Powell at Oak Ridge

3wiggle

Thanks Art, Powellphoto, and HTV for the props to our team. Powell deserves a lot of credit as well. Them boys will flatout hit you, and hit you HARD. They have a load of talent. They will be tough for any dadgum team to beat, i guarantee you that. I totally agree with HTV, though. Elliott Normand deserves some gbigtime accolades for his performance tonight. What a dang effort by #6. That kid may not play at any big school on saturday's, but he is just a tough tough HS football player. Wow. hits and more hits from him tonight. That one hit on the Powell sweep to the OR side was unreal. And can't say enough about Grumski #52. Has what now? 8 sacks already through 3 games? Geez. The atmosphere was just electric. Powell traveled VERY WELL. Thanks Powell fans for making it such a great atmosphere. I think our strength and toughness and experience just overwhelmed Powell in the 2nd half. Was that a slobberknocker game or what? lol Powell deserves credit for hanging tough. To be honest, i thought we left a lot of points on the field. Maybe 2 td's. I respect the Powell fanbase and the team a lot.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats OR! Big big win! Defense must have played lights out! Not many out there is gonna blank Powell! The machine picking up steam....

Yes, to be honest i dont think they woulda scored @ all if not for the turnover real early in the game that gave them the ball @ our 20 yd line or so, but they got the field goal in. they had a few good drives, but our bend but don't break defense stopped them every time i thought they had something going. Thanks KPT.

Thanks Art, Powellphoto, and HTV for the props to our team. Powell deserves a lot of credit as well. Them boys will flatout hit you, and hit you HARD. They have a load of talent. They will be tough for any dadgum team to beat, i guarantee you that. I totally agree with HTV, though. Elliott Normand deserves some gbigtime accolades for his performance tonight. What a dang effort by #6. That kid may not play at any big school on saturday's, but he is just a tough tough HS football player. Wow. hits and more hits from him tonight. That one hit on the Powell sweep to the OR side was unreal. And can't say enough about Grumski #52. Has what now? 8 sacks already through 3 games? Geez. The atmosphere was just electric. Powell traveled VERY WELL. Thanks Powell fans for making it such a great atmosphere. I think our strength and toughness and experience just overwhelmed Powell in the 2nd half. Was that a slobberknocker game or what? lol Powell deserves credit for hanging tough. To be honest, i thought we left a lot of points on the field. Maybe 2 td's. I respect the Powell fanbase and the team a lot.

It was a great atmosphere! And you are right about the hitting...WOW! I also agree with what you said about experience....that goes for the players as well as the coaches imo. You guys def left points out there no doubt about it. I do feel like Powell had receivers open all night, but just couldn't connect...

nerves, atmosphere, pressure?I think you guys played better than you have your first two games. I do believe we are better than central, but it sure didn't show lastnight.

Edited by powellphoto

Great defensive battle in this game. Powell just didn't get a lot of opportunities to score, and OR's defense deserves a lot of the credit. OR did an excellent job up front, and their team speed really neutralized Powell's outside running ability. Rian Hall took what Powell gave him, made some excellent decisions, and Elliott Normand was definitely the "unsung" player of the game, on offense and defense. Hagen Owenby needs to get more comfortable as a passer for this team to take that next step. That being said, this is a young but talented Powell team, and they will learn a lot from this game. OR was simply the better team.

Again, kudos to OR. Great atmosphere last night, both teams were composed all night, and it was an excellent game. Let's hope that we see the same atmosphere/attitude next week against AC. Here's hoping that cooler heads will prevail.