District 10A

ldb2d

If Heritage is the best team that this section has to offer to the state tournament then Lord help us. Again, as weak as I have ever seen it, 10A, Region and maybe lower half of area as well, haven't seen them. But if they are not better than this Region then A basketball is worse than I thought this year in this area.

Just wonder what do you consider "weak". A team that starts a frontline of 6'6", 6'7", 6'5". AND they can play. If the PG was 6'2", he would be getting a lot of visits. Is that weak IYO? If so, you don't know the difference between a basketball and a beach ball. That IS an impressive team at any level-A,AA, or AAA. Keep on crowing about how awful 10A is, especially the Patriots. We'll see you at the State tournament.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wonder what do you consider "weak". A team that starts a frontline of 6'6", 6'7", 6'5". AND they can play. If the PG was 6'2", he would be getting a lot of visits. Is that weak IYO? If so, you don't know the difference between a basketball and a beach ball. That IS an impressive team at any level-A,AA, or AAA. Keep on crowing about how awful 10A is, especially the Patriots. We'll see you at the State tournament.

Woah now cleggy lets not get out of hand. yes the patriots have nice size. But they are not always under the basket where they belong. They up top setting screens and handling the ball way to much. yes the pg is a pretty decent player. But he has to handle the ball the whole game. When he was injured or in foul trouble heritage is not close to the team that they start. Not saying that their starting 5 can't match-up with anyone. But to make it to the state tournament you have to have a team!! and their first region game a couple starters particularly the 2 and 3 man disappeared as the game went on. And lets just be real honest Heritage bench is non-existent and guard subs do nothing but not execute and turn the ball over. Not saying heritage can't start and match up with most or anyone, but to think they are a state tournament LOCK is very foolish. Considering the 2 teams this region will see in substate have been ranked in the top 5 for pretty much all year in A. The lack of back up pg who can handle pressure and control team and no bench will be their demise. But I still do believe they will be in the region championship game and play tough. But to truly deep down think and beleive after what I saw that they are a state tournament team would be foolish. Also to think they could even compete night in and night out in AAA is also a foolish statement.

Honestly IYO, do you think yal were better last year or this year? It's a no brainer, last year's WHH team was 3 times better and so was McEwen, there were numerous teams in past that were better than this year's best. The East Rob's from 03, 06, 07, 08. Nashville Chtistian 03, 06, 08. CA 08, 09, 10, 11. That's just to name a few, C'mon man, it's apparent this year's teams are weaker from previous years.

Woah now cleggy lets not get out of hand. yes the patriots have nice size. But they are not always under the basket where they belong. They up top setting screens and handling the ball way to much. yes the pg is a pretty decent player. But he has to handle the ball the whole game. When he was injured or in foul trouble heritage is not close to the team that they start. Not saying that their starting 5 can't match-up with anyone. But to make it to the state tournament you have to have a team!! and their first region game a couple starters particularly the 2 and 3 man disappeared as the game went on. And lets just be real honest Heritage bench is non-existent and guard subs do nothing but not execute and turn the ball over. Not saying heritage can't start and match up with most or anyone, but to think they are a state tournament LOCK is very foolish. Considering the 2 teams this region will see in substate have been ranked in the top 5 for pretty much all year in A. The lack of back up pg who can handle pressure and control team and no bench will be their demise. But I still do believe they will be in the region championship game and play tough. But to truly deep down think and beleive after what I saw that they are a state tournament team would be foolish. Also to think they could even compete night in and night out in AAA is also a foolish statement.

BDP, Your points are well taken and accurate regarding the PG. Without Bailey in the line-up, the level of play by the Patriots diminshes. That's what happens when you lose your leader on the court. The backups do need to be ready if their number is called. Petrone is known for playing his starters and sticking with them, but it could bite him if he needs to put someone else in (inexperience). He really only goes 7 deep unless otherwise neccessary. His bench is there, just not used much. If the WH transfer Sizemore had come over earlier in the year, I'm sure he would be logging much more minutes. BTW, I did not mean that they are LOCKS for the tournament, I just meant that they have a great shot at making it. It would be absurd to count them out as flippantly as "takeahack" does. I do like your post though, very thoughtful.

