DeKalb vs. Hixson

TigerPride23

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes our whole county is behind us, I guess winning has that affect. And I agree that Coach Bernie deserves alot of credit, if we have a deep playoff run it will be because of that man. Anyways im hoping when we meet Livingston both teams will still be undefeated, either way that game will be for the district championship.Id really love for both teams to be sitting at 9-0 though. Its going to be a tough game up in hogeye country, Dekalb will have to be clicking on all cylinders to come away with a win.

Im a former 4 year player, graduated in 08 so I didnt get to experience any real success my whole career. We lack support from former players that have graduated within the last 5-10 years. All those players say if we could of played for Trapp our whole career we could of done this or that, its almost like they are jealous or something. If you pay attention though you dont hardly see any former players at home games that didnt get to have that first winning season with Trapp. I dont hold any hard feelings but lots of former players do, so they dont come out and support the team. Our community needs to get that changed around somehow.

Being in Gordonsville, when I was in high school, we would scrimmage Dekalb regularly and they had the athletes but not the coaching and support.

My stepkids played at the jr. high and jr. pro levels at Dekalb and they always had a lot of success, but it just never translated to high school. Steve Trapp was involved with those youth leagues at that time.

My oldest stepson played as a freshman at Dekalb and it was embarrassing. I think that was Cantrell's last year as coach.

I know Steve Trapp personally, and I love what he has done with that program.

He coached my kids in basketball this last winter, and I loved how he handled the kids and I love how he runs that football program.

In my mind, he does it the right way.

He's had assistants leave the program because they wanted to be more like dictators and run it like a concentration camp.

He wants to mold young men and leave a GOOD lasting impression.

I commend him for that and that's definitely something that County can support.

They said it was our staters they did'nt say they were all on the field at the same time. We have more then 11 guys good enough to start. So we switch out each game. Read what BleedingBlue said about are starters against Warren County it's just 8 guys does that mean we started 8 and beat them 50-0 like we did DUH. So read it real close before you make a dum comment like that just because they said starters dont mean they were all out there at one time. If you dont understand what they mean get someone to explain it to you what Football Staters are.

I think you need to look at who your talking to before you make your statements. I guess i have jumped on the DeKalb band wagon this year, along with Giles as well because i want to see a rematch. The man you are talking to is a Portland fan, and Portland has a very good program that just a couple years ago were one of the most dominant programs in the state. He has been here longer and has a lot more posts. Watch yourself about calling out someone like that, they will eat you alive hungry.gif

Where did Trapp come from and what's his background? He seems to be doing a good job with DeKalb, just wondering what his story is.

Trapp played ball at Dekalb in the 90's.

He coached at the jr. pro level in Dekalb while going through college. Head coach got fired, then the replacement left before the season started, then Trapp stepped in. His first actual coaching JOB was head coach.

So, basically he went from coaching jr. pro to coaching high school.

I think he helped with the jr. high some and maybe the high school, but only as a volunteer.

Some from Dekalb may can go more in depth. I hope I'm accurate.

Where did Trapp come from and what's his background? He seems to be doing a good job with DeKalb, just wondering what his story is.

Trapp was a former DC football player, but actually went to college and played college baseball, after that he coached Jr.pro football in dekalb and I'm not sure if any of his teams ever gave up a point, I remember he had some consecutive shut out seasons, then the high school job opened up about a week before the season started and he took it, tough first season avg loss was by about 40 points , it was also the toughest region DeKalb ever had to play in, the fact that trapp eventually had success in that region is awesome, I think he's got the program to the point where he could still have success if that region still existed, maybe not as consistent as he will in his current region, but his current group would have definitely been able to contend, as long as the region stays the way it is I believe dekalb will become a playoff regular

Ok. Hixson has a loss, a win against a 1 win team, another win against a 1 win team, and a win against a 3 win team. What's the difference? Other than the loss and the fact that the margin of victory is by far in DC's favor. Bringing up records means nothing unless your team has done something.

You forgot to mention the win they have against the 3 win team they recovered (6) fumbles and only won by (1) point. So recover (6) fumbles and win by (1) that dont say much.