Cannon Co. at Westmoreland

Mr. Postman1

wbry does not mean the station, merely means the town of Woodbury. But who I am is irrelevant because I'm not on here making embarrsing statements about the program....as you and others like to do hiding behind a fictitious name. Yes, wbryguy is not the name given to me by my beloved mother R.I.P, but its fine becuase I do not bash and belittle. I believe you think I am in the number who likes to make excuses for the current staff, I assure you I am not. I also assure you I would not make excuses for the previous coaching staff as well. I can tell by your previous posts you are concerned about W's and L's, but we all should be. However, you are correct also there is much more at stake regarding molding young men. As a parent, trust me, if I differed in what my child was around I would take action! But this year is actually no different regarding locker room stupidity.On that note, same horse play happend in previous years, same losing that happened in previous years, so why should I get on here and decide to bash the program now? That's my only issue. We as a community look less intelligent when all we do is get on this forum and talk negative. I'd rather you all just go to Joe's and vent there....or better yet, go to the Director or the Board Members.

Edited by wbryguy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"go to the proper people who make the choices" Please! Those are the same people that voted the dumb and dumber crew in! It is the kids that are suffering. How they are they being led? You say you have a son there. I also know that isn't the truth, Keith. However, the young men are the ones to suffer. They have no leadership, they are being used as advertising pawns and they are being told to keep their mouths closed about incidents that are happening that are just wrong. please tell me how the kids are not suffering from the current leadership. Let's for a moment take winning out of the equation. I can live with losing if we are losing with pride and life lessons being taught along the way. What kind of coach calls a parent meeting to say he isn't going to be going to the York game because he is going to Oregon? A real coach knows that his obligation is to his team foremost! A real coach knows that his life is over through football season and he doesn't make plans to be somewhere else when his team needs him most. We have an assistant coach that cries on the sidelines when he loses. We have kids consoling the coach instead of the coach consoling the kids..What?? Just when you think it can't get any crazier you find out there is a whole underground of craziness!

Did you attend the meeting? Did you hear the reason why?

wbry does not mean the station, merely means the town of Woodbury. But who I am is irrelevant because I'm not on here making embarrsing statements about the program....as you and others like to do hiding behind a fictitious name. Yes, wbryguy is not the name given to me by my beloved mother R.I.P, but its fine becuase I do not bash and belittle. I believe you think I am in the number who likes to make excuses for the current staff, I assure you I am not. I also assure you I would not make excuses for the previous coaching staff as well. I can tell by your previous posts you are concerned about W's and L's, but we all should be. However, you are correct also there is much more at stake regarding molding young men. As a parent, trust me, if I differed in what my child was around I would take action! But this year is actually no different regarding locker room stupidity.On that note, same horse play happend in previous years, same losing that happened in previous years, so why should I get on here and decide to bash the program now? That's my only issue. We as a community look less intelligent when all we do is get on this forum and talk negative. I'd rather you all just go to Joe's and vent there....or better yet, go to the Director or the Board Members.

WBRY - guy .... very good reply, don't pay attention to this guy, he is upset about something and no matter what you say it won't change his mind. He is a CC hater at the moment, maybe one day he will change his way and try to understand how the team has gotten into this situation. It has taken years to get here and it will take years to turn it around. Keep coming out to support these young men. and keep the post positive !!!!!

Edited by eaglehaslanded

WBRY - guy .... very good reply, don't pay attention to this guy, he is upset about something and no matter what you say it won't change his mind. He is a CC hater at the moment, maybe one day he will change his way and try to understand how the team has gotten into this situation. It has taken years to get here and it will take years to turn it around. Keep coming out to support these young men. and keep the post positive !!!!!

Yes, yes, you have it all figured out don't you, Patriot? You say "hater" you should know all about that definition. You were certainly in bash mode last year weren't you? You were all about wins and losses then. Hmmm...how does it feel to be here again?

Hey, can you tell me when we can expect to see H&P in the center of the field at CC? After all, instead of helmets on Thursdays our kids are wearing H&P ballcaps, they have been issued ties for Friday dress code and given the speech "You will be respected if you wear a tie." roflol.gifroflolk.gificon_lol.gif That is the biggest knee slapper of them all! Poor guys...they are being made fools of by the adults that don't know what else to do with them. If we can't teach them football and make winners out of them we will teach them to make cheap shots, and play dirty...Ahhh yes, there is that moral conduct that is alive and well in CC.

Carry on gentlemen, and I use that term loosely.

Yes, yes, you have it all figured out don't you, Patriot? You say "hater" you should know all about that definition. You were certainly in bash mode last year weren't you? You were all about wins and losses then. Hmmm...how does it feel to be here again?

Hey, can you tell me when we can expect to see H&P in the center of the field at CC? After all, instead of helmets on Thursdays our kids are wearing H&P ballcaps, they have been issued ties for Friday dress code and given the speech "You will be respected if you wear a tie." roflol.gifroflolk.gificon_lol.gif That is the biggest knee slapper of them all! Poor guys...they are being made fools of by the adults that don't know what else to do with them. If we can't teach them football and make winners out of them we will teach them to make cheap shots, and play dirty...Ahhh yes, there is that moral conduct that is alive and well in CC.

Carry on gentlemen, and I use that term loosely.

