DeKalb County vs Smith County

EdwardDone

I think we will see how good the DC defense is and we shall see how explosive their offense can be. Do they rely to much on the deep ball or can they move the ball with short yardage here and there.

Our running game is improved a lot. And we were 4-0 heading into this game last year. We just didn't play defense the way we have this year. The feeling is a lot different this year.

2 questions will be answered Friday. 1) Is DC for real or is SC back in the hunt. I say DC by 7. Hearing fefense is much better. I will be at this game.2) Can Upperman hang with LA for a half or longer? If so, York is for real and both York and maybe Upperman gives SC a game. If its over in first half, York will be 4th, Upperman 5th.

How many yards did DC throw for last year against SC? Quite a few if i remember.

Yes, last year Phillips threw the ball very well against us. He hurt us a lot by sprinting out looking for a receiver then tucking the ball and then pulling up to throw after the DB commits. They had a very good receiver, short in stature, that went for the ball and usually came up with it. It is going to be a tough game and the Owls must play their best game to win. Can't just try to stop the passing game, the run game must be stopped also.

Yes, last year Phillips threw the ball very well against us. He hurt us a lot by sprinting out looking for a receiver then tucking the ball and then pulling up to throw after the DB commits. They had a very good receiver, short in stature, that went for the ball and usually came up with it. It is going to be a tough game and the Owls must play their best game to win. Can't just try to stop the passing game, the run game must be stopped also.

Last year that short in stature receiver was the primary playmaker. This year there are two others just as good. I don't recall who the poster was that said play action for Smith will be a key. I would agree. I think SC needs a couple big plays to keep it competitive into the Q4 where their depth could become the difference. It would really help the SC cause if the transplant QB can get a safety to bite on play action and throw over the top. Sustained drives are possible but will be much more difficult on this DC team than years past. Notice, I did not say impossible just more difficult. Conversely, DC has been heavily penalized this year on offense and those mental mistakes will need to be cut out this week or their drives could be shortened. Rarely have I seen other teams stop them but hey can stop themselves. I would expect the score will be lower than most think due to mistakes (turnovers and penalties).

Hearing Smith Co. is really down this year from many people around the region. I have been told that the Manning "hype" is overrated. From what it appears and word around the region that Puckett, Molander, Phillips and Fullilove are ahead of Manning this year or actually better in terms of talent. DeKalb has the mo right now and I would look for Dekalb to do something special on one of the first plays. Look for a pass from Puckett to Fullilove with puckett coming around on the sweep for the half back pass for the first play of the game. Dekalb 34 Smith 14.

I just read warren's qb went 12-19 for 151 yds. and scrambled for 62 agaisnt SC. DC held them to 9 yards I know a few games later they are probably a little more practiced, but Phillips will light that up if you play like that Friday.

We did not face the QB that Smith County did, We took out their starting QB and they inserted a Freshman. A receiver (I think) took over at QB from the second game on.....

Edited by Waterboy78

SC 50 to 42 book it...

lol I was kidding with my pick. I think it will be a high scoring game. I hope we do not have to put up 50 to win. Seriously, I have no idea what to expect. Our D was down for one game. After a week that we all get too hyped about and they were just plain flat. Our O has improved every week. Sounds like DC has a much better defense than last season. Sure they have had easy games, but shutting anyone out is not easy. I think it will be a great game. We go into it as an under dog, rightly so. You never know how games like this will play out. As for saying our RB is not doing that well. I think he averaged about 30 yards a carry last week... We also made big gains throwing the ball too. Starters were pulled early 3rd quarter or we might have put up 70 plus points.

Last year that short in stature receiver was the primary playmaker. This year there are two others just as good. I don't recall who the poster was that said play action for Smith will be a key. I would agree. I think SC needs a couple big plays to keep it competitive into the Q4 where their depth could become the difference. It would really help the SC cause if the transplant QB can get a safety to bite on play action and throw over the top. Sustained drives are possible but will be much more difficult on this DC team than years past. Notice, I did not say impossible just more difficult. Conversely, DC has been heavily penalized this year on offense and those mental mistakes will need to be cut out this week or their drives could be shortened. Rarely have I seen other teams stop them but hey can stop themselves. I would expect the score will be lower than most think due to mistakes (turnovers and penalties).

First of all "OUCH" on the other two good receivers DC has - next, just about as good of a synopsis as we could get about the DC Tigers.

I understand that #10 and 70 something will likely miss the game for DC. If so, I hope they recover quickly and get back into action.

Edited by scooter