Smith Co. @ Macon Co. - Where is everybody?

PPride

Ill be the one sitting there with the pillow propped up against the rail catcging a snooze when the score is 30 to zip by half. I don't like these kind of games..zzzzzzzzzz

here's a thought? since you don't like these kind of games how about beef,n up the little schedule.you know like drop,n white county and warren county and about two more and you want have to sleep as much during the games.i hear trousdale got an opening next year.oh wait that did'nt work out so well with all them thrashing's they give s.c. so let's get rid of them the first excuse we get.and tell ya buddy mite we got some chicken houses up here for him to make some friends.all the mites i know come from a chicken's rear end. p.s.welcome to macon county,make yourselfs at home now.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Termite, by all means I dont want to offend you or take away from such an established football program as the SC organization. If your Cookeville, whom do you play year in and year out in 5/6A ball? I dont even know for sure but I bet they are very tough and have many more "athletes" than Cookeville can put on the field. On the flip side, Monterey, Upperman, team such as this cant win because of their past history of football. The interest just isnt there because of the loosing in the past. Its hard to get that ship turned around. On the flip side, a school like SC that plays Upperman, Cannon, Warren team with loosing records is doing just the opposite when they beat up on teams like this. It kind of helps more people want to get on board a winning ship. Even if the ship is rolling over waves that look like something in a pond you can feel like your a big battle ship till say playoffs comes around. Dekalb is a good example of this at work. They had good junior highs for several years but never carried over to highschool. Poteat comes along and generates some excitement and you have a program getting built over there as we speak. Success breeds success. Failure leads to more failure many times.

The Goat sez; There's too much logic in this for Termite, or anyone else in Carthage, to grasp. Get ready for the inevitable backwash.

The Livingston win last year was more of a signature win ,if there is one, than beating Smith the year before. It was a good win for sure but beating a 3a team who got trounced in the second round of the playoffs is hardly a signature win.

ok what i see is DeKalb 2010-2012 is like Macon 2002-2004 making a good run for a typical team"s not as strong as schools like TC and SC. Let see if DC can make simifinals like MC did in 2003, and I do think DC may have a shoot. And let me remind the folks in SC, two best teams in history are 87 semifinals team, and the 2003 team. SC was 0-3 those two years verse MC. Come on guys, it easy to bash a team when they are down. Just setting the record straight.

here's a thought? since you don't like these kind of games how about beef,n up the little schedule.you know like drop,n white county and warren county and about two more and you want have to sleep as much during the games.i hear trousdale got an opening next year.oh wait that did'nt work out so well with all them thrashing's they give s.c. so let's get rid of them the first excuse we get.and tell ya buddy mite we got some chicken houses up here for him to make some friends.all the mites i know come from a chicken's rear end. p.s.welcome to macon county,make yourselfs at home now.

Beef up the schedule?? What? Play more 1 and 2A schools? Let's see .......Scrimmage Whites Creek- play the Jamboree with 5A Cookville - 5A White County - 5A Warren County - 4A Dekalb County - 4A Livingston - 4A Macon County - 4A White House - oh.we do play a little 1A team...which may be the best in the state this year, and the rest are 3A. Beef'n up the schedule? LA and DC are holding up their end......think MC will?

If you look at history, which I doubt, SC gave as many "thrashings" as they got from TC. As a matter of fact, the last 3 times SC won 2 of these 35-0....two years in a row. Not many can claim that. I know MC can't. Let me go ahead and help you a little..."TC was down those 2 years".........well...as best as I can tell TC is down THIS year, and still whooped the dog out of MC,

HERE'S A THOUGHT.....why don't ya'll pick up RBS-Mt.Juliet Chr-and Pickett Co.? Evidently the schedule you have now is a little much.

See......told ya.....MC uses TC and SC as their measuring stick.

And .........I'm not suprised you know about chicken's rear ends.roflol.gif

Termite, by all means I dont want to offend you or take away from such an established football program as the SC organization. If your Cookeville, whom do you play year in and year out in 5/6A ball? I dont even know for sure but I bet they are very tough and have many more "athletes" than Cookeville can put on the field. On the flip side, Monterey, Upperman, team such as this cant win because of their past history of football. The interest just isnt there because of the loosing in the past. Its hard to get that ship turned around. On the flip side, a school like SC that plays Upperman, Cannon, Warren team with loosing records is doing just the opposite when they beat up on teams like this. It kind of helps more people want to get on board a winning ship. Even if the ship is rolling over waves that look like something in a pond you can feel like your a big battle ship till say playoffs comes around. Dekalb is a good example of this at work. They had good junior highs for several years but never carried over to highschool. Poteat comes along and generates some excitement and you have a program getting built over there as we speak. Success breeds success. Failure leads to more failure many times.

SC has had ups and downs. If you look before Rankin SC was middle of the road with very good years sprinkled in. Rankin came in 81. They were 1-9 the year before and 0-10 his 1st year. By 85 they were 11-3 and played in the semis. That did generate excitement. When he left, it was back to middle of the road and a few good years sprinkled in. Then Maynard gets here. Coaching makes the difference. You know that as well as anyone. You mentioned DC.....was the coach they have there now, the same the one there with Poteete?

I believe sometimes, it does have to be the right fit for the coach. A good coach, that isn't a good "fit". Sucess does breed sucess and the same with failure.

Beef up the schedule?? What? Play more 1 and 2A schools? Let's see .......Scrimmage Whites Creek- play the Jamboree with 5A Cookville - 5A White County - 5A Warren County - 4A Dekalb County - 4A Livingston - 4A Macon County - 4A White House - oh.we do play a little 1A team...which may be the best in the state this year, and the rest are 3A. Beef'n up the schedule? LA and DC are holding up their end......think MC will?

If you look at history, which I doubt, SC gave as many "thrashings" as they got from TC. As a matter of fact, the last 3 times SC won 2 of these 35-0....two years in a row. Not many can claim that. I know MC can't. Let me go ahead and help you a little..."TC was down those 2 years".........well...as best as I can tell TC is down THIS year, and still whooped the dog out of MC,

HERE'S A THOUGHT.....why don't ya'll pick up RBS-Mt.Juliet Chr-and Pickett Co.? Evidently the schedule you have now is a little much.

See......told ya.....MC uses TC and SC as their measuring stick.

And .........I'm not suprised you know about chicken's rear ends.roflol.gif

At's funny I dont care who you are.