Dobyns Bennett @ Sullivan South

BatmanDB

Well hello DB faithful. Let me first congratulate you on your first two dominating wins. Looks like the team is playing with purpose and has undeniable talent. I honestly believe you will see Maryville this year in the playoffs, and I will go to that game unless South is still playing. As far as a game prediction, while hopeful we can pull an upset, I see DB as a big favorite.

Now since this may be the last match up, I would like to get some insight from the DB faithful. I did a little digging due to sheer curiousity and found some historical statistics from various websites.

- The series began, I believe, with the 1980-1981 school year.

- looking at the enrollment numbers from the two schools, from 1988-1993 South hovered between 1300-1400 students while DB was around 1550-1600. (I used 1993 for reference as that was the last time the Rebs defeated the Tribe ouch!)

- Current Enrollment (estimated, please correct with updated info), South a little over 900 and DB close to 2100?

- Tribes all-time record vs South 25-5.

- Through the first 14 games DB held a 9-5 advantage, most games were competitive.

I realize statistics can be misleading and my homerism chose these stats. Honestly, from a DB fans point of view... what has been the biggest reason for DB's two decade long dominance? Is it superior coaching, superior athletes, sheer numbers, better facilities or some combo of all or other factors?

It plain and simple it is numbers!! DB beats all the little schools and then get out coached and face more teams with equal and better talent in the playoffs end of story. Who knows this might be there year I hope they do good down the road.

Edited by kr1416

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It plain and simple it is numbers!! DB beats all the little schools and then get out coached and face more teams with equal and better talent in the playoffs end of story. Who knows this might be there year I hope they do good down the road.

I could punch alot of holes in your "numbers" theory. Like beating Sevier Co. in reg. season then losing to them in the playoffs. Same team, same talent. Just as one example. Yeah, we got out coached in the playoff game but not in the reg. season game. Plain and simple its a "playoff thing".

I hope your right on the last part.DB is long overdue for a great run in the playoffs.First things first,a little school with blue has to be dealt with this week.I wonder where all their fans are at.I'd like to know how the deuce is doing and if he is still playing college ball.

I hope your right on the last part.DB is long overdue for a great run in the playoffs.First things first,a little school with blue has to be dealt with this week.I wonder where all their fans are at.I'd like to know how the deuce is doing and if he is still playing college ball.

At last report, he was in the Army and doing well.

Thank goodness this is it for this series...we are down to this...No Rebels except Crawdad making a whisper post and I missed the bus on why Batman is getting jumped on....I have no idea what the heck all that crap is about. In the famous words of the late Rodney King "can't we all just get along?"

I heard that Malik Foreman ran a 4.3 40 at a 1 day Virginia Tech camp....3 times in a row. By the 3rd time, Beamer and the entire coaching staff was watching. Get this, he only took cleats and they were inside, so he wore his dads size 13 cross trainers and Malik wears an 11. That cat is fast.

Roll Tribe

Edited by ArtVandalay

Thank goodness this is it for this series...we are down to this...No Rebels except Crawdad making a whisper post and I missed the bus on why Batman is getting jumped on....I have no idea what the heck all that crap is about. In the famous words of the late Rodney King "can't we all just get along?"

I heard that Malik Foreman ran a 4.3 40 at a 1 day Virginia Tech camp....3 times in a row. By the 3rd time, Beamer and the entire coaching staff was watching. Get this, he only took cleats and they were inside, so he wore his dads size 13 cross trainers and Malik wears an 11. That cat is fast.

Roll Tribe

Who's jumping on Batman? I read two pages back and I don't see anything. That must of been the short bus you missed.

I heard Forman ran a 4.3 wearing flip flops. Thats what I heard.

Seriously though, looked like a 4.2 on that punt return against Farragut. He's so fast he makes everybody else look "not fast"

Roll Tribe

The main thing is beating South this week.A lot of the other stuff goes way back and doesn't matter come thursday night anyway.Malik is flat out fast !! I hope he get's in the open on thursday Edited by BatmanDB

Who's jumping on Batman? I read two pages back and I don't see anything. That must of been the short bus you missed.

I heard Forman ran a 4.3 wearing flip flops. Thats what I heard.

Seriously though, looked like a 4.2 on that punt return against Farragut. He's so fast he makes everybody else look "not fast"

WaCo - I am so old we used to call the short bus the Channel 2 Bus. And I would bet the farm the VT Camp happened just like i said.

We need the Southers to have some fun.

Roll Tribe Roll

WaCo - I am so old we used to call the short bus the Channel 2 Bus. And I would bet the farm the VT Camp happened just like i said.

We need the Southers to have some fun.

Roll Tribe Roll

Mr. Haynie must have alot of power over the Southers. He issued that gag order last year and we haven't heard as much as a peep out of them. They didn't even send their goon squad to the Clinton game on their off week. To far to drive a rusty 4x4 with giant rebel flags hanging off the back I guess.