Westview vs. Obion County Central

Rellim51

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview is young but not as young as everyone thinks. They have some experience in key positions on both sides of the ball. Westview will win 28-7.

We are as young as everybody thinks too....we have some guys with playing time in the defensive backfield. Our LB's looked a whole lot better this week against McKenzie, they really stuffed the run this weekend. I'm going with us of course, but it'll be a touchdown or less. Our QB's have to start connecting and our receivers have to start catching the ball and running their routes out. Should be another good game that could go either way.

I like the Rebels in this game in some ways. Their offense is coming around. Berner has a good arm for a 10th grader. Cut down on the mistakes and the Rebels win. Only one thing, the running game has to open up behind all of those big linemen. The passing game is there and getting better but to win, you can run the ball and pass very little, your can just straight run the ball or run and pass. But you can't win by running the ball for very little yards and gaining most yards by passing. Passing gives the opportunities for picks-6's and with a young Q B, that happened 3 times against Ripley. Westview wins in the coaching as I think Cody is one of the best. He just has a tough district and pass Milan...Morris camp. The Rebels defense has to get better. Their offense isn't good enough to be in a scoring match. So I feel like this....Passing game - Rebels, Running Game - Westview, Coaching- Westview, Defense - Westview, Special Teams, Obion County. Westview wins by 10 points in a close game throught.

I think WV is a year away from really fielding a very competitive team and you will see more comments from that fan base. They have some very talented freshmen and sophomore linemen that should mature into a very stout team. The question that remains is, how will the QB and RB talent pan out. Of course if you create big gaps maybe you don't need someone to be that nifty.