Central Chargers vs Polk Co. Wildcats - Thursday Game

5chargerfans

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So have you seen either ND or CC play? I didn't catch your answer.

*By the way, it is Your, not Yoiur.... but I'll let it slide this time.

So have you seen either ND or CC play? I didn't catch your answer.

*By the way, it is Your, not Yoiur.... but I'll let it slide this time.

When you type at the speed of light you'll have typos. Improper English is another thing.

I thought I made it clear that I hadn't seen Chatt. Central or ND play. A friend of mine watched Polk Co. scrimmage ND and he said ND was terrible, if that helps you. Based on another friend who saw Chatt. Central scrimmage I suspect the Purple Pounders are just as bad. But this isn't really about ND or Chatt. Central.....it's about Polk Co. and McMinn Central. By the way, have you seen the Chargers play this year?

You won't get me to put Polk County down. Coach Davis is a good coach who's built a solid program against District 5 competition. No one else in the District has really been close in competing against the Wildcats the past few years. However, regardless of how well one coaches, they MUST HAVE some experience and talent. McMinn Central finally has the experience and talent to compete with the experience and talent Polk has this season. I doubt either team will advance past the first round of the TSSAA playoffs, but I think both teams will make it to the playoffs.

Should be a good, hard-hitting game Thursday night. I'm just happy for the Chargers to have a chance this season to even entertain the thought they can beat Polk Co.

Notre Dame is terrible! Who cares who played who this early? Bradley could have hung 50+ on Polk if they wanted to in the 2nd half and McMinn could have hung 50+ if not for a sluggish 1st half. If central shows up ready to crack some heads for 4 quarters they'll have a chance... If not, they won't

Well stated....except the sluggishness of McMinn County the first half was a direct result of being made to look sluggish by McMinn Central's better play !

Edited by blitzinbuc

This ^ ^ ^ ^ . exactly!

I do disagree with the fact that McMinn could have put 50+ of Central if not for a sluggish start. Ask around, even the coaches at McMinn have stated that if Central had not been so worn from kids going both ways that this game could have been much different. McMinn struggled because of what Central was doing. You don't just stop 2 of the top running backs in the area for a half with a line leading them that is the biggest and most veterened that Central will see all year. They were not sluggish, just outplayed. Again I have no clue how Thursday will go down, but truth is Central showed against a solid team that they can compete. MCentral also scrimmaged Bradley, and I might add, without their starting RB. Bradley could not stop the run game that MC was bringing at them. I know this stuff means nothing for Thursday, I just wanted to state some true facts to defend the honor of this program. Remember McMinn also beat McCallie who traditionally is a strong program.

I do disagree with the fact that McMinn could have put 50+ of Central if not for a sluggish start. Ask around, even the coaches at McMinn have stated that if Central had not been so worn from kids going both ways that this game could have been much different. McMinn struggled because of what Central was doing. You don't just stop 2 of the top running backs in the area for a half with a line leading them that is the biggest and most veterened that Central will see all year. They were not sluggish, just outplayed. Again I have no clue how Thursday will go down, but truth is Central showed against a solid team that they can compete. MCentral also scrimmaged Bradley, and I might add, without their starting RB. Bradley could not stop the run game that MC was bringing at them. I know this stuff means nothing for Thursday, I just wanted to state some true facts to defend the honor of this program. Remember McMinn also beat McCallie who traditionally is a strong program.

As a McMinn County fan (primarily) who was there at the McMinn County/McMinn Central game wearing my black & gold, I can vouch for everything you just stated. Central was better prepared, hungrier, and more physical than McMinn the first half. Someone had mentioned turnovers earlier in this thread, and I can assure you that the Cherokees turnovers the first half against the Chargers were the result of getting their bell rung from some vicioius hits. McMinn's Coach Bo Cagle echoed as much in the newspaper writeup. Depth issues were the difference in this game the second half.

Everyone knows Polk County plays physical, but McMinn Central can too this season. Wish I could be there to watch this game since I like both programs, but I have season tickets at McMinn County and need to be there to cheer on the Cherokees against those pesky Golden Eagles from Rhea County.

Dang B Buc..... We are gonna have to find you some Central Blue if you keep talking up the Chargers! icon_e_wink.gifthumb[1].gif Good luck to the Cherokees this week!

You know me, I shoot it straight and give credit where it's due regardless of what team it is. Our friends from Polk County tend to think at times that physical play was invented in their county, thus they needed a little "correcting" about the McMinn Co./McMinn Central game.

BTW, rumor has it that I was once spotted in Murfreesboro and Knoxville wearing that ghastly blue. Praise God there aren't any pictures to prove it! icon_e_biggrin.gif

You know me, I shoot it straight and give credit where it's due regardless of what team it is. Our friends from Polk County tend to think at times that physical play was invented in their county, thus they needed a little "correcting" about the McMinn Co./McMinn Central game.

BTW, rumor has it that I was once spotted in Murfreesboro and Knoxville wearing that ghastly blue. Praise God there aren't any pictures to prove it! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Buc, I know that blue would look good on you!

Buc, I know that blue would look good on you!

My son - and your friend - might look good in it, but that's because he has to wear it to keep peace at home and from being thrown out of Liberty Hill Church. LOL

Wishing McMinn Central much success tomorrow night, and praying for a safe, injury-free game for both the Wildcats and Chargers!

My son - and your friend - might look good in it, but that's because he has to wear it to keep peace at home and from being thrown out of Liberty Hill Church. LOL

Wishing McMinn Central much success tomorrow night, and praying for a safe, injury-free game for both the Wildcats and Chargers!

Thank you for your post buc. Just trying to get over the Polk Co. hump. Good Luck to County as well.