CAK vs. Darlington (Rome,GA)

FootballDad

To state the obvious, a weak defense makes this loss (Smith) even bigger since they need to be playing half the offense both ways. A great combo would be this year's offense and two years ago defense but --- that's just the what if game. Gotta play the rest of them with what we've got. Chance for some guys to step up.

What does CAK gain by playing Webb, they give scholarships. If they would remove the players who are on aid when playing CAK, I say play them.If we beat them its not a big deal. Most folks in Knoxville don't follow Webb, they get very little coverage in the local paper and the teams they play in their division are smaller than Grace .We need to play public schools if at all possible or privates who play in the public leauge.

Public schools won't play us, generally speaking. It does them no good to play us if they believe we have a decent chance to win and some public schools won't play us on "principal" --for the same reasons you are saying we shouldn't play Webb--they believe we have a distinct advantage by being private, even if we don't give athletic scholarships.

To state the obvious, a weak defense makes this loss (Smith) even bigger since they need to be playing half the offense both ways. A great combo would be this year's offense and two years ago defense but --- that's just the what if game. Gotta play the rest of them with what we've got. Chance for some guys to step up.

Just curious,,,,What did you like about the defense from 2 years ago????

JD- BC and I went to squat in your seats because we knew you were not going to be there...some clowns were already camped there and wouldn't give them up even though we said that you told us to go there!! (little white lie)

Funny.

As far as 25 being in the game when he was, there was nothing unusual about it. Most teams have the rule of 42 (starters play until 42 points are on the board) It was just a freak play where he landed on his shoulder and a player landed on top of him, nothing more.

Darlington moved the ball well between the 20's CAK brought in "advanced" players on defense in the red zone.

Some times it worked, sometimes it didn't. The "advanced" players were the group that gave up the first half TD.

The "starters" held them to a FG, which I found interesting.

JD- BC and I went to squat in your seats because we knew you were not going to be there...some clowns were already camped there and wouldn't give them up even though we said that you told us to go there!! (little white lie)

Funny.

As far as 25 being in the game when he was, there was nothing unusual about it. Most teams have the rule of 42 (starters play until 42 points are on the board) It was just a freak play where he landed on his shoulder and a player landed on top of him, nothing more.

Darlington moved the ball well between the 20's CAK brought in "advanced" players on defense in the red zone.

Some times it worked, sometimes it didn't. The "advanced" players were the group that gave up the first half TD.

The "starters" held them to a FG, which I found interesting.

APB, not sure when you guys left JD's section but when I came over to visit about the first half you and BC must have moved closer to the concession stands. The first TD was definitely on the "advanced" players due to the FS getting a bit greedy and getting a pass tossed over his head, but they stuffed Darlington on any of the other series in which they were inserted in the first half. Many of the players on the "advanced" unit have never been allowed to play defense until this game. It will take a while for them to be a complete unit rather than a group of individuals, but they definitely give us the best chance of stopping our opponents. Regardless, you saw first hand that our work is cut out for us. But we've got a long time to get ready for the F5, thankfully.

Funny.

Well, after being "chased away" from our area and disrepsected last year we have not been back.

Sir, with all due respect, i can appreciate your post, but I have been involved with the Webb games for many years, and again listen to what I am saying other than travel,how do we benifit playing them, they will allways have players on aid and they will run the single wing, which we do not prepare for during the season. Why dont we pay some 5A or 6A schools to play us, we would make it up at the gate. As far as Darlington giving aid, that once was true, but when Ga dedcided to drop the multiplier, they did away with alowing privates to give aid. If were going to play Webb, then lets go division 2, so we are on a equal playing field. When Webb played Alcoa, the open zone deal was the equalizer for Alcoa. If Alcoa didn't have a open zone policy, Webb would have destroyed them. Check the roster on Alcoa and you will see there are kids from allover Blount County and it least one or two from Knox.

Signed

The Dude

I have listened and I heard your argument for not playing Webb. Or at least I thought I had. icon_e_biggrin.gif I also said in my post that I can understand why someone would take the position that you have taken. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just stating some valid reasons for playing Webb. The circumstances surrounding scheduling, which I am intimately aware of, have made it excruciatingly painful to fill out a complete 10 game schedule when we play in a small 6 team district. Not 1 single non-district school has renewed their football contract with CAK in the past 6 years except for Grace. Who of course is another private and a team that plays the wingT, double wing, or something similar just like Webb. (you said Webb runs the single wing but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here). Stone Memorial also runs that style of offense. So I don't get your argument about Webb not helping prepare us for future opponents. By the way, without a doubt 100% fact CAK does practice and prepare to face the wing T. We don't always play like we have prepared for it but I know we do prepare. The local 5A & 6A schools don't want to play. I understand that. Maybe they will change their minds in the near future, but for now they have all either said "No" or refuse to return calls. I believe the qualification and seeding guidelines for the playoffs are one of the major contributing factors as well as the negative perception that many public school coaches and administrators have about playing any of the privates regardless if they are Division I or II. As far as Division II, that was discussed at one time and was completely ruled out in less time than it took me to type this sentence. Our school charter expressly prohibits offering financial aid to athletes, even if the TSSAA allowed it. And as far as a level playing field, well, when you find it let us all know about it. A school that has 400 students, no option to financially recruit athletes, and a 1.8 multiplier will not be on a level playing field every time they take the field. How level is the playing field if we schedule mega schools like Oakland, Riverdale & Dobyns Bennett ? And why would they play us anyway? They have little to gain and a lot to lose. Its very difficult to get a great gate from a school no matter how big it is if their supporters have to drive 2+ hours to get here. And then, even if we get a good gate, we aren't going to be able to return the favor when we have to travel back to their place the following year.

