Yellow Jackets versus defending state champs Patriots

TheCommissioner

This is the game I circle on the calendar every year. Henry County and their rabid fans will invade Boyce Smith field this Friday. The Jackets are down some this year and a win here will go a loooooooooooooooooooooooong way in turning our season around. I am sure that Coach Counce will have the Pats more than ready for us. I love this game and the atmosphere around it. HC's following is almost like a college team. Come on down HC and we will try and be as good of host as you were to us last year. Old Devil, Drew, and Prez stop by and see me before the game. Try to take it easy on us. We are rebuilding some and I hope we can continue to show some improvement in this game like we did this past week in the Clarksville game. The Pats and Dickson back-to-back is a tough stretch for us each year. Let's play some football. I would also be interested in reading RW feelings on the game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will all be there, Commish. Just give us a clue where to find you. Are you really sure you want to hear from RW?

GO BIG RED

I have been having to work late on Fridays of late. I hope to swing this one where I can get off. I will get with you later in the week on where to meet if I am able to

Put RW on the page he always livens things up

Edited by TheCommissioner

Looking forward to this one. The Jackets may be a little down this year, but I always enjoy the trip to Springfield. Our last visit there turned out to be one heck of a battle. Hoping for an injury free game.

What's the philosophy of the Yellow Jackets under their new coach?

Ball Contol is the name of the game this year. And you right about the game two years ago. It was exciting. We still talk about it

As for the game itself; From what I've seen of Henry County and from what I've heard of Springfield, I expect a big win for the Patriots, but that's why they play the game.

The Patriots have to keep improving. Our offense has honestly been incredible ever since the 2nd half of the Liberty game. They really haven't looked back since then. Our defense allowed less than 50 yards of total offense Friday night, but that was against Northwest. I'm curious to see if they continue to show a good level of improvement as the season progresses. The Jackets will have to find a way to slow down Storme Hilliard and a very talented Patriot backfield, along with a pretty good group of receivers spearheaded by an excellent go-to option in Donaldson. Not an easy task.

I do hope the Jackets continue to improve off their first victory under Coach Wilson. I've always had a lot of respect for Springfield, and this district could use their competitiveness. Hard to get much out of Clarksville (with the exception of Northeast this year).

Someone must have posted the score wrong. Friday night it read as 23-21 in favor of Springfield.

Someone must have posted the score wrong. Friday night it read as 23-21 in favor of Springfield.

It was wrong they lost on last play http://www.theleafchronicle.com/proart/20120907/hssports/309070043/bridges-carries-chs-close-win?pagerestricted=1

This is the game I circle on the calendar every year. Henry County and their rabid fans will invade Boyce Smith field this Friday. The Jackets are down some this year and a win here will go a loooooooooooooooooooooooong way in turning our season around. I am sure that Coach Counce will have the Pats more than ready for us. I love this game and the atmosphere around it. HC's following is almost like a college team. Come on down HC and we will try and be as good of host as you were to us last year. Old Devil, Drew, and Prez stop by and see me before the game. Try to take it easy on us. We are rebuilding some and I hope we can continue to show some improvement in this game like we did this past week in the Clarksville game. The Pats and Dickson back-to-back is a tough stretch for us each year. Let's play some football. I would also be interested in reading RW feelings on the game.

Hey Commish! Good to hear from you again. Look forward to coming to see you guys this Friday. Like olddevil said, keep us posted on how/where we can meet. This game is going to be a good one, and like others have said our offense is pretty high powered. We are looking to keep getting better on Defense, and also on the offensive side too! Young teams, anything can happen...

Go Big RED!!!