District 10A

ldb2d

Not too sure where the tournaments are. Maybe East Robertson for district, or was that last year? I also heard Clarksville. As for region not sure if anybody knows fill us in. Mtownballer, nothing wrong with a bias opinion, hopefully it'll get some things going. But what is it about McEwen besides good coaching that will help them win the district even though its weak? Also, doesn't East Robertson have a guard there thats pretty good?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure where the tournaments are. Maybe East Robertson for district, or was that last year? I also heard Clarksville. As for region not sure if anybody knows fill us in. Mtownballer, nothing wrong with a bias opinion, hopefully it'll get some things going. But what is it about McEwen besides good coaching that will help them win the district even though its weak? Also, doesn't East Robertson have a guard there thats pretty good?

McEwen lost four seniors last year, but the majority of the points came from two of them. The other two were merely roll players (rebound, d, and an occasional 3). That, along with the fact that they really do not have a go to scorer, will limit McEwen's offense. Realisitcally, they will struggle to break 60 points throughout the year. Where they will struggle on offense they should do fairly well on defense and rebounding as they will continue to have long, semi-athletic (Mid Tenn class A were talking about) team like they have had in the past. I believe the keys to this year's team is to develop a go to scorer, play the right combination of players at the right time, and continue to have the mentality that they are the best in their area.

I say McEwen lose 4-5 district games, 3-4 non district games and end up in the 22-8 range for the season. Due to the decent talent in the halls and the extremely weak area within the district and region McEwen should be contending for a district/region title (3rd or better in district, and region semis or better in region) for the next two to three years.

McEwen lost four seniors last year, but the majority of the points came from two of them. The other two were merely roll players (rebound, d, and an occasional 3). That, along with the fact that they really do not have a go to scorer, will limit McEwen's offense. Realisitcally, they will struggle to break 60 points throughout the year. Where they will struggle on offense they should do fairly well on defense and rebounding as they will continue to have long, semi-athletic (Mid Tenn class A were talking about) team like they have had in the past. I believe the keys to this year's team is to develop a go to scorer, play the right combination of players at the right time, and continue to have the mentality that they are the best in their area.

I say McEwen lose 4-5 district games, 3-4 non district games and end up in the 22-8 range for the season. Due to the decent talent in the halls and the extremely weak area within the district and region McEwen should be contending for a district/region title (3rd or better in district, and region semis or better in region) for the next two to three years.

McEwen will not win 10 games. Heritage only lost two players and the two new big men (Just as big as last year) are going to shock people. Heritage is a deep team with a great coach. They also have very good guards.

McEwen will easily win 10 games buddy... Bank on that...

As for Heritage... They should be decent...

The Reid kid is a confident, decent 1A guard

The #3 or #11 (small pg) can play good D

The Rippy kid is long

But not having #14 (name escapes me) and #24 Bedwell is really going to hurt... And I really doubt the new bigs run 6'5'' (athletic too) and 6'8'' (fundamental)... The backup post last year (6"5") I assume is who you are referring to, he should be pretty good, but not the player #14 or #24 have been in the past...

They, much like everyone else in the district do not have a go to scorer... and will rely heavily on Defense and rebounding to win them games... WHH and McEwen will look very similar this year in that regard...

Once again, I'm not bashing anyone, just stating my educated opinion...

Edited by mtownballer

Did the bigs from White-House contribute any on last years team? And also what dark horse teams are in the district that could make some noise?

One was the six man and is a rebounding machine and has gotten a lot better. The taller boy was a sophomore last year and is the real deal. Played AAU in Spring and Summer at big time tournaments not little $165.00 tournaments. Played against top talent and did very well. Reid and Rippy have gotten stronger and bigger and raised their game. Point Guard Bailey has gotten a lot taller since his sophomore year last year. Played on same AAU team as big boy and Bell kid from East Robertson.