DeKalb County vs Smith County

EdwardDone

I'm anxious to see if the best team ever at DC can beat this group of Owls. Our defense has been shakey and offense has been inconsistent while DC has clicked on all cylinders every game. Shakey D and inconsistent O seem to happen from time to time when you play teams better than you. Odd how that works. You posters that say SC beat a 1A school by one forgot to mention that 1A school is one of the top 2 in the state. Having seen LA manhandle SC in the 3rd quarter, i cant imagine DC being better. We shall see.

I'm anxious to see if the best team ever at DC can beat this group of Owls. Our defense has been shakey and offense has been inconsistent while DC has clicked on all cylinders every game. Shakey D and inconsistent O seem to happen from time to time when you play teams better than you. Odd how that works. You posters that say SC beat a 1A school by one forgot to mention that 1A school is one of the top 2 in the state. Having seen LA manhandle SC in the 3rd quarter, i cant imagine DC being better. We shall see.

I am not certain DC is better than LA either. But DC doesn't have to be better than LA to beat SC considering by your own admission they manhandled you. You have a good coach, but he will not be playing. Outside of Jalen, what is special about this SC team? I haven't seen them in person this year so I am curious beyond history why SC should be expected to win this year.

I am not certain DC is better than LA either. But DC doesn't have to be better than LA to beat SC considering by your own admission they manhandled you. You have a good coach, but he will not be playing. Outside of Jalen, what is special about this SC team? I haven't seen them in person this year so I am curious beyond history why SC should be expected to win this year.

Jalen better not be your only concern. The passing game has improved each week. I knew from the beginning of the season we would be good, I just don't know how early it will show. Play action pass can be a killer for DC if they focus too much on the run game.

"By my own admission" was for about 3 possessions in the 3rd quarter where LA scored on 3 straight possesions and SC went 3 and out and then turned it over the first play of their next drive. One thing is certain in life and football, things aren't quite as bad or not near as great as most people think.

I agree with that regarding life. By historical records however, I would have to say Dekalb football in the early to mid 90's was as bad as everybody thought. Glad times have changed.