Dobyns-Bennett @ Sevier County

BatmanDB

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after watching the JC game I think DB has the edge but you never know what will happen that's why you play the game dag nabbit

yea you never know. its like a few years ago y'all beat us 42 to 14 and then got beat handily by jeff county then we go up to jeff county and get the win. I wasn't expecting that to happen lol.

Grad...I sure did want to go but things just didnt work out that way. My wife has had a bad week so I stayed home and it was a good thing, ended up at the H all Friday night past midnight. But, she is doing better now.

I'm very sorry to hear that your wife was sick last night. Family is always FIRST. I hope she gets past whatever the problems are and is returned to good health.

Perhaps one of the other DB fans or someone who has seen DB play attended the game and will give us all their assessment. I listened online but I just can't tell much listening to the broadcast types.

I know that ArtVandalay posted on the Sevier/Jeff thread that he was going to that game. I'm hoping that he will post his assessment here today? How did they look compared to DB?

Grad...I sure did want to go but things just didnt work out that way. My wife has had a bad week so I stayed home and it was a good thing, ended up at the H all Friday night past midnight. But, she is doing better now.

Here is my take on the Indians last performance. The Indians seemed like they may have been over looking South, had a very short time to prepare and the youth of the both lines showed growing pains for sure. But the BIG PLAY WAS EVERYWHERE. I am not worried about the Indians offense at all against Sevier County... DB is averaging 45 points a game.

The Indians Defense was not up to par and had to grade out about a C-. This week, Graham Clark has a slim advantage by having 1 day more to prepare for this game.... the one good thing that comes out from playing on Thursday night. They have plenty of thing to work on.

May be a shootout Friday night

Roll Tribe Roll

The good:

SC showed great resolve in pulling out a gut check win against a quality opponent. When Jeff Co scored the go ahead TD with only a couple of minutes left they could have quit but they fought through. No win is bad no matter how ugly.

SC's QB put a bad outing behind him to lead a nice two minute game winning drive for the victory.

We have a deep corp of pretty good receivers.

The bad:

Not game related but our cream puff out of conference schedule does us no favors and has to be revamped. We already play in a weak conference where we are forced to play numerious smaller schools that are not very competitive. It makes no sense then why we continue to schedule teams that don't provide us any real tests (or little fan excitement) when the T$$AA gives us three mulligans a year. Outside of DB we have to upgrade the OC schedule. Rant off. Figured since this is a DB thread I figured our former Big East brethren would appreciate a fellow fan bemoaning this crummy realignment.

Back to the game - our Defense and especially our line after an intitial good couple of quarters really struggled against the option. Especially concerning since the Pats are a one dimensional offense. Also struggled with too many missed tackles. DB will light us up even more if we don't wrap up and finish runners off any better

The O Line seemed to be overwelmed by the Pats D Line all night. To be fair however not all of it was their fault since our schemes (especially the empty backfield sets) rely upon the QB to make a quick read and throw so they can't be expected to sustain blocks when there is an all out jail break like Jeff was bringing which leads to the most concerning portion of the game:

The QB position. We are not a dynamic running team so the QB is the straw that stirs the drink. We don't have great RB's to bail us out if the passing attack is not clicking. This goes back to my previous rant about scheduling. Halls and WB could not put the pressure on our offense like Jeff Co did. The QB struggled the whole night with decision making and poor throws due to the pressure applied. Was in stark contrast to when he could set back and look the field over without any pressure like the two previous games........tonight however........well we won. Got really rattled and the coaches even set him for a couple of series in the 2nd quarter. This is Manning's first year starting so maybe this is part of his growing process but who knows.

This team reminds me of the squad of a couple of years ago. A solid team but without a QB that can run the offense to it's most effecient, especially in the passing game against the better defenses we will see like we had in Cullen Lavoi last year. I am hoping the game winning two minute drive means the lights came on for our QB but I am not overly optmistic.

DB will have more athletes, speed and playmakers then Jeff Co so I would expect our short comings to be exposed even more. I am sure their coaching staff will take the same approach as the Pats and bring lots of D pressure with their front 7 and we already know their offense returns everyone. The Tribe should exact some revenge for last years's playoff loss and get a 35 - 14 win.

I was at the game your assement is dead on i love a guy who tells it like it is, i hope the lineman who got hurt is okay for friday's game, good luck and see u guys friday, tell Dolly hey

What's your assessment of Sevier County after their win against Jeff Co?

The good:

SC showed great resolve in pulling out a gut check win against a quality opponent. When Jeff Co scored the go ahead TD with only a couple of minutes left they could have quit but they fought through. No win is bad no matter how ugly.

SC's QB put a bad outing behind him to lead a nice two minute game winning drive for the victory.

We have a deep corp of pretty good receivers.

The bad:

Not game related but our cream puff out of conference schedule does us no favors and has to be revamped. We already play in a weak conference where we are forced to play numerious smaller schools that are not very competitive. It makes no sense then why we continue to schedule teams that don't provide us any real tests (or little fan excitement) when the T$$AA gives us three mulligans a year. Outside of DB we have to upgrade the OC schedule. Rant off. Figured since this is a DB thread I figured our former Big East brethren would appreciate a fellow fan bemoaning this crummy realignment.

Back to the game - our Defense and especially our line after an intitial good couple of quarters really struggled against the option. Especially concerning since the Pats are a one dimensional offense. Also struggled with too many missed tackles. DB will light us up even more if we don't wrap up and finish runners off any better

The O Line seemed to be overwelmed by the Pats D Line all night. To be fair however not all of it was their fault since our schemes (especially the empty backfield sets) rely upon the QB to make a quick read and throw so they can't be expected to sustain blocks when there is an all out jail break like Jeff was bringing which leads to the most concerning portion of the game:

The QB position. We are not a dynamic running team so the QB is the straw that stirs the drink. We don't have great RB's to bail us out if the passing attack is not clicking. This goes back to my previous rant about scheduling. Halls and WB could not put the pressure on our offense like Jeff Co did. The QB struggled the whole night with decision making and poor throws due to the pressure applied. Was in stark contrast to when he could set back and look the field over without any pressure like the two previous games........tonight however........well we won. Got really rattled and the coaches even set him for a couple of series in the 2nd quarter. This is Manning's first year starting so maybe this is part of his growing process but who knows.

This team reminds me of the squad of a couple of years ago. A solid team but without a QB that can run the offense to it's most effecient, especially in the passing game against the better defenses we will see like we had in Cullen Lavoi last year. I am hoping the game winning two minute drive means the lights came on for our QB but I am not overly optmistic.

DB will have more athletes, speed and playmakers then Jeff Co so I would expect our short comings to be exposed even more. I am sure their coaching staff will take the same approach as the Pats and bring lots of D pressure with their front 7 and we already know their offense returns everyone. The Tribe should exact some revenge for last years's playoff loss and get a 35 - 14 win.

I was at the game your assement is dead on i love a guy who tells it like it is, i hope the lineman who got hurt is okay for friday's game, good luck and see u guys friday, tell Dolly hey

Following is a direct quote from the Smoky Bears Facebook Page.....

"Update on Ethan Hubbard number 63 who was injured last night. He went to the dr this morning does not appear to be a tear in his ACL. Needs to rest it for a couple of days."