CAK vs. Darlington (Rome,GA)

FootballDad

In your universe calling someone scared and telling them to grow some balls isn't personal? In sny event, if it will shut you up, I'll concede the point--Cak must be scared to play Webb since you're not aware of any other logical reason that meets your satisfaction.

Now, I must stop beating this dead horse and move on with my life, if it's even worth living now that you've owned me so completely.

In your universe calling someone scared and telling them to grow some balls isn't personal? In sny event, if it will shut you up, I'll concede the point--Cak must be scared to play Webb since you're not aware of any other logical reason that meets your satisfaction.

Now, I must stop beating this dead horse and move on with my life, if it's even worth living now that you've owned me so completely.

Lol that was actually funny. No because it was not directed at you personally. It was directed at the administration whom for some reason or another (probably having to do with no success against webb) decides to not let two teams play although we both claim to be very good teams and are only a mile apart. What...why?? If Alcoa was like CAK they wouldn't play Maryville anymore. I'm blaming it on fear of losing because surely you wouldn't kill a huge event for selfish reasons like money or an extra win against a scrub team to make the playoffs (by that logic your admitting you'd lose). If you are who you say you are Christian Academy of Knoxville that shouldn't be the reason you won't let your kids play ours. Since you still haven't given a legit reason then I am forced to believe you don't want an actual challenge outside of Alcoa.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Spartan4Life, I appreciate your spunk and school loyalty. Although I'm not sure why (after 4 weeks from the last post) this topic was brought back to life other than just pure entertainment purposes I guess. From your timeline I will assume you are college age, thus, making me a seasoned old man in comparison. While I won't try to give you any fatherly advice about how to handle yourself on a message board, I will interject just a few pieces of information that I am aware of: (1) CAK did try to schedule a series with Catholic this past time around and there was no interest (none from Farragut & Bearden either). I'm sure they all had valid reasons, none of which included "fear". (2) CAK is not afraid to play Webb, you even stated yourself that all the CAK players you know want to play. So why insult the team and those players by saying those things? The players don't make the schedule. Also, no need to throw the gate question out there because we both know that never comes into play with any of the "Cedar Bluff" schools. I'm already on record as saying that I would like to see us play Webb & Catholic every year. The reasons behind the decision not to play are certainly conscious ones, but not ones that I would post on a public board. I prefer to let the administrators and coaches iron out those things. Additionally, you know the whole Ensworth example is flawed when put into prospective of how that school approaches football financially and administratively compared to practically any other school that is just starting a program. But I will make a suggestion. IF, it is that important to you that CAK & Webb play, then suggest to the Webb administrators that the Spartans move over to D1. You will most assuredly be put in District 4 with CAK (along with Alcoa) and no matter what the reasons are CAK will be forced to play you at least once a year, and very possibly twice. Then you and I both would get to see a game we would both like to see each year. I have much respect for Coach Meske and what he has and continues to accomplish at Webb. I also have much respect for the program and tradition at Catholic. It doesn't escape me that a few supporters of both schools like to take some shots at "little brother" from time to time, but thats OK by me. I'm just glad you have noticed us. We all get enough shots taken at us from time to time by some of the publics, I just don't see the need for us to take additional shots at each other. Good luck to your Spartans the rest of the way. I hope you win another Gold Ball because that is just more good exposure for E.TN (and Cedar Bluff) football. thumb[1].gif

Spartan4Life, I appreciate your spunk and school loyalty. Although I'm not sure why (after 4 weeks from the last post) this topic was brought back to life other than just pure entertainment purposes I guess. From your timeline I will assume you are college age, thus, making me a seasoned old man in comparison. While I won't try to give you any fatherly advice about how to handle yourself on a message board, I will interject just a few pieces of information that I am aware of: (1) CAK did try to schedule a series with Catholic this past time around and there was no interest (none from Farragut & Bearden either). I'm sure they all had valid reasons, none of which included "fear". (2) CAK is not afraid to play Webb, you even stated yourself that all the CAK players you know want to play. So why insult the team and those players by saying those things? The players don't make the schedule. Also, no need to throw the gate question out there because we both know that never comes into play with any of the "Cedar Bluff" schools. I'm already on record as saying that I would like to see us play Webb & Catholic every year. The reasons behind the decision not to play are certainly conscious ones, but not ones that I would post on a public board. I prefer to let the administrators and coaches iron out those things. Additionally, you know the whole Ensworth example is flawed when put into prospective of how that school approaches football financially and administratively compared to practically any other school that is just starting a program. But I will make a suggestion. IF, it is that important to you that CAK & Webb play, then suggest to the Webb administrators that the Spartans move over to D1. You will most assuredly be put in District 4 with CAK (along with Alcoa) and no matter what the reasons are CAK will be forced to play you at least once a year, and very possibly twice. Then you and I both would get to see a game we would both like to see each year. I have much respect for Coach Meske and what he has and continues to accomplish at Webb. I also have much respect for the program and tradition at Catholic. It doesn't escape me that a few supporters of both schools like to take some shots at "little brother" from time to time, but thats OK by me. I'm just glad you have noticed us. We all get enough shots taken at us from time to time by some of the publics, I just don't see the need for us to take additional shots at each other. Good luck to your Spartans the rest of the way. I hope you win another Gold Ball because that is just more good exposure for E.TN (and Cedar Bluff) football. thumb[1].gif

