Dresden @ McKenzie

lionfbfan

I hope we don't drop WV but it's time the Chargers came to Dresden to play. As far far as the game Friday I expect nothing but a hard fought game from the Rebels but I still think Dresden wins in a close one. I know we have two starters hurt but guys are stepping up and playing well. The Hutcherson kid throws a pretty ball and honestly I think he is a better passer and it's clear we don't need him to be a runner.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always heard the scorboard determined who wins the game but it could be different in Martin. Nobody claimed that we are awesome, that I'm aware of . Whether Dresden should've won or not is irrelivent they managed to get the win with kids that are less atheletic, slower, smaller and unsportsmanlike (or so people like to say). The rumor I heard was the View was dropping Dresden but I haven't heard it from anyone that would actually know. Matter of fact I think it was a Trenton person who mentioned it at the jamboree. Guess we can worry about that next year. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year......

Don't let 'em get you down. Dresden is a tough and class opponent. I'll never hold one incident against an entire team/program. Neither will any others that know the whole story. Some sleeping dogs need to be left alone. I welcome the Rebels vs. Lions matchup personally. If nothing else it takes some attention off of the Huntingdon game on our schedule. LOL Rebs/Lions has become a good rivalry. Lets's keep it that way and have fun with it.

I heard from a Westview fan that THEY were planning to drop Dresden. Rumors are rumors........haven't heard it straight from the coaches or the administration. Really don't care if we do or don't continue playing Westview. Win or lose, the fans will never admit that Dresden was the better team (excuse after excuse) or they'll just brag about their JV team beating us. That would be like us saying our highschool team isn't much but you should see our pee-wee team.

I hope we don't drop WV but it's time the Chargers came to Dresden to play. As far far as the game Friday I expect nothing but a hard fought game from the Rebels but I still think Dresden wins in a close one. I know we have two starters hurt but guys are stepping up and playing well. The Hutcherson kid throws a pretty ball and honestly I think he is a better passer and it's clear we don't need him to be a runner.

Are you telling me that WV insists on playing at UTM??? I wouldn't stand for that. It should be home and home all the way. WV plays all their home games at UTM so that is not a neutral site. Sure it's a nice stadium but..........it ain't home to the Lions.

I heard from a Westview fan that THEY were planning to drop Dresden. Rumors are rumors........haven't heard it straight from the coaches or the administration. Really don't care if we do or don't continue playing Westview. Win or lose, the fans will never admit that Dresden was the better team (excuse after excuse) or they'll just brag about their JV team beating us. That would be like us saying our highschool team isn't much but you should see our pee-wee team.

lol I tell you what I cant say for all the huntingdon fans but if you beat them I'll give you props and eat my crow.

Duckman, I hear there are alot of improvements planned for the football field. Not sure what all it involves but you've made some good points.

Thanks and throw in a heads up to the powers that be about it. Rebel stadium doesn't even feature a hill and you can basically drive right to your seat. It's all about "fan friendly" since they do pay the bills.

You can't expect Westview to admit that they aren't God's team lol to hear some Charger fans talk you would think they have 10 state championship banners for football hanging in their gym. Last time I was there I didn't see any.

I think all teams got fans like that,just ignore them. What is worse is when people can't see except what they wanna see even if it is wrong. They are good most years but have been not showing up till half season last few years might be because they play a hard schedule but dont need to be big headed either way.