York @ Dekalb County

DCTIGERFAN

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll tell you York was much tougher than Smith Co. to stop.. offensively. But like I said that secondary is weak. Or maybe Phillips just had a great game with his receivers, I don't know. Smith likes to run anyway so I don't know.

There was a lot of mis communication with yorks secondary... props to dekalb their receivers played great and #1 has great hands and seemed to be open most of the night. York will work at it that is for certain... this game will give york some stuff to work with and correct... spread offences are tough to stop espcially when you don't hold your lanes and stay with your man. week 10 is great to look forward to for 8aa but there are several games to be played before then. good luck to dekalb the re rest of the year!

It's hard to get excited about scores when Livingston pulls starters after the first drive in the second quarter. But, go ahead and compare scores.

sounds like your starters need to practice more! did they have to be replaced by the JV ? i was ashamed to mention it but we're havin the same problem! don't know what our coach is gonna do.

If SC doesn't beat YI bad then playoffs are a waste of time.

I think you will be happy to get a win after you see them play.

I was very impressed with their offense and their play calling was the best I have seen in a while.

Now, I certainly know the old saying about "ifs and buts", BUT....lol..... York did move the ball well against us most of the night. IF not for a few turnovers, they would have easily scored a couple more times and the did score more than any team we had played. They pulled out several trick plays and did some things they probably don't normally have to (or want to) do. With that being said it all worked for the most part. Although, we did take a knee with first and goal from the one, so the score could have been even worse. Still, because of the turnovers (and the inability of the York defense to stop us ONE single time!), York's offense was forced into going for the big play way more often than their veer offense is designed for. There are definately some play makers on that offense (especially the kid that transferred).

It was cool seeing Rudy Kalis there in his helicopter. The game was his Friday Night game of the week special that they do. You can catch it on their website (channel 4, wsmv).

Good luck to SC and YI in the playoffs. I think we will be well represented.

Go Tigers!

I think you will be happy to get a win after you see them play.

I was very impressed with their offense and their play calling was the best I have seen in a while.

Now, I certainly know the old saying about "ifs and buts", BUT....lol..... York did move the ball well against us most of the night. IF not for a few turnovers, they would have easily scored a couple more times and the did score more than any team we had played. They pulled out several trick plays and did some things they probably don't normally have to (or want to) do. With that being said it all worked for the most part. Although, we did take a knee with first and goal from the one, so the score could have been even worse. Still, because of the turnovers (and the inability of the York defense to stop us ONE single time!), York's offense was forced into going for the big play way more often than their veer offense is designed for. There are definately some play makers on that offense (especially the kid that transferred).

It was cool seeing Rudy Kalis there in his helicopter. The game was his Friday Night game of the week special that they do. You can catch it on their website (channel 4, wsmv).

Good luck to SC and YI in the playoffs. I think we will be well represented.

Go Tigers!

I have watched them. I have also watched a bunch of football the last 25 years. I stand behind my previous post. I know a good playoff caliber team when I see one.

I seen yalls lows to.As in York scorin a low amount of points and getting your rear ends kicked by smith county!

Check the past 10 years, the butt kickings have gone both ways. I remember a couple of years where the owls took 2 in the same year. you sound awful cocky for an average team that may or may not even make the playoffs. When they get hit in the mouth they usually lay down. Just sayin.....

King how does LA match up with the remaining teams on ur schedule.

White House is up and down...but it's at home at some crazy things happen when you play at White House. York will be interesting again because it is a home game. Macon is a W with ease. Those three shouldn't worry the LA fan base too much. Week 10 seems to be where it's at. A lot of people say Livingston can't hang with DeKalb. A lot of people haven't seen Livingston play. I've seen them both play. It will be a fun game.