Yellow Jackets versus defending state champs Patriots

TheCommissioner

I am still alive and well, my current situation has kept me from attending any games this year thus far. I do plan on making it out when I can however, for the record I am also in the minority concerning the new stadium as I prefer the history/atmosphere that comes w/ Boyce Smith field. Lastly, when I saw the score of this game I fully expected to hear about the performance of the refs, lol. I feel the statement by the HC coach was inappropriate even if it was true, you won, dont discredit the kids for keeping it close regardless of the curcumstance.....

I'm not sure where Drewcephus got that statement from, but that's not what Counce said at all. MSURacer actually quoted him word for word. He wasn't discrediting the kids for anything. The officiating was disgraceful, and there is no problem with Counce pointing it out.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m not responding to anyone in particular but I'll just say that it's not very becoming for our fans, boosters, and coaches (if he really commented about the officials) to be criticizing the officials. We should have won big but penalties, sloppy play, and lack of discipline prevented that. It's a bad example for our players for all of the group listed above to blame it on the officials. I thought we played bad but we still won and were obviously the better team. What I read on here is embarrassing (Prez, Drewcephus, etc) We sound pathetic. It was a sloppy game and we won anyway. It could have worse, we could have played sloppy and lost.

I'm not sure where Drewcephus got that statement from, but that's not what Counce said at all. MSURacer actually quoted him word for word. He wasn't discrediting the kids for anything. The officiating was disgraceful, and there is no problem with Counce pointing it out.

Not saying I disagree, just say the refs sucked and not that we would have won 50-0,(if he did say that). It doesnt really matter now anyway, HC looks to be really tough again and it looks like they may get a shot at Beech again in the play-offs and if I am not mistaken, it should be in Paris this year right?; correct me if I am wrong. Jalen Hurd is a beast, 1200 yds and 17 tds in 3 games, wow.....

I can't imagine him saying ANYTHING about the officiating, he has more class than that. You are welcome to your own opinion and I have mine. A coach should keep his mouth shut about the officiating once the game is over and I'm sure our coach didn't say a word once the game ended. He knows better. Our fans who complain about the officials are welcome to do so but they sound stupid.

I,m not responding to anyone in particular but I'll just say that it's not very becoming for our fans, boosters, and coaches (if he really commented about the officials) to be criticizing the officials. We should have won big but penalties, sloppy play, and lack of discipline prevented that. It's a bad example for our players for all of the group listed above to blame it on the officials. I thought we played bad but we still won and were obviously the better team. What I read on here is embarrassing (Prez, Drewcephus, etc) We sound pathetic. It was a sloppy game and we won anyway. It could have worse, we could have played sloppy and lost.

You and I saw the same game. HC is good this year. Not GREAT like last year. Storme is a stud. Chase Henderson is a very good runner. The Tharpes on Defense very very sound players. If the HC team that I saw last night plays the NE team that played us.............................NE wins. This is HS football anything can/will happen. I always enjoy the HC games the fans are classy. And the talent/coaching is tremendous

Not saying I disagree, just say the refs sucked and not that we would have won 50-0,(if he did say that). It doesnt really matter now anyway, HC looks to be really tough again and it looks like they may get a shot at Beech again in the play-offs and if I am not mistaken, it should be in Paris this year right?; correct me if I am wrong. Jalen Hurd is a beast, 1200 yds and 17 tds in 3 games, wow.....

He will play on Saturdays. Just hope it is one of the schools close...................like Jelks did

maybe Coach Counce should have said 50 to 7. We earned our touchdown. Tim Barbee with a 98 yard kick off return was an exciting answer to HC's second touchdown

Some very....interesting officiating in this game. I'll leave it at that.

Apparently Coach Counce agrees with me judging from his post game comments.

I knew it was going to be an interesting game when the first penalty was called, HC pass play, far side of the field in front of the HC fans on about the Jackets 35. HC receiver pushes Jackets defender to the ground to get open, jumps for the ball, misses the catch. Flag on Jackets for Defensive pass interference. Should have been no call

Henry County penalized 15 times for 156 yards-Once for roughing the punter after we blocked the punt! Commissioner-how is this possible? At one point, Henry County had the ball first and goal from the 36 yard line-After having the ball first and goal from the 6 yard line! Rarely do I talk bad about the men in stripes-But tonight's game was poorly officiated to say the very least!

Commissioner-why did Farmer sit the entire first quarter?

Prez, you will get in trouble with RW if you say anything about officials. I am waiting to see his post about HC coaches whining. If all these quotes that are attributed to Counce are true, RW will have to call him out like he did Meyers. Enough poking good natured fun. The drive that you mention was nothing short of strange. Not sure how much officials were to blame on that one drive. HC played sloppy football last night. This isn’t the same team we played last year. Granted they are good. Just not GREAT like last year. If HC and the Jackets played 10 times this year Pats win all 10. Come on Prez HC beat us by two scores (16 pts two TDs 2 two pt conversions and we tie). We are winless so far this year. Pats still need to improve to win it all again is all I am saying. The HC team I saw last night is no way ready for the playoffs to begin. Give the Jackets some credit. Our kids never quit last night. Terrence and Asica were forces on our line. I have got to talk to the coaches to find out about Farmer. At first we thought he might have been hurt. His return of the kickoff after HC field goal for over 50 yards disproved that. It must have been a discipline action of some sort. I will try and find out and let you know. Our coaches are closed mouth of some of this sometimes though.

