How many TN. Schools have the same Mascot?

BigSwo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield and Kingston are both the Yellow Jackets as well...although neither of them have yellow anywhere in their color scheme or on their mascot. Go figure

sounds like the beloved GREENfield yellowjackets...never understood why no GREEN and definitely am confused with their orange/black colors ...They have a fair weather-fan who gets on here when things are going well named Greenfield fan who might be able to shed some light on their colors of choice.

Okay I was afraid that the site I was on may not have all the schools represented but I did count twice and had my son check it as well. Either way Eagles win.

Go to max prep, go to footall, then search for teams.then punch in tennessee it will show all the schools and mascots from A toZ Edited by rb42

Okay this has been interesting and a little bit of fun to see the thoughts on which mascot is represented by the most school. I was surprised to se that the Bulldogs didnt even make the top five list. So without further delay lets get into it

Coming in number 3

Wildcats #3 15 Schools

Sperated by only 1 school

Tigers #2 16 Schools

The mascot with the most schools by about 28% more

Eagles #1 21 Schools

If you lumped in all the other birds of prey in the State such as Falcons ,Hawks, Owls it wouldnt have been close at all.

Now for the one that surprised me the most

Devils whether they are Red Blue Green or what ever color came in with 13 Schools. I would like to point out that I did not see any White Devils on the list. LOL

Now the question is Why or maybe how do schools decide on a mascot? With so many more chosing a bird of prey it makes me wonder what was going on during the era that these schools were being developed that caused the majority of them to chose such a mascot. Not that there is anyhting wrong with the choice, Im just curious.

Well this was a little bit of fun and certainly interesting if nothing else. Thanks for playing along guys.

ace_ventura_en_afrique_48_diable.jpg

Guest Purplepastry

And what is the best nickname?

The best nickname story I have ever heard was a team in Colorado (I think) Their long time mascot was the "Fighting Red's" but this group wanted to change it because they thought it was insensitive. The community rallied against it. The group trying to make a point said, "How would you like it if your mascot was the "Fightin' Whites" and named an intermural team the Fighting Whites The next school board meeting people loved the idea and there was a motion to adopt the name. I don't know if they ever really changed the mascot or not but they sold a ton of t-shirts on the internet.

Edited by Purplepastry

I suppose that a lot of mascot/nicknames would spark a lot ot controversy outside the towns they represent. I guess the BEST one to someone would be their schools mascot/nickname. I would also guess that the lesser used ones could also spark controversy in many circles. Many are based on community heritage, etc.

Can someone explain to me what exactly a War Eagle is????? All the ones I've seen looked strangely like a Golden Eagle. Was it the one a year or two ago that flew into a picture window at a stadium before a game maybe trying to attack itself??? LOL

And while on the subject, what is Auburn's mascot..........War Eagle or Tigers??? Sounds like they are confused and can't make a decision.

Edited by duckman38201