Anna Hammaker and Cheyenne Hooper back at CAK

fan1112

You're right HoopMD. If they live in TN they can't play for an Ohio team in any NCAA sanctioned viewing events. They can play for any team in KY,VA,NC,GA,AL,MS,AR and MO. I would like to watch them play, so keep this board posted on where they play travel ball. Thanks.

Edited by wbbwatcher

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've read the posts in this thread, but I still don't understand the story behind these two girls. How did they end up back at CAK and why did they leave? (or just Hammaker leave?).

It seems Hammaker was there in middle school and played while in 8th grade, for some unknown reason left to a WV school, won a state championship, then got "recruited" back to CAK where she already presumably spent 8-10 years already?

Did these two girls know each other and play on the same team in WV?

Aren't there better programs around that Cheyenne could have went to other than a fledgling CAK squad with almost no history in the sport at all?

Doesn't really make sense this would be the place to go if her dream is college ball on a top D1 girls basketball scholarship?...and I know student athletes don't generally seek out the most rigorous academic course loads they can find....so the 'recruiting' angle makes zero sense to me, but I would like to know the known facts behind the story of what happened.

Does seem rather fortunate we got both players at the same time and they looked awesome last night. Thanks in advance.

Edited by BRPro

A friend was at last nights game and said the Hooper girl controlled the game. He also mentioned the starting lineup had 3 sophomores and 1 freshman. My question is what class is the other starter in this year? It really sounds like they will be in state tournament for a while.

I'd say she was a sophomore. Last night's starters were announced as 4 sophomores and 1 freshman.

The other starter is a junior, Their other point guard is a sophomore also. She has been sidelined with a knee injury for most of the season. They will return everyone except the lone senior who puts in great minutes off the bench. They should be stronger next year. BrPro.... Hammaker, Hooper and Nayler played AAU ball together since they were 8 years old. The played for Knoxville Lady Pride under Coach Mike Capps. Capps has turned out some of this areas best high school players. Too many to count. Hamaker has been at the school since elementary and Hooper since the 7th grade. Neither has been recruited. Hooper went to CAK to play with her Lady Pride teammates.

Edited by EBTHER