Dresden @ McKenzie

lionfbfan

Thanks for the well wishes...I gave you guys a compliment...an L is an L for us---the Dresden dropping WV "rumor" was started by a coach, because your coach said they are losing a lot of athletes and don't know if they'll be able to compete. we don't count JV games as "actual" games....You are correct in your assessment of less athletic and all of that, but you still won and should be proud. Good luck against the Rebels, but IMHO--they are really a more "balanced" team who made mistakes against us. Whoever wins that game makes the playoffs, they will be ready at home for you---and they are probably still stinging from last years' playoff loss.

Yea...It's A 35 to 0 Stinging...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanatic I just get touchy when Dresden gets blasted for being no different than any other team we play, as it comes to sportsmanship and the other stuff. Westview is really in a bad spot playing Dresden because they are supposed to beat us, being a larger school and all. I enjoy the game but didn't like losing the play makers that we lost. Although, I believe, if they were going to get hurt it doesn't matter who we were playing. The only thing I would change about the game is rotating it from Dresden to UTM just because UTM is the View's home field.

No doubt the Reb's will be ready for the Lions and both teams could still make the play-offs if they play like they are capable of. This will probably mean home field for the winning team.

Think having parking and concessions on the visitors side of the field is an excellent idea and I think the Rotary club could make more money if they did have it. I'll bring it up at the next QB club meeting. Parking could get tough, though. Don't know the best way to get to the visitor's side. Maybe from the cut through road across from the county shop.

Fanatic I just get touchy when Dresden gets blasted for being no different than any other team we play, as it comes to sportsmanship and the other stuff. Westview is really in a bad spot playing Dresden because they are supposed to beat us, being a larger school and all. I enjoy the game but didn't like losing the play makers that we lost. Although, I believe, if they were going to get hurt it doesn't matter who we were playing. The only thing I would change about the game is rotating it from Dresden to UTM just because UTM is the View's home field.

No doubt the Reb's will be ready for the Lions and both teams could still make the play-offs if they play like they are capable of. This will probably mean home field for the winning team.

Think having parking and concessions on the visitors side of the field is an excellent idea and I think the Rotary club could make more money if they did have it. I'll bring it up at the next QB club meeting. Parking could get tough, though. Don't know the best way to get to the visitor's side. Maybe from the cut through road across from the county shop.

Either Parking Or A Oxygen Station In Between!...Dand Hosers...We Don't Wanna Tour Dresden To Get To Our Seats...

Either Parking Or A Oxygen Station In Between!...Dand Hosers...We Don't Wanna Tour Dresden To Get To Our Seats...

I agree there should be concessions on the visitor's side, but visitor parking would be hard to do. There is a pretty good sized ditch sitting right behind the stands so not sure how they would go about that. The powers that be need to figure something out so people won't have to park on the highway to watch their Lions play.

I agree there should be concessions on the visitor's side, but visitor parking would be hard to do. There is a pretty good sized ditch sitting right behind the stands so not sure how they would go about that. The powers that be need to figure something out so people won't have to park on the highway to watch their Lions play.

lol....The Smoke From the BBQ And The Hog Pen..Just Don't Seem To Gel For Atmosphere...And Lions Fans Are Good People.

Ditches were made to be crossed with bridges or culverts. Put the ticket gate at that spot and kill two birds with one stone. I believe it would be a huge improvement effective almost immediately!! Just my $.02. I hve no doubt that Dresden is putting together a class facility for football and this would be a heck of a good start. The best time to do these things is when you are flying high and the Lions are doing that now.

When the visitors side now at Rebel Field was the home side (about 3 years ago) and we built the new stands it almost irritated me that I could no longer park right behind my seat with all the tailgaiting directly behind the stands. I'm kinda over that now but........it was nice.

Hey, throw in a skunk for good measure and we got it all!

Hold off on the skunk for now 'till the visitor parking lot/concessions is worked out and then we'll talk about the skunk. Roast skunk is pretty good from a slow cooker with carrots, potatoes, onions and a bell peppers but cleaning 'em is a REAL MAN'S job!!!!

Also the lack of parking spots probably has something to do with why we played at UTM both years.

Actually, it was Coach Hewitt that made that final call to play both games at UT-Martin. There was a "rift" between the QB Club and the Booster Club? and flat out said they would play both games at UT-Martin---1st year - Westview gets the gate, 2nd year---Dresden gets the gate..the concessions don't go to Westview at any game. That is on contract through the university. Next year, it should be at Dresden. It is my understanding that Coach Hodge is supposed to let us know at the end of the season, if he wants to schedule us for another two years. I hope the game continues....we play anybody and everybody generally. If Dresden comes off, most likely---Trenton will go on. Even though we've lost the last couple of years, we would understand if Coach Hodge makes that move. Keeping our fingers crossed--he'll commit to 2 more years for the good of the community!