Regardless, we simply don't agree about playing Webb vs playing mega schools or playing less than a full schedule. Thats what this board is for thumb[1].gif

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed Football Dad, it's just a shame the two can't seem to get together on a consistent basis. I also agree CAK is on the rise and taking off my Spartan glasses I would predict CAK would most likely handle Webb this year. Enough about this, good luck to CAK the rest of the way.

Wow. First off Webb beats CAK this year if they played. CAK may have had webb last year but after seeing Webb 5 games into the season and seeing CAK defense that has stopped NOBODY there is no way CAK beats Webb or slows down Aaron Blance and Todd Kelly jr. Also Webbs secondary is much better than any secondary CAK has played this year making the game a Webb W without a doubt IMO. Second CAK has EVERYTHING to gain by playing Webb. Catholic and Webb will never respect CAK as an elite program until they are willing to play and beat the other schools on cedar bluff right next to them. Webb does much less than any other private school and not much more than any public school when it comes to scholarships/recruiting. We offer scholarships on a need base not athletic, if you look at the 40 people on our roster youd see that. If the defending champion CAK Warriors are too scared to play a Webb team with just 40 players then there will never be full respect for their program from Catholic and Webb followers. Let the kids play excuses are for the weak. We are right down the street, grown some balls and plays us. Until then you will always be considered the 3rd best program on Cedar Bluff.

Wow. First off Webb beats CAK this year if they played. CAK may have had webb last year but after seeing Webb 5 games into the season and seeing CAK defense that has stopped NOBODY there is no way CAK beats Webb or slows down Aaron Blance and Todd Kelly jr. Also Webbs secondary is much better than any secondary CAK has played this year making the game a Webb W without a doubt IMO. Second CAK has EVERYTHING to gain by playing Webb. Catholic and Webb will never respect CAK as an elite program until they are willing to play and beat the other schools on cedar bluff right next to them. Webb does much less than any other private school and not much more than any public school when it comes to scholarships/recruiting. We offer scholarships on a need base not athletic, if you look at the 40 people on our roster youd see that. If the defending champion CAK Warriors are too scared to play a Webb team with just 40 players then there will never be full respect for their program from Catholic and Webb followers. Let the kids play excuses are for the weak. We are right down the street, grown some balls and plays us. Until then you will always be considered the 3rd best program on Cedar Bluff.

No offense, brother, but there are a lot of things you think you know that you don't really know. And I can't speak for the CAK program as a whole, but it's my sense that the players and coaches I know don't lose a lot of sleep worrying about whether Webb or Catholic "respects" their program. And they certainly don't lose sleep worrying about whether bratty little taunters "respect" their program. Now go run along back to English class as your grammar and punctuation need some remedial work. If you're really a Webb student or grad, I'd be shocked.

No offense, brother, but there are a lot of things you think you know that you don't really know. And I can't speak for the CAK program as a whole, but it's my sense that the players and coaches I know don't lose a lot of sleep worrying about whether Webb or Catholic "respects" their program. And they certainly don't lose sleep worrying about whether bratty little taunters "respect" their program. Now go run along back to English class as your grammar and punctuation need some remedial work. If you're really a Webb student or grad, I'd be shocked.

LOLLOLOL Hahaahaha you really got mad!! You didn't make a single point. We don't lose any sleep either bud, especially since every year we played you it was a complete blowout! Everytime CAK thinks they are good enough to play with the Webb School they schedule us for two years get whooped and beat up and then don't play us anymore. I actually am a Webb grad and I wasn't really too worried about grammar on an online site called coacht with my cell phone??? haha grow up. There are not a lot of things I "think" i know (Mr Sketchy) there are a few things I KNOW. CAK is scared to play Webb. Every kid I know that goes to CAK wanted to play, every kid at Webb wants to play...so why dont we? The game should be about the kids and the CAK/Webb game could have turned into a great rivalry. I guess the coaching staff or administration doesnt want another whooping. You are the ones with nothing to lose seeing as you have NEVER had a game within 17 points. If you lose ok you always do, if you win then you finally beat the big brother on the block. Everyone plays for respect, maybe CAK is more worried about gate...im sure Webb would play two games at CAK to make up for your "gate" or maybe CAK is more worried about academics then respect for their program...oh wait Webb is better there as well. sleep.png

PS my Junior and Senior years playing at Webb were really ugly against your warriors 42-14, 31-14. Webb, 2007 and 2008.

