Powell at Oak Ridge

3wiggle

Powell hasn't given up many sacks at all. Don't know if they have given up any sacks other than maybe a bad snap resulting in a sack. The line has sometimes broke down, but luckily Owenby is very very elusive lol. He is very hard for tackle when the pocket breaks down. Powell also has a guy who is getting quite a few sacks. He has 7 in two and a half games and 12 tackles for a loss. Although, Powell only has 11 sacks in 3 ball games. Powell has been pretty decent up front this year though defensively as they have 34 tackles for a loss.

Powell's offensive line will have to play their best game against Oak Ridge their is no question about that.

Yeah, i don't think we have given up any sacks, either. But, i wasn't able to catch the Central game, we may have in that game, not sure? But, As you know we have a very elusive QB, too. Hall is like a water bug out there...He is good when he gets rolling out, but also surprised to hear that last week he did all of his work while sitting in the pocket. Just another thing teams will have to scheme for.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you told me that we'd be 4 years into this new classification system and OR would still be looking for their first District 3 title, I would never have believed it. This is their year though. Winner of this game clearly has the advantage.

True, I dont think AC has a chance in these games. So maybe they might pull one out...lol Im taking a diffrent approch

If you told me that we'd be 4 years into this new classification system and OR would still be looking for their first District 3 title, I would never have believed it. This is their year though. Winner of this game clearly has the advantage.

Well, we have just been caught in an inopportune time when Powell has had probably their most dominant teams ever, barring maybe 1991. Nothing you can do about that. Powell hasn't been known to have dominant teams like they have had the past 2 years. They have generally had "good" teams, but none i would consider "great", besides the 91 team i mentioned coming the closest. Who won the district in 2009? Some Powell fans may beg to differ with me on the quality of teams yall have had in the past, those comments are just my opinion. Powell has generally had a winning program, it's just this new re-zoning a few years ago has helped to put them over the top, so to say.

Edited by SweetScience

Well, we have just been caught in an inopportune time when Powell has had probably their most dominant teams ever, barring maybe 1991. Nothing you can do about that. Powell hasn't been known to have dominant teams like they have had the past 2 years. They have generally had "good" teams, but none i would consider "great", besides the 91 team i mentioned coming the closest. Who won the district in 2009? Some Powell fans may beg to differ with me on the quality of teams yall have had in the past, those comments are just my opinion. Powell has generally had a winning program, it's just this new re-zoning a few years ago has helped to put them over the top, so to say.

I agree. I can't remember Powell having any teams like the last two seasons. The good news, however, I think this team HAS A CHANCE to be just as special. The talent is there, but it's the experience part that could be an issue. Just my opinion lol. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're state champion material, but if they beat OR there's no doubt in my mind they could win the district. Btw...Clinton won in 2009...10-0 regular season. Beat OR 16-14. It was a heck of a game.

Edited by powellphoto

Yeah we don't like to talk about that time in Oak Ridge football history.

I agree. I can't remember Powell having any teams like the last two seasons. The good news, however, I think this team HAS A CHANCE to be just as special. The talent is there, but it's the experience part that could be an issue. Just my opinion lol. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're state champion material, but if they beat OR there's no doubt in my mind they could win the district. Btw...Clinton won in 2009...10-0 regular season. Beat OR 16-14. It was a heck of a game.

Yeah, i was at that game. What a heartbreaker it was. One of Clinton's better teams, ever. Patrick, Stone, and Wes something, i cant remember his last name? The RB for Clinton, was a tough trio.

Yeah, i don't think we have given up any sacks, either. But, i wasn't able to catch the Central game, we may have in that game, not sure? But, As you know we have a very elusive QB, too. Hall is like a water bug out there...He is good when he gets rolling out, but also surprised to hear that last week he did all of his work while sitting in the pocket. Just another thing teams will have to scheme for.

Hall is very very athletic and very very good..... and pretty dang fast. I remember him from last year tearing up Powell, especially in the first half. Hall can throw it no doubt, but his legs is what concern me the most. He is good at running the ball. I think Powell will have a good shot if they can keep Hall passing the ball, especially if he tries to throw to the mid-deep part of the middle of the field like he did at Central last week. Strozyk is playing safety and is the all-time leader in interceptions at Powell, so I would take my chances with Hall trying to throw his way. Powell also has a 4 year starter at CB in Washington, and the other CB is a 2 year starter at DB in Sweat. But... but... when Hall gets rolling out it will be hard to stop him and may create some open receivers.

Hall is a scary match-up lol.

Edited by basketball1234