So it appears your beef isn't with the players or the coaching staff ....it's really all about a local company - H&P. So go find the guy who gave out the hats and match his contributions to the local teams and then get on here and talk your talk...talk is cheap,,how bout you backing up some of your trash talking on this blog???????

i guess you're not interested in young men learning that a shirt and tie with a pair of nice pants can make a difference in the appearance of a team. unity of wearing the same clothes will not harm these kids, as some of them may have never worn a tie.. it's a nice thing to learn how to to tie a tie and how it is to look presentable in the eye of the public. Much more pleasing than pants the sagging down and showing the underwear, and it doesn't hurt to wear a belt. In the times of tap out t-shirts, tattoo's and teenage pregnancies, it is nice to have a staff who is leading the kids and trying to teach them the right way verse the wrong way. maybe you could load up on the bus with them this Sunday and attend a local church with the team...and ask God to forgive you for your wayward thoughts and threads.... Have a blessed Day>>>>>>>>>

So it appears your beef isn't with the players or the coaching staff ....it's really all about a local company - H&P. So go find the guy who gave out the hats and match his contributions to the local teams and then get on here and talk your talk...talk is cheap,,how bout you backing up some of your trash talking on this blog???????

i guess you're not interested in young men learning that a shirt and tie with a pair of nice pants can make a difference in the appearance of a team. unity of wearing the same clothes will not harm these kids, as some of them may have never worn a tie.. it's a nice thing to learn how to to tie a tie and how it is to look presentable in the eye of the public. Much more pleasing than pants the sagging down and showing the underwear, and it doesn't hurt to wear a belt. In the times of tap out t-shirts, tattoo's and teenage pregnancies, it is nice to have a staff who is leading the kids and trying to teach them the right way verse the wrong way. maybe you could load up on the bus with them this Sunday and attend a local church with the team...and ask God to forgive you for your wayward thoughts and threads.... Have a blessed Day>>>>>>>>>

My "beef" has never been with players! I am sorry they are a part of the insanity. Also, here is a tidbit for yeah...I have and will continue to do my part to contributing to the school athletics. The difference for me is I don't have to publicize my contributions in the way of banners, advertising or ballcaps. My contributions have come in the form of cash donated to the prgrams (not only football) but for that field house as well. I don't have to have a sign hung up with my name on it. Maybe you should know what you speak of before you assume anything. Also, for the record, the monetary contributions that you speak of are public and people know who donate and who just love to put on the show.

My, my aren't we high and mighty this year?! LOL..Have you been to church to ask for forgiveness for the way you trash talked Coach Schrenk last year? HAve you asked him for forgiveness? Before you start pointing that finger at someone else maybe you should clean out your own closet.

My conversation with you is over. I have pointed out the obvious and you feel the need to defend. I get it. However, I will be here every week to point out the good and the bad. What? You say I haven't pointed out any good? Hmm... what does that tell you?

Guest Termite

Hey, irrelevant question, but what happened to Pattypeepers and Big Goon? Ever since Cannon couldn't do much, they left.

I miss ole Pattypeepers and Pigbun. I think Pattypeepers was run out of town with Schrenk. Woodberry must of decided to clean house and get rid of them both. But maybe they are just fair weather fans, which in Woodberry's case means you'll hear from them once ever 10-15 years.

Anyway, looks like Daisy Duke is in their corner. I understand that ....Cannon Co. , Macon Co.. bout the same.........

My "beef" has never been with players! I am sorry they are a part of the insanity. Also, here is a tidbit for yeah...I have and will continue to do my part to contributing to the school athletics. The difference for me is I don't have to publicize my contributions in the way of banners, advertising or ballcaps. My contributions have come in the form of cash donated to the prgrams (not only football) but for that field house as well. I don't have to have a sign hung up with my name on it. Maybe you should know what you speak of before you assume anything. Also, for the record, the monetary contributions that you speak of are public and people know who donate and who just love to put on the show.

My, my aren't we high and mighty this year?! LOL..Have you been to church to ask for forgiveness for the way you trash talked Coach Schrenk last year? HAve you asked him for forgiveness? Before you start pointing that finger at someone else maybe you should clean out your own closet.

My conversation with you is over. I have pointed out the obvious and you feel the need to defend. I get it. However, I will be here every week to point out the good and the bad. What? You say I haven't pointed out any good? Hmm... what does that tell you?

You keep on with this last year thing; I haven't a clue who you have me confused with? But I will tell you this I haven't spoke my mind on the performance of the staff or the team. It is not my place to judge the team whether they are leaders or players. That falls into the lap of the CC administration. You too should focus on the players and the struggle they go through week in and week out. This staff was hired late into the off season and appeared to have the team on track. Yes a win would be significant but it is out of both of our controls. I am not on the field nor do I belong on the it, and only show up on occasion to watch practice. It’s nice to have a player who missed several years to finally get back on the field. I will support the team in that fashion and i'm delighted my son finally felt he could return to football. It's great to see the different sports of CC allow the opportunity for each kid to participate. I will only get on here and speak in the positive manner as I have. I don't have a clue on what the coaches do on the field, just really grateful that the staff is leading the players in the right direction. Yes there have been bumps in the road as boys will be boys but overall I think they are doing the best they can and all I can do is support them with all I can each Friday night....

As for pointing out the good that has been done...I can only recognize the efforts on the field and the attitude my child has shown. He is truly happy to be back on the field and that is what counts the most to me. So there is my positive spin on the situation.

Cannon County or TSSAA needs to have a talk with the guy doing their announcing. You never announce of the P.A. that another team was flagged for CHEATING. It is a disgrace to your team and to you for saying something such as that. Cannon County has enogh problems to work out and I beleive they will with their new coach and they dont need him to be one of the problems. So if I was their coach I would say something to the announcer before it goes any farther then what it has. Thank You

This thread is starting to sound like a Soap Opra popcorneater.gif

Cannon County or TSSAA needs to have a talk with the guy doing their announcing. You never announce of the P.A. that another team was flagged for CHEATING. It is a disgrace to your team and to you for saying something such as that. Cannon County has enogh problems to work out and I beleive they will with their new coach and they dont need him to be one of the problems. So if I was their coach I would say something to the announcer before it goes any farther then what it has. Thank You