raven wood football

pagegrad98

How will the new high school in Nolensville affect them as far as athletes go?

Really hard to tell. It's an interesting school in terms of the student mix. But it will affect them for sure if they are classified as a 6A school in November, the new school opens in the fall of 2014, causing them to lose half their freshmen and sophomores to the new school. They could be in for a rough 2016. (The problem Indy may have next year) But if the new school opens in 2015 Ravenwood will have time to get reclassified before all their upper classmen leave.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Ravenwood has the same talent base (Nolensville) they had when they won a state championship. The administration IS the problem. They ran off some great coaches, didnt work with some to give them the support they needed to run high level programs so they left, cowtowed to complaining parents that thought jr was the star when jr realistically could not do much more than keep a helmet off the grass, hired a felon that got released a month later, and got stuck hiring a guy that was on the bottom of the list just to get a hire made.

Maryville does it with a great long term coach who has built the expectation to always win all the way down through the rug rat programs. Having an easy out of zone tuition policy in place by the school district helps a whole lot too.

Back--one correction to your post. The "phantom coach", as I call him, was not a felon. He had a misdemeanor charge as a youthful offender (senior in HS, but 18 as I recall) that was supposedly expunged when he finished his diversion and community service. It wasn't and the H.R. department at the Central Office found it...he had not disclosed it, sooooo....he was considered to have falsified his app. Bizarre situation all the way around.

Again, my only point is that it was a misdemeanor, not a felonly. Big difference...easy mistake....

Back--one correction to your post. The "phantom coach", as I call him, was not a felon. He had a misdemeanor charge as a youthful offender (senior in HS, but 18 as I recall) that was supposedly expunged when he finished his diversion and community service. It wasn't and the H.R. department at the Central Office found it...he had not disclosed it, sooooo....he was considered to have falsified his app. Bizarre situation all the way around.

Again, my only point is that it was a misdemeanor, not a felonly. Big difference...easy mistake....

I stand corrected. The only big difference is in court, not in public opinion . In their scramble to move beyond the Del Smith fiasco, they quickly hire a guy that is going to have them 0-10. The administration is about 0 for the last several years in football decisions.

The school board just approved a purchase of 100 acres for a campus for a proposed k-8 school with the Nolensville High School. I'd say within two years, with borders being redrawn all over the district because of the domino effect.

Ravenwood hasn't had consistent coaching, which is a huge factor. It also hasn't had the most supportive administration.

It is earily following the history of it's predecessor, Brentwood. Brentwood started fast in football, administration didn't like it, and "de-emphasized" the program to place more emphasis on other athletics and extra-cirricular activities. It took BHS numerous coaching changes and terrible programs for years until it righted the ship with the right hire, aka Jack Daniels in the mid-90's. The rest of the story is well-known, and is an athletic model for success in many sports while maintaining superior academics. It will happen at Ravenwood with the right coach and right administration.