District 8AA

Ace1413

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston and Dekalb should have good teams with LA being the favorite until someone beats them.I think both of those teams could make a deep run in the playoffs.Upperman will have a good coached team and will be very competitive, but I think the talent is down just a little to much to contend for district but they could surprise. SC should be a competitive team also and win a few more games than last season. Cannon and York will be about the same as last year and have another losing season. Murfreesboro Central Magnet will be really bad.

1. LA- 25+ wins

2. DC- 25+ wins

3. Upperman- 19-22 wins

4. SC- 18-20 wins

5. CC- 8-12 wins

6. York- 7-10 wins

7. MCM- 1-5 wins

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Livingston and Dekalb should have good teams with LA being the favorite until someone beats them.I think both of those teams could make a deep run in the playoffs.Upperman will have a good coached team and will be very competitive, but I think the talent is down just a little to much to contend for district but they could surprise. SC should be a competitive team also and win a few more games than last season. Cannon and York will be about the same as last year and have another losing season. Murfreesboro Central Magnet will be really bad.

1. LA- 25+ wins

2. DC- 25+ wins

3. Upperman- 19-22 wins

4. SC- 18-20 wins

5. CC- 8-12 wins

6. York- 7-10 wins

7. MCM- 1-5 wins

I would agree with you for the most part. DC didn't have a senior on the team last year so they bring everyone back.

DCTIGERFAN is probably close. I'd say any of the top four teams could steal a win from each other. Dekalb should be the most experienced. LA had better get it done this year but they'll miss some lost to graduation. Upperman will be deep and better than last year but did lose leading scorer. Look for Smith to keep improving. Cannon and York should be better than last year. As for wins per team, it all depends on strength of schedule. Some coaches will pad the schedule for easy wins and some in this district will make theirs as tough as they can in the name of improvement.

Yeah I agree that any of the top 4 could steal wins from each other and I think they will. When its all said and done though, I really think thats how the district will end up being ranked by wins/losses. Now all that was just a rough guess just going by last years records and what players teams have coming back. I think when the schedules come out we all can narrow it down and really have a good idea how the season will turn out for the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go out on a limb and give my prediction.

1. DeKalb------Just barely over LA

2. Livingston-- maybe over DC but I think this is the year things change @ the top of 8AA

3. Upperman--will be in the mix for the top 2 spots but just don't think they have the horses

4a.

4b.Smith Co.,Cannon Co.York--Who really knows with these 3 teams don't think any of the 3 will finish above

4c. 4th but could sneak a win or 2 from the top 3

7. Central Magnet---I think they wil be better but thats not saying a whole lot

I will go out on a limb and say LA takes it all again. I think this team will be even better than last years team. Lost some good players but returning alot of experience. More athleticism & speed. Look for Soph Eldridge to assert himself as top post player in the district, allowing Ramsey to roam & of course post if needed.Mccoin & Hayes will create havoc on opposing guards. Decalb will be tough but not poised enough to sit at the top. Smith co may actually edge Decalb for 2nd.

• 1 month later...