Franklin Centennial

WitchDoctor

This article has a lot more information...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121024/WILLIAMSON04/310240100/Centennial-High-principal-quits-over-sexual-misconduct-claims?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I agree that his actual actions are not funny, but I do find it hilarious that he had the nerve to get on here with that novel about how noble his school was just a few weeks before all of this hit the press.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article has a lot more information...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121024/WILLIAMSON04/310240100/Centennial-High-principal-quits-over-sexual-misconduct-claims?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I agree that his actual actions are not funny, but I do find it hilarious that he had the nerve to get on here with that novel about how noble his school was just a few weeks before all of this hit the press.

They say Karmas a bit*h

I know for some of you it is a lot of fun to kick people when they are down but let's remember that we are talking about someone's life here. This isn't a game and it isn't funny. Let's also remember that in this country an accusation doesn't make you guilty of anything. At least it shouldn't. I don't know the actual facts around this case but apparently they weren't enough to warrant a criminal investigation... http://www.franklinhomepage.com/sherrifs-office-will-not-open-investigation-on-brown-cms-9857

Let's also remember that in this country an accusation doesn't make you guilty of anything. At least it shouldn't. I don't know the actual facts around this case but apparently they weren't enough to warrant a criminal investigation... http://www.franklinh...-brown-cms-9857

I wouldn't resign my position as Principal if I were innocent.

It actually has been proven. They have dozens of emails and recorded phone conversations. The only reason there is no criminal investigation is because of statutes of limitation.

Here is a link to an article expanding on MyHumbleOpinion's statement... http://www.tennessea...nnial-principal

I think it's important to wait until facts are presented before judging someone. That was my position and, based on the information that had been released at that time, I felt it was important to communcate that. If you or anyone you know has been falsely accused of something you didn't do you would understand how quickly things can spiral downward when they shouldn't.

With that said, if these reports are in fact true this man is not only a hypocrite but he's also a predator and should be dealt with harshly. Very sad and and very disgusting!

Edited by WilcoTNSports

I know we love to jump on someone when they hid behind a front of character and made an assumed horrible mistake, check that a crime. If he did, he should be hanged. I do agree a person in this country is innocent until proven guilty. So we should withhold our opinion until that time as hard as it may be or as bad as it looks.

Having said that, remember, trashing the entire school over one or two bad people is like trashing our country because of a bad President. There is a great student body filled with with wonder young men and women. No, I am not staff, just a parent of two kids who attend Centennial. Everyone is sick but, like other great programs, it will rise above this too. We cannot hold kids responsible nor should we make them suffer for the actions of an adult. This would be like saying anyone who is Catholic should be held responsible for the actions of many bad priests and the kids are bad too.

This site is about football. We as adults should rise above and recognize the hard work of the players and the coaches of the Centennial football team. We should also recognize that our team as not had any arrests or serious actions that would reflect badly on the team. So instead of being like the rest of humanity, I would ask that you accept my apology for Brown's, self-righteous attitude in his letter and recognize that many of the things he said reflective of the school are true. I ask that we don't beat the young men playing and support the coaching staff that very well may be carrying the heart of the school on their shoulders going into this last game and the playoffs. So I wish your team the best and I hope you do ours.

It was never my intention to trash the school. I'm fully aware that the current Centennial students/players had absolutely nothing to do with Brown's actions 10+ years ago. I didn't even intend for it to get turned into a huge discussion, I just thought it was ironic and slightly funny. And for the record.. it HAS been proven, and he IS guilty. I have literally heard the phone conversations that were recorded and they are disgusting. The school will be better off without him. Now we can get back to football talk.

I agree, this is totally not the place to discuss this and probably should be closed down. With that being said, I dont see anything in the guys posting here other than a guy working to improve the school. I dont see any arrogance or selfrighteousness. As far as the case, there is no case. While he may have made some mistakes, what I read into it is a husband with a wife that wont stay home, so he goes after the other guy. Those recording I've heard on the news sound pretty scripted with strange pauses and weird conversations. In the end, the guy is gone.

Back to football, didnt Centennial beat Franklin about 6 weeks ago? Congrats. It shows more about at least one of the Franklin fans to drag this up to contrinue to disparage a school and use a horrible sitiation to do it.