Fairview (2-1) @ Page (1-2)

JUNO

Moore never got tossed. This game is over and will never change. We have an East Hickman team coming to town this week. They are riding an unfamiliar high these days. East is not going to come to Fairview and roll over for us. It's time to strap up, go back to work, and focus on the East Eagles. Right now is when it counts the most! How do you bounce back? Fairview Fans....stay behind these kids! There is a lot of football left to play.

Edited by Jacketman89

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two TDs in the first half were terrible calls, nothing questionable about them. The one in the 2nd half was obvious. The crew did a horrendous job and took away from what would have been a great game. It looked like they wanted it to be about them. Even the announcers on the tv were blasting them.

Also when did Moore get tossed? I watched the entire game last night on tv and did not see him get tossed? I saw him get a 15 yard penalty and that was it. Also, can Fairview not count to 11? Having too many men on the field is a coaching problem.

Somebody told me he got tossed and I didn't think I saw him in the game after it happened. On the return for the touchdown somebody got hit 10 yards behind the play. Some refs let that kind of play go some don't. If you didnt see be my guest and go back and watch it cuz it happened.

Somebody told me he got tossed and I didn't think I saw him in the game after it happened. On the return for the touchdown somebody got hit 10 yards behind the play. Some refs let that kind of play go some don't. If you didnt see be my guest and go back and watch it cuz it happened.

On the kickoff return the penalty susposedly happened at the 35 because the ball was spotted at the 25 after it was assessed. I did not see one block in back. I have it here right on my DVR.

Then on the long TD throw, the flag was thrown on the center who cut the defensive tackle. I have never seen a cut block be called a hold. I will stand by my claim that terrible officiating players a part in the game.

However Fairview's lack of discipline in Special Teams helped magnify those penalties.

Yes the staff icant belive yall didnt see that my wife actually pointed it out happen about 15 sec before halftime also loved the red jersey i hate our blue ones and so does other alumi they are not the correct color of blue

According to a friend who played for one of Page's first football teams in the late 70's, the new blue jerseys are the original "Page blue.". This has been confirmed by several alumni and faculty who were there around that time. The new head Coach wanted to get back to Page's original school colors. That same blue was used on the helmets from the time the school opened until Alvin Palmer changed it around 2000.

Sorry to say you probably won't see the red jerseys again anytime soon. They did look really good but they were a special edition made just for that game and the American Heart Association fund raiser.

Might want to get used to the new Page blue or the original Page blue because it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by Will2Win

I graduated in 1998 play football there in 1998 my brother played for the first football that page ever had we both still have our jerseys our blue on our jerseys is not a turquoise looking blue it is too light are blue is a darker blue almost royal blue my nephew played in 2004 thru 2008. Darker blue .my sister played basketball 85 through 89 darker blue I know my history of page high school probably more than the principal does .

I have also talked to many alumni and different people and have also confirmed that it is the original blue. It has been a darker blue for awhile. I graduated back in 2011 and we had the dark blue. I also remember when the helmets were the light blue before Alvin Palmer switched to the dark blue. I like the light blue myself.

The better part of me has kept from posting on this thread, but because it just won't go away I guess I will. The better team won friday night, here's a hint Fairview, mouths don't win ball games. Fairview players, you played your butts off, your coaches let you down because they didn't prepare you. Fairview parents.. I've never seen a group of grown men scream at opposing HIGH SCHOOL players and refs as they go off the field. Calling kids every name in the book is classless and after representing our county for 16 months in Iraq I was disgraced to have said I served for the parents of Fairview players. Good luck with the rest of your season Fairview, you have alot of talent. Tell your coaches and parents to grow up so you can win ball games.

I have also talked to many alumni and different people and have also confirmed that it is the original blue. It has been a darker blue for awhile. I graduated back in 2011 and we had the dark blue. I also remember when the helmets were the light blue before Alvin Palmer switched to the dark blue. I like the light blue myself.

The better part of me has kept from posting on this thread, but because it just won't go away I guess I will. The better team won friday night, here's a hint Fairview, mouths don't win ball games. Fairview players, you played your butts off, your coaches let you down because they didn't prepare you. Fairview parents.. I've never seen a group of grown men scream at opposing HIGH SCHOOL players and refs as they go off the field. Calling kids every name in the book is classless and after representing our county for 16 months in Iraq I was disgraced to have said I served for the parents of Fairview players. Good luck with the rest of your season Fairview, you have alot of talent. Tell your coaches and parents to grow up so you can win ball games.

Football and few bad apple fans are one thing, but there are Fairview parents who served with you in Iraq. Some still there. Thank You for your service.

I graduated in 1998 play football there in 1998 my brother played for the first football that page ever had we both still have our jerseys our blue on our jerseys is not a turquoise looking blue it is too light are blue is a darker blue almost royal blue my nephew played in 2004 thru 2008. Darker blue .my sister played basketball 85 through 89 darker blue I know my history of page high school probably more than the principal does .

I am sorry to hear that you actually graduated from Page because I hold it in such high regard for it's academics. Apparently, your reading comprehension is not what it should be. First, I never said anything about the principal, she has only been there 10 years she wouldn't know anyway. That would be administration. I said faculty, and that faculty that I was referring to is still teaching there. The alumni I spoke to played on '78 team and took him at his word about the jersey color.

I never said when the jersey color was changed only when the helmet color was changed and who changed it. I know for a fact that that blue was still being used on the helmets when Jackie Benett was there. I have seen the pictures in Ringstaff. You should know that cause if you graduated in '98 then you played for him.

The blue that was retired this year was royal blue. Turquoise is actually a blue/green color. You might need to get your eyes checked. Anyway it doesn't matter, like I said I don't think they are going back anytime soon.

Anyway, we ought to be talking about how great the upset win was on Friday night and how good the boys played. That is all that matters anyway!