Dobyns-Bennett @ Sevier County

BatmanDB

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey wait a minute......did you predict the score to be 49-48, 42-41, or 38-17? And you better watch out picking on the "kids", Batman will bite your ear off.

With the exception of one maybe two of the defensive backs, we have the athletes to shut down any QB we will come up against. Its just how their being coached. In a nut shell we just let the receiver catch the ball then we go try to tackle him. We depend on the pass rush to put pressure on the QB and force him to make bad throws. If we don't get pressure on the QB we're toast. I know Jeff. Co. has improved and they played really good pass defense against SC. Do you think they have better athletes in their secondary than DB? Heck no they don't. Do you think the DB staff will watch that game film and play it just like Jeff. Co.? Heck no they won't. You will see the same thing we have seen for the past 6 years. Wide open receivers running all over the field all night long.

I agree with you. We're going to see pass after pass and SC roll up big yards on our defensive backfield. I don't believe our coaches will make the correct adjustments to stop it. I hate to be so negative but i know how things work. If we can shut down this offense then and only then will i believe that we have a shot at a State title this year. I think the offense is good enough and most of our defense, but i strongly believe that a championship coming to Kingsport is going to be based on coaching, just look at Maryville. They don't look big or strong or fast, but they know what to do and trust the coaches will make the right calls and everyone on the field will work as a team. So, if we can plan for this game and shut them down then i will believe this could be the year. This week is all about coaching. So here we go. Come on coaches, let's see what you can do. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!

#25 is the one and he is fast. Finished 2nd at state with a 21.7 in the 200, and was anchor on the relay teams that finished 4th in the 4 x 100 and 4 x 200. (All 4 on these relay teams play football.) There is more speed than just #1 and #25. #1 was injured and did not run track last spring.

I knew 25 was special early in the first game,but I didn't know he had another year.Jeff county must be really good to have slowed you guys down so much.I don't know if DB can slow you guys down,but DB also has some pretty good skill on offense as well.I know both teams will play their best a bunch and I hope all the guys are hydrated and don't have problems with muscle cramps . Should be a great game to watch

I agree with you. We're going to see pass after pass and SC roll up big yards on our defensive backfield. I don't believe our coaches will make the correct adjustments to stop it. I hate to be so negative but i know how things work. If we can shut down this offense then and only then will i believe that we have a shot at a State title this year. I think the offense is good enough and most of our defense, but i strongly believe that a championship coming to Kingsport is going to be based on coaching, just look at Maryville. They don't look big or strong or fast, but they know what to do and trust the coaches will make the right calls and everyone on the field will work as a team. So, if we can plan for this game and shut them down then i will believe this could be the year. This week is all about coaching. So here we go. Come on coaches, let's see what you can do. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!

Maryville has some athlete's,as well as great coaches.To even think about a state title will not only take beating that great top 100 Maryville team,but probably an even better Whitehaven team this year then last.It's not going to be an easy road for anyone in east TN 6A.

If i was a betting man, i would say someone besides Maryville wins it this year. They just aren't "stacked" like they were last year. Never count a Quarles coached team out, though. He is fly in the ointment for any team they are playing against. lol

Stay away from Las Vegas.icon_e_smile.gif

Edited by WaCoJaCo