Brentwood Academy (4-1, 2-0) at Baylor (4-2, 2-2)

WesVLT

Brentwood Academy makes its first DII road trip of the year Friday, visiting a Baylor team coming off a narrow win over archrival McCallie. BA is 16-1 against Baylor since the formation of Division II.

The Eagles are coming off a bye week. They've given up 18 total points in four games since losing their season opener at Trinity. Baylor has momentum after its rivalry win and nearly beat BA last year, losing 10-7 thanks to a late Eagle comeback.

Thoughts on this game? We'll be making the trip to Chattanooga to broadcast it live.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shak.. I think you are being too respectful to the Baylor fans... I will go out on a limb here and be willing to eat crow. I am usually wrong when I predict anything so you are probably right ... I think BA blows the doors off this week. The defense is healthy and the only team to score more than 6 points on BA this year is Trinity. I just don't see Baylor doing much in this game and if BA's skill players are clicking it could be a rout. This game has the potential to look a lot like the BA- MBA game last year in my humble opinion.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Okay. Why doesn't BA throw the ball down field more, or should I just say, try throwing the ball down field. There are 4 starting wide receivers who would start on any other team in our league and a Qb who can make ANY throw on the football field. If BA's game plan for Ensworth is similar to last night, BA loses!

I thought the soph. QB, #14, for Baylor did a good job. If he gets better as a passer, he will be dangerous the next few years. He is a year away from being the game manger that Baylor has had the last few years.

should be a good game baylor has given ba all they want the last two years and baylor has skill players also if the baylor line gives the qb time I think baylor can keep it close.

I would be totally shocked if it is more than a 7 point game either way

This would have been a massacre if BA had not pulled its starters. Their skill players make the difference and this game was over five minutes into the game.....

This would have been a massacre if BA had not pulled its starters. Their skill players make the difference and this game was over five minutes into the game.....

BA did not pull its starters until the final minutes of the game. Baylor did a nice job bouncing back after falling in a 14-0 hole four minutes into the contest.

BA was the more talented team, but the Red Raiders did a nice job overcoming mistakes and penalties and keeping this game from becoming a rout. It had nothing to do with a change in personnel on BA's part.

Brentwood has many skill players that made plays Friday night but Baylor was its own worst enemy. Baylor threw 3 interceptions, a blocked punt for a TD and two dropped pick sixes and a dropped pass for a touchdown on a fake field goal. If any of our players make those plays, which they didn't, it is a very different game. There was only 46 yards in total offense difference between the two teams. Brentwood Academy was the better team Friday night but if Baylor corrects their mental mistakes (12 penalties) and we make a play or two, which we did not do Friday night, then I like Baylor's chances in a rematch.

When Brentwood pulled their starters in the last few minutes of the game, Baylor also put in their second team.

Not sure i agree that it would have been a different game. I was there also. BA made their own share of mistakes plus some of the PI calls were pretty questionable - all went in B's favor. Yes B made a bunch of mistakes but the B QB was hurried on at least 2 of those interceptions because of a strong pass rush - those were caused by good defense. and while total yds were close, BAs offense scored quickly - at last 2 times i think they scored in 3 or 4 plays. They were not on the field long so total offense in this game was not really a measurement. And to be honest, BA did not play like they did against MBA. We also missed one of our best defensive guys - scheduled to be back vs FR. So who knows, we might get to meet up again. No doubt BA will need to play better than they did friday nite if they want any chance of beating ensworth

Brentwood has many skill players that made plays Friday night but Baylor was its own worst enemy. Baylor threw 3 interceptions, a blocked punt for a TD and two dropped pick sixes and a dropped pass for a touchdown on a fake field goal. If any of our players make those plays, which they didn't, it is a very different game. There was only 46 yards in total offense difference between the two teams. Brentwood Academy was the better team Friday night but if Baylor corrects their mental mistakes (12 penalties) and we make a play or two, which we did not do Friday night, then I like Baylor's chances in a rematch.

When Brentwood pulled their starters in the last few minutes of the game, Baylor also put in their second team.

Hold it now! BA threw 1 interception, dropped 3 pick sixes, dropped a TD pass in the endzone, running back slipped on wet turf 5 times in backfield for losses and BA quit throwing the ball in third qtr. It sure could have been a different game.

Edited by TriState