Chuckey-Doak at Cumberland Gap

Graff

To beat Doak, gap will have to force Doak into their passing game. If they can do that, and guard malone, then they will win this game running away. However, if they cant stop the running attack, and arent able to adjust to their misdirectional stuff, itll be a long night for CG. I think this one is close, but gap is not ready to take the BRAC 2nd place throne yet. Doak 38 gap 30

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are just based off who beat who and combined records that I just looked up

13-8 Graingers Opponents that they Lost too Combined Records

5-18 Cumberland Gaps Opponents that they have beat Combined Records

Gap and CD both haven't played a good schedule so who knows..But Grainger on the other hand played a very hard schedule. So a lot to dissect before Friday night but one thing is that won't be hard to dissect is that this game will be amazing..

GO CD

That's kinda like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing the combined losses of one teams opponents to the combined wins of another teams opponents. Using that reasoning I could say that the team that the Gap lost to (Oneida) has double the wins (4) than both the teams Grainger has beaten (2...Union Co. is 0-6 and West Greene is 2-4).

Both teams have played a light non-district schedule. The Gap has played Wartburg (2-4), Union Co. (0-6) and lost to #2 Oneida (4-1). Doak has played Unaka (1-5), Cosby (2-3) and lost to Unicoi Co. (3-3). The last 2 seasons Doak has been able to pound the ball with a big durable back behind an experienced offensive line against a relatively young Gap team and its shown in the results, 34-27 win last year and a 28-6 win the year before. All those freshmen and sophmores are now juniors and seniors and Doak has graduated the big back and the anchors up front, so I think this game will more closely resemble the result of the previous 7 games before last year and the year before...all Gap victories. BUT, (there's always a but)...

If, as our friend from South Greene has said, Chuckey-Doak can run the ball consistantly, and keep the clock running, and keep it out of the hands of the Gaps offense, they can win. It's what Oneida did in the second half at the Gap. They used two speed guys to attack the edges (and I do mean SPEED, two of the fastest kids i've seen this year), eventually they exhausted the Gaps defense and broke two long scoring runs. Then they simply put in their power back on their next possesion, and against that tired Gap defense, he was able to keep it between the tackles for 3-5 yards per carry and keep the chains and clock moving til the end.

Does Doak have the same calibre backs as Oneida? Can those backs be effective enough that they can post a big enough lead, so that the Gap has to throw and Doak can rush 4 and drop 7 into coverage (as Oneida was able to do)? If Doak gets behind are they comfortable enough to put the ball in the air for the majority of their offense?

We will find out for sure Friday. My opinion (which may end up being wrong) is I don't think so.

Cumberland Gap 34 - Chuckey-Doak 30

I feel bad for the BRAC if Chuckey Dook really does win this game and is the 2nd best team in the conference.

--------THE BRAC------

"The Sun Belt of High School Football"

There are going to be some people offended after reading that BigPoppa. It may not be the strongest conference in the area, but there is still some good football played in the Greene County area. I don't get over into that area a whole lot but I try to keep up. Hope the BRAC fans don't get too upset with you BigPoppa, but I can't say I blame them if they do...

There are going to be some people offended after reading that BigPoppa. It may not be the strongest conference in the area, but there is still some good football played in the Greene County area. I don't get over into that area a whole lot but I try to keep up. Hope the BRAC fans don't get too upset with you BigPoppa, but I can't say I blame them if they do...

Don't really buy into his "seen a few of their games" bull. His statement that CD has one of the worst defenses in the area blows his credibility outta the water anyway! Not at all offended by him! I'm baffled!!!! I'm taking The Black Knights in this one!

I feel bad for the BRAC if Chuckey Dook really does win this game and is the 2nd best team in the conference.

--------THE BRAC------

"The Sun Belt of High School Football"

Hate or not here is what the title should be

--------The BRAC--------

Home of 3 State Title Appearances and 2 State Titles- Greeneville

Home of 3 to 4 playoff teams a season - CD SG WG GCHS CHS CGHS

This is a pretty strong conference.. Put Greeneville aside.. Top to Bottom their is no such thing as a easy game in the BRAC.. Every team has a chance to beat anyone..

I'm not sure what your problem is with CD but it don't really bother me or anything cause nothing you can say will change my mind.. I've seen this team play for sometime now and I know what this team is capable of. This can be the best record CD has had ever if they can get past GAP tonight.

CD lost 3 year starting QB and a 2,000 Yard rusher last season adding the playoffs and a all time sack leader in a season off the defense. and a lot of people didn't think this team would recover from those losses.. But they keep proving people wrong and continue to win.. I'm really proud of this team

GO CD

35-19 Gap at the half. Outside the Gap giving up a cheap safety and C-D breaking a long TD run, going as expected. Malone from C-D appears to be a better than average back, good speed, center of gravity and some pop, hard to judge his vision, he's running on a wet track and cuts are a challenge.