brighton vs covington

cantstopthatCP

#1 Watson cant throw if he is on his back.

#2 Covington coaching staff is very predicatble in clutch situations the will go with the run.

#3 Heard Williams has a pro carreer in baseball waiting. That explains the reason they moved him to WR. I guess at Covington players dictate where they play. Granted if by some chance covington throws the ball we all know who is getting it. advantage any team that plays lil ole covington.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos is the most dangerous receiver for Covington, but he is not the only receiver on the squad. Several others have made key catches in the first 3 games this year.

But, let's not kid around. Covington is going to live or die with the run game. If we can run the ball on Brighton, then we will beat them. If Brighton can stop our runs, then the Chargers are going to have a tough time winning, even with Carlos at receiver.

New AP statewide coaches poll has Covington number 2.

By the way, C-town still has 3 RB's, and Williams is not the only WR that has caught passes this year. Williams is also a DB, safety I believe. His speed pays off there. I don't know how many interceptions he's had this year, but it's alot.

Why does Brighton always schedule smaller teams? Like Raliegh Egypt and George Washington Carver. I understand why they schedule Covington and Munford but I wonder why no teams from larger divisions? It's always puzzled me. Covington only plays smaller schools because they are in their division and one team in particular is very good (Milan). Wouldn't it serve them better to play larger schools when it comes playoff time?

Glad you can count to three!! I was getting worried about the intelligence level I was dealing with. But your right Watson cant throw if he is on his back. heck what QB can?? Clutch situations Covington runs well that maybe true since it has worked for the most part of going on three years and for about ten years in a row when they were 3A. Last I checked they did have a 2000 yard rusher in the backfield as well as All-State RB and pre-season all state this year as well. So more than likely not a bad option in clutch situations.

And yes if they throw it, it will more likely be to Mr. Williams. so someone still has to cover him. And the Comment of players dictate where they want to play lol!!! Yea I guess at Covington they just let them do what they want,and practice when they want. Its just been by an act of God that they have been able to win any games the last few seasons what a fortunate staff. Last I checked Brian Beaubin is not their for a reason. You maybe the dumbest person I know or just trying to stirr the pot. Because if you really think that Coach Wheeler and his staff just bow down to the kids and let them run the ship you need to check your self in at Bolivar my friend.

Again the game will be close and it will come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes in critical situations. Like every close game, Comes down to minor things that get magnified. CoachDearl if you have a hard time reading the post because of your reading level or lack there of, next time I will insert pictures. I'm sure thats what your use to!! Good day my friend

I do not understand why you attack me personally? I am merely stating my EDUCATED opinion. NONE of my post were direccted towards you Mr. Lincoln and I consider it highly inmature. I must be dealing with a MORON that obviously doesn't know what they are talking about.

They moved Williams to WR because he has a full ride to old miss for baseball or he will pro in the 10 or 11 round ...the coaches can't take a chance of him gettin hurt he has a very bright future ahead of him..

I stilll don't understand the relevance of a collegiate baseball scholarship to high school football? Sounds like Williams is more concerned with his own well being than the teams. You are either comminted or you are not. Don't mistake me. I believe Williams is a GREAT competitor and all around athlete.

Coach derrel you don't give Covington much credit at all .. Last years season came to a great outcome 1game short of the champion ship and coming back with more starters than Brighton has gives them a big advantage .. Big game deffinitly but Covington comes out on top by two .. 28-14

Yes I realize covington had a good season last year but this is 2012 NOT 2011.