'm sure they'll have their speed like they do every year. Hopefully we can jump on them early and keep them from getting too confident.

I'm looking forward to the first game on the turf. I also believe we'll get to see the finished track as well.

Rhea did look much improved at Powell. Signs of good things to come I do believe.

33-6 win for the boys in Green. I was definitely proud to see the boys break in the turf with a win. We had two TDs called back over the course of the game that could have padded stats. We seemed to have quite a few holding calls tonight. However, a W is always good and I can't complain all that much. Time to concentrate on a short week and hope we'll be ready for the Cherokees coming off a big win tonight as well.

Question: Has there been a change in the rules concerning an onside kick and I missed it? I know that kick (probably supposed to go deep) went well over 10 yards and we caught it; then Brainerd got the ball. I know we got it right back on a fumble, but that sure seems like the zebras got that one wrong unless they've changed some rules...

It has been 671 days or 57,974,400 seconds or 966,240 minutes or 16,104 hours or 95 weeks (rounded down) since the boys in green and gold have scored 33+ points on Bill Horton field. Only the third time this has happened in the past 1388 days or 119,923,200 seconds or 1,998,720 minutes or 33,312 hours or 198 weeks (rounded down). Glad to see OC Joshua Troy Owensby restoring the glory his mentor created. I'll leave you with some of the best life advice I've ever received, "For with Walt nothing shall be impossible."