Cleveland vs McMinn Co

KneeTap

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I keep hearing that Cleveland "hasn't been tested." I think playing against a team who had a 29 game winning streak (and is still undefeated) is an incredible test. The Raiders stayed in the game for the most part, so I'd say they passed.

The McMinn game should be a very good one. Always very competitive...

Whoa...hey...what??? Hate I missed this comment over the weekend, but...really? You have to be kidding. If Cleveland didn't get mercy-ruled by Maryville, they aren't getting mercy-ruled by anyone. And, to be accurate, they were in the Maryville game until the 4th quarter, so no danger of that either. (and Maryville was still playing their starters at the end...)

I have to agree with CBRF here...that statement was just a bit over-the-top.

Whoa...hey...what??? Hate I missed this comment over the weekend, but...really? You have to be kidding. If Cleveland didn't get mercy-ruled by Maryville, they aren't getting mercy-ruled by anyone. And, to be accurate, they were in the Maryville game until the 4th quarter, so no danger of that either. (and Maryville was still playing their starters at the end...)

I have to agree with CBRF here...that statement was just a bit over-the-top.

Friday's game will determine who wins the district/region. Pure and simple. Bradley's game will determine 3/4.

McMinn might be the favorite due to history, but they're playing at Cleveland...so that takes away some McMinn home-field points and penalties...if ya know what I mean.icon_e_wink.gif

Over the top or not it reflects how much I think Cleveland has improved, as the season has progressed.

Oh and making the statement that Cleveland/McMinn determines 1st and 2nd in the District is a bit more dismissive of Bradley than is warