CAK vs Stone Memorial

FootballDad

CAK has posted big numbers offensively in each of its first 2 games but has struggled to keep opposing offensives from piling up big numbers as well. Now the Warriors will have to recompose themselves after losing their big play maker J.Smith to a broken collar bone. After he went out last year at LaVergn the team look lost, but then recovered the following week to beat Alcoa without him. Saturday the team looked sloppy and turned the ball over 4 times after Smith departed due to injury. How will they respond this week against Stone Memorial?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say that this Polk Co fan respects the heck out of CAK's program, fans, coaches, players, etc. The things that they have done on and especially off the field are to be commended and really shows that this program is built on the values that it's name implies.

A general question to the knowledgeable CAK fans - - With the threat of rain in the forecast, it got Charlie thinking, has CAK ever had to run that offense in a real sloppy downpour? Not just a drizzle, but a real mess? It looks like any rain this week will be limited, but I was just curious.

First let me say that this Polk Co fan respects the heck out of CAK's program, fans, coaches, players, etc. The things that they have done on and especially off the field are to be commended and really shows that this program is built on the values that it's name implies.A general question to the knowledgeable CAK fans - - With the threat of rain in the forecast, it got Charlie thinking, has CAK ever had to run that offense in a real sloppy downpour? Not just a drizzle, but a real mess? It looks like any rain this week will be limited, but I was just curious.
First of all thanks for those very kind words CM. I know that many of us CAK fans have a mutual respect for Polk County. I love to see the support that your community gives your school, your coach and your boys thumb[1].gif. Your football program reflects dedication, hard work, toughness and teamwork and that is always something to be proud of regardless of win/loss records. Of course Polk typically has a whole lot more W's than L's.As far as your question about CAK running our offense in a real sloppy down pour I recall a couple of games right off the bat. In 2008 CAK played in a muddy mess at Gatlinburg Pittman in the first round of the playoffs and won 25-14. You could barely stand up in the second half due to the mud. CAK still passed the ball but also mixed in some runs. Of course the offense wasn't as effective as normal but it was good enough to win. Then in 2009 CAK beat Loudon on a very wet, muddy & rainy night 24-0. The water was standing deep enough in a couple of places on the sidelines that a fella could have almost drown if he was at the bottom of the pile. CAK successfully passed the ball. Then of course last year CAK beat Alcoa 24-14 the last game of the regular season on a wet, slippery field but it wasn't an absolute muddy mess. Surprisingly CAK did their damage on the ground that night. I don't think bad weather is a friend for CAK's pass happy offense, but I have been amazed at how effective it can still be even under bad weather conditions. Of course Coach Bradley has about 20+ game balls on hand for every game and if there is even a hint of rain he has the ball dryers and dozens of towels ready to go icon_mrgreen.gif Edited by FootballDad

Cak wins no problem!! They will just put up to many points for Polk county to hang around to long! Wish both teams the best of luck I just see cak being able to move the ball and score to easy!! I think there d is very questionable so far but it should not matter much for must teams they play because there offense is so dangerous!

popcorneater.gif

Sorry BC, I will have to defer to GVK and others for details. I missed this game. I was getting text on the scores and that was about it. Best I could tell is that CAK sat several starters to let them heal a bit (of course J.Smith will be out quite a while longer with the broken collar bone) and struggled defensively to stop Stone. I think the offense adjusted and did OK without #25 but obviously missed him on D, I think the stats showed CAK with app. 450 yards passing again...but they gave up a lot of yards and points on defense.

so are you saying that J. smith would have been the difference on D against rush offense. What def. starters were out or just offensive guys. What was score at half. first 2 games were not close at half i don't think.

No, sorry about making it sound like that. What J.Smith would have done was most likely prevent those long runs and any deep passes. His speed makes a huge difference. I wasn't at this game, but his speed at coming up and stopping the sweep has been displayed on numerous occasions. So what J.Smith would have done is "slowed" down Stone, not completely stop them. The MLB was out, one OLB was out, and we were 2 D tackles short. Hope that clarifies my point about J. Smith on defense.