Alright Commish, I found myself wanting to hurry home and report on this game. First I want to say that my comments in no way are against Springfield or their players. But the refs were atrocious in this game. It was blatantly obvious that there were two particular ones on the field that seemed to have it out for the Patriots. Don't know why, they just did. I seriously don't think this was "home cooking" or anything like that, just two refs who decided that they would try and get in the way of the game tonight which happened to be on the Yellowjackets behalf. I was extremely disappointed in their performance tonight. After a while, I got to watching the ref in the middle of the field and the players surrounding him. Henry County reeled of a long run of some sort (I wasn't watching the run, just the ref) and there were nothing but black jersey's around. The ref looked up the field as if to see if HC made a good play, and casually dropped a flag on the ground. That is repulsive to me! That ref should lose his job and be banned from the TSSAA. Just plain pitiful. You would think that as a Patriot fan I would just be happy to come away with a win, but watching a game like that churns my stomach. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out there. I really don't think I am the only one feeling this way though. Congrats to the Patriots for the win. They really did play better than the score reflected. Our Defense basically shut Springfield down. Their score came on a kickoff return. I would say that they had under 50 yds total offense. Enough of that though, sorry I missed seeing you Commish. The fine folks of Springfield hosted us well. Look forward to seeing you back at Patriot Stadium next year.

Go Big RED!!!

Sorry we missed you too Drew. I have taken a different job at work and just make it to the games right when they start. We had hoped to tail gate some for you, olddevil, and Prez but it was all I could do to get there before kickoff. Maybe in two years we can. Officials last night....................................interesting. RW has scolded me in the past so that is all I will say about them. HC didnt play well either. Still room for improvement before playoff. You will go deep again. Just cant say another gold ball for you yet. Clarksville NE game with you will be a good one. Glad it will be on Thursday so we can all see it. That one not DC game should be for district title IMHO. Reeves-Maybin and Storme should put on a show that night

Maybe you missed my point. Maybe you know me and maybe you don't. But what I saw last night was embarrassing for the TSSAA. Did we play sloppy? Yes. Could we have won by more? I believe so. What you read were my frustrations at a poorly officiated game, which is something that I can't stand to see when it is as obviously biased as it was. If you are embarrassed about that, be my guest. We don't sound pathetic, I sound pathetic - to you, and maybe others. And that's ok, I can handle it. But don't lump our entire team or fan base into a category because you don't like what I or Prez said. It is simply my opinion. I can't stand bad refs who are biased, and I expressed that fairly clearly. Refs can make bad calls, and make them all game long. But when a ref crosses the line to obviously become biased, that bothers me - if you can't already tell that. Could it have been worse? Yes, refer back to a Clarksville NW game about 10 years ago when a similar officiating fiasco took place, we lost. I don't recall blaming the game on the refs, we won. I think I even said that I should be happy. As for the comment by our coaches, I really don't know precisely what was said. We were walking up late to the group after the game, may not have even been Coach Counce. I just heard someone say something similar to that comment. Whatever he said on his interview after the game, I didn't hear. It was never meant to offend Springfield's effort or to discredit their kickoff return. They are a scrappy team with issues in the coaching and administrative ranks over the past couple of years. I hate that for their kids. Let me be clear, one more time. Springfield didn't call these refs in, didn't pay them off, or have anything to do with the officiating. They didn't pick them, it just happened at their place. I am ready to move on to the next game.

Maybe you missed my point. Maybe you know me and maybe you don't. But what I saw last night was embarrassing for the TSSAA. Did we play sloppy? Yes. Could we have won by more? I believe so. What you read were my frustrations at a poorly officiated game, which is something that I can't stand to see when it is as obviously biased as it was. If you are embarrassed about that, be my guest. We don't sound pathetic, I sound pathetic - to you, and maybe others. And that's ok, I can handle it. But don't lump our entire team or fan base into a category because you don't like what I or Prez said. It is simply my opinion. I can't stand bad refs who are biased, and I expressed that fairly clearly. Refs can make bad calls, and make them all game long. But when a ref crosses the line to obviously become biased, that bothers me - if you can't already tell that. Could it have been worse? Yes, refer back to a Clarksville NW game about 10 years ago when a similar officiating fiasco took place, we lost. I don't recall blaming the game on the refs, we won. I think I even said that I should be happy. As for the comment by our coaches, I really don't know precisely what was said. We were walking up late to the group after the game, may not have even been Coach Counce. I just heard someone say something similar to that comment. Whatever he said on his interview after the game, I didn't hear. It was never meant to offend Springfield's effort or to discredit their kickoff return. They are a scrappy team with issues in the coaching and administrative ranks over the past couple of years. I hate that for their kids. Let me be clear, one more time. Springfield didn't call these refs in, didn't pay them off, or have anything to do with the officiating. They didn't pick them, it just happened at their place. I am ready to move on to the next game.