Finally a CAK poster who makes actual points!! Much respect for your post. I have wanted to play in Division I since i was a freshman at Webb, I don't think it is possible though because of the scholarships (which are non-athletic) but some players on the team are on some type of scholarship not for football but they happen to be on the team. In a perfect world Webb would play in 3A and whoever came out of the east would win state every year. We have the same problem no one in Knoxville will play us so its frustrating that a school of similar size who is right next door wont play. Now we have to go out of state and play Maryvilles and Ensworths just to complete our schedule. Just want Knoxville schools to play us. That's all.

Here is a summary of the last decade at webb.

Finally a CAK poster who makes actual points!! Much respect for your post. I have wanted to play in Division I since i was a freshman at Webb, I don't think it is possible though because of the scholarships (which are non-athletic) but some players on the team are on some type of scholarship not for football but they happen to be on the team. In a perfect world Webb would play in 3A and whoever came out of the east would win state every year. We have the same problem no one in Knoxville will play us so its frustrating that a school of similar size who is right next door wont play. Now we have to go out of state and play Maryvilles and Ensworths just to complete our schedule. Just want Knoxville schools to play us. That's all.

Regardless of what you try to say, Spartan, the reason for not playing is simple. Webb is D2, CAK is D1. There is no doubt in my mind that a good percentage of Webb players pay their own way to the school or have earned their schollys because of their test scores, as you stated you did. But for every one like you, there is one like a John Inman from the early 2000's who was an absolute beast, who had his way to the school paid for because of his athletic prowess. Now, I would never name a current student by name, but I have seen the situations for a few of the familes that send their kids to Webb, including one of the "stars" of this year's team. I would be shocked to know that they could afford to pay their whole way to Webb without the scholarship aid. The difference between Webb and CAK, and what I would imagine has played a large part in the W/L between the schools over the years is that if a John Inman wanted to attend CAK, he would not have been able to because of the scholarship need.

Regardless of what you try to say, Spartan, the reason for not playing is simple. Webb is D2, CAK is D1. There is no doubt in my mind that a good percentage of Webb players pay their own way to the school or have earned their schollys because of their test scores, as you stated you did. But for every one like you, there is one like a John Inman from the early 2000's who was an absolute beast, who had his way to the school paid for because of his athletic prowess. Now, I would never name a current student by name, but I have seen the situations for a few of the familes that send their kids to Webb, including one of the "stars" of this year's team. I would be shocked to know that they could afford to pay their whole way to Webb without the scholarship aid. The difference between Webb and CAK, and what I would imagine has played a large part in the W/L between the schools over the years is that if a John Inman wanted to attend CAK, he would not have been able to because of the scholarship need.

If Webb really recruited like you think we did we would be the Ensworth of Knoxville, We'd have the best players in Knoxvile every year and no one would even be close to us. Unfortunately we don't value our football program as much as an Ensworth and most of the players on the team are not on scholarship. Webb has always won on discipline and technique rather than athleticism. By you making such an opinion your saying that D2 is hands down better than D1 football teams and that team such as Alcoa don't recruit, which we both know is false. Regardless I think you guys have a lot to gain by playing us, if for the sole reason to get better by playing higher competition. But to each his own.

Alcoa don't recruit, which we both know is false.

Everyear someone states Alcoa recruits. TSSAA gets calls all the time about Alcoa and Maryville.

As always TSSAA finds NO infraction. Just false accusations spewed by people like YOU that are jealous and mad that YOUR team can not compete with a superior team.

It will be interesting if Webb renews the contract and faces Alcoa and Maryville again. My guess, no. Why.......maybe they are "too scared "

Edited by BCsportsfan

Everyear someone states Alcoa recruits. TSSAA gets calls all the time about Alcoa and Maryville.

As always TSSAA finds NO infraction. Just false accusations spewed by people like YOU that are jealous and mad that YOUR team can not compete with a superior team.

It will be interesting if Webb renews the contract and faces Alcoa and Maryville again. My guess, no. Why.......maybe they are "too scared "

We are not jealous of alcoa. WE actually did compete very well with your Tornadoes and if our Webb team had the depth we did in the past that game would have been even scarier for you. So a 14-7 game isn't competing? How can you say webb can't compete when we have competed better than any school you have played all year (minus maryville)?? And all your talent in Alcoa wasn't born and raised there, I dont care if you recruit or not because talent wise Webb was right there with alcoa, simply just didnt have the numbers. That was all to make a point to the CAK poster anyways. Webb has never run from any opponent, the only thing that would keep us from renewing our contract is if the numbers on our team continue to decline like that have every year (for the past 4 years) for some strange reason.