Franklin @ Smyrna

milo118

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldogs got thier first win of the season. Franklin has won two in a row against McGavock and Hillsboro but has struggled at times. Both programs are down this year. Should make for an interesting match up.

Franklin looked good against McGavock, but otherwise, has not been impressive this year. I give Franklin the edge but that is mostly based on hope.

Franklin is a fairly young team with a good Sophomore QB. Is Smyrna young this year as well?

Franklin looked good against McGavock, but otherwise, has not been impressive this year. I give Franklin the edge but that is mostly based on hope.

Franklin is a fairly young team with a good Sophomore QB. Is Smyrna young this year as well?

yes. lots of somphmores and juniors who have not seen the field until this year with a few seniors and freshmen sprinkled in at various positions. Very inexperienced at nearly all positions. But they have drasticaly improved since week 0. It will be interesting to see how they play after last week's emotional game against rival LaVergne. Or will there be a let down this week? Hopefully we take the confidence from that win a roll with it.

Edited by milo118

Both teams aren't good. Centennial killed Franklin. And we killed centennial. So when that game comes around what do people think about that one it's Indys last game. Student section will be packed. And also we play Hillsboro for homecoming next week that ones much closer so anyone with thoughts on those. I have a feeling this games goin to be a game full of stupid mistakes on both sides I'll put Franklin up by field goal
I'm going with Smyrna but a close game maybe. Franklin hasn't done so well this year it seems
So which one is it knucklehead. Are you picking Smyrna or Franklin? You should really be concentrating on your Algebra I lecture and leave the boards to the grown ups.

Who let those DAWGS out last week. Well, not Franklin. Two of the most powerful teams in the last few years meet again, but under different circumstances. Both are struggling and need that next win. Rebs in a nail biter 21-17

Teams / programs of any kind can have cycles that they go thru from year to year, its just been some time since we have had such a young team at Smyrna. Started two freshman on the left side of the O line against Lavergne. The team seems to be growing week to week, still lots of mistakes that need to be ironed out. Plus the OC left just a few weeks before practices started to take a HC job. He had just joined the staff in the spring after OC Childs went to Gallatin. No excuses the Bulldogs will rebound and get back into the district mix. As for friday night SHS 24 - FHS 17. Lets Go Dawgs

Edited by bigpurpledawg81