Whenever someone doesn't have a point on Coacht they point to grammar or something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand like "bratty" kids haha. Owned.

Edited by Spartan4Life

LOLLOLOL Hahaahaha you really got mad!! You didn't make a single point. We don't lose any sleep either bud, especially since every year we played you it was a complete blowout! Everytime CAK thinks they are good enough to play with the Webb School they schedule us for two years get whooped and beat up and then don't play us anymore. I actually am a Webb grad and I wasn't really too worried about grammar on an online site called coacht with my cell phone??? haha grow up. There are not a lot of things I "think" i know (Mr Sketchy) there are a few things I KNOW. CAK is scared to play Webb. Every kid I know that goes to CAK wanted to play, every kid at Webb wants to play...so why dont we? The game should be about the kids and the CAK/Webb game could have turned into a great rivalry. I guess the coaching staff or administration doesnt want another whooping. You are the ones with nothing to lose seeing as you have NEVER had a game within 17 points. If you lose ok you always do, if you win then you finally beat the big brother on the block. Everyone plays for respect, maybe CAK is more worried about gate...im sure Webb would play two games at CAK to make up for your "gate" or maybe CAK is more worried about academics then respect for their program...oh wait Webb is better there as well. sleep.png

PS my Junior and Senior years playing at Webb were really ugly against your warriors 42-14, 31-14. Webb, 2007 and 2008.

Whenever someone doesn't have a point on Coacht they point to grammar or something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand like "bratty" kids haha. Owned.

Your parents didn't get their money's worth, Mr. Webb grad. Of course, they didn't hold up their end of the bargain either by teaching you some class.

As such a youngster, you might not be aware that CAK has only had a football team for about 10-12 years, so many of those "whoopings" Webb administered came against a CAK team that was still building itself into a program.

As for whether I'm mad, I'm not "mad," nor am I angry (which is what I think you really meant to say). Nor did I intend to really make a "point," at least not in the sense that your distorted version of logic/rhetoric has any "points." I could tell from your post it would be futile to actually argue logically with you. I just wanted to give you a little dig, which obviously succeeded, though you're evidently too thick to realize because you think YOU were the "owner" rather than the "owned."

Your original post claimed boldly that CAK was "too scared" to play Webb and also counseled CAK to "grown [sic] some balls." Your English teachers at Webb would be so proud. In any event, your coarse language in your opening post, combined with your response to my post, proves all the points I need to make about the weight to be afforded your opinion.

• Upvote 1

Your parents didn't get their money's worth, Mr. Webb grad. Of course, they didn't hold up their end of the bargain either by teaching you some class.

As such a youngster, you might not be aware that CAK has only had a football team for about 10-12 years, so many of those "whoopings" Webb administered came against a CAK team that was still building itself into a program.

As for whether I'm mad, I'm not "mad," nor am I angry (which is what I think you really meant to say). Nor did I intend to really make a "point," at least not in the sense that your distorted version of logic/rhetoric has any "points." I could tell from your post it would be futile to actually argue logically with you. I just wanted to give you a little dig, which obviously succeeded, though you're evidently too thick to realize because you think YOU were the "owner" rather than the "owned."

Your original post claimed boldly that CAK was "too scared" to play Webb and also counseled CAK to "grown [sic] some balls." Your English teachers at Webb would be so proud. In any event, your coarse language in your opening post, combined with your response to my post, proves all the points I need to make about the weight to be afforded your opinion.

Lol alright man. Once again picking a battle that has nothing to do with Webb playing CAK. Nothing to do with actual football. I actually gave CAK some respect as well saying last year they may have beat Webb if they had played us. I actually was on scholarship (so my parents didn't waste any money, I was accepted due to my grades and test scores) and I prefer to make sure my papers in class are perfect not my texting on coacht. You attacked me personally although you don't know anything about me (sounds like low class to me) with no facts about CAK vs. Webb except that 2 of our wins came in the early stages of your program. What about the other wins? Have you seen Ensworth lately? They are in their 6th year and are the number 1 team in the state of Tennessee with back to back state championships. Excuses again. Growing balls is coarse language now? NO that's what men have who arn't scared to play better teams. You defiantly went to or sent your kid to CAK. Once again, that has nothing to do with you not playing us this year. Nothing at all, but pretend like I'm the illogical one if that makes you feel better. Although I make the football points and you make the personal attacks. But good luck to your Warriors as you continue your undefeated season until you meet Alcoa, if you don't score 100 points then it could get ugly because that defense cant stop anyone.

And "Owned" is an inside Webb joke (for my Webb classmates out there) about someone getting their argument torn to shreds as you did sir.

Edited by Spartan4Life