Good first round by WHHeritage....I think they prob got by the toughest(first round) team in the Regional....which is kinda strange being that WHH was the 1st place team going in from 10A. That was a very tough 1st round game for a District Champion team. That being said...maybe the road to state just got a little easier, Forrest did beat Eagleville twice during the reg season once by 10 the other by 6 i think. Now WHHeritage catches Eagleville. The fact that Heritage only allowed Forrest 14 first half points and made them go 0-7 with NO offensive rebounds on their first 7 shots in the first qt prob has the short hairs on Eaglevilles coachs neck standing up. :mrgreen: Then Heritage weathered The 2nd half storm that Forrest was sure to bring and held them off. Can MTCS continue the run ? On another note...I saw the bloodbath at NCS between Community and NCS, :popcorneater: officals really "let them play" which ended up giving the beefy Community team an advantage. It was a good game though. What are thoughts on the matchup between Community and MTCS > WHHeritage and Eagleville tommorrow night?

BDP, Your points are well taken and accurate regarding the PG. Without Bailey in the line-up, the level of play by the Patriots diminshes. That's what happens when you lose your leader on the court. The backups do need to be ready if their number is called. Petrone is known for playing his starters and sticking with them, but it could bite him if he needs to put someone else in (inexperience). He really only goes 7 deep unless otherwise neccessary. His bench is there, just not used much. If the WH transfer Sizemore had come over earlier in the year, I'm sure he would be logging much more minutes. BTW, I did not mean that they are LOCKS for the tournament, I just meant that they have a great shot at making it. It would be absurd to count them out as flippantly as "takeahack" does. I do like your post though, very thoughtful.

I guess my "flippant" dismissal of 10A is because I have watched 10A for many years and over the years they have sent some really good teams to the State - 2012 McEwen, 2010 & 2011 Clarksville Academy (in recent years) - and even to the sectionals going back over the years. This year I don't think anyone who is honest believes that the district is as strong as it has been. Has WHH played their schedule and put themselves into a position to make it? Yes they have. That still does not mean that they are good. As McEwen Alumni points out, they are not nearly as talented and good as some of WHH's previous teams or other 10A teams that went deep. And I really didn't believe that 9A was as down as they are this year when posting.

Sorry for hurting your feelings but I just believe it is what it is and I try not to be a homer when it comes to my teams. I think you have to be able to know when your team is not as good as usual and admit it. That having been said when you realize your team is down you still need to cheer hard for them because that's what fans do. Good luck to everyone.

I guess my "flippant" dismissal of 10A is because I have watched 10A for many years and over the years they have sent some really good teams to the State - 2012 McEwen, 2010 & 2011 Clarksville Academy (in recent years) - and even to the sectionals going back over the years. This year I don't think anyone who is honest believes that the district is as strong as it has been. Has WHH played their schedule and put themselves into a position to make it? Yes they have. That still does not mean that they are good. As McEwen Alumni points out, they are not nearly as talented and good as some of WHH's previous teams or other 10A teams that went deep. And I really didn't believe that 9A was as down as they are this year when posting.

Sorry for hurting your feelings but I just believe it is what it is and I try not to be a homer when it comes to my teams. I think you have to be able to know when your team is not as good as usual and admit it. That having been said when you realize your team is down you still need to cheer hard for them because that's what fans do. Good luck to everyone.

No hurt feelings here. Just think that this year's edition of the Patriots are better OVERALL than last years team. Sure they have better individual players in the past, i.e. Bedwell, but this team is more well-rounded and a year older than last year.

Heritage post players are great,Bailey is good and Petrone is a good coach- that is where the compliments stop.They have no bench,will struggle with a team that is quick and can penetrate,they are not good behind the arc,and play a style that will make very difficult to come back from a large deficit.IMO Mt pleasant and Collinwood are better and maybe MTCS.Heritage has never gotten over the hump with far superior teams than they have this year,I don't think it is a coincidence.They might lose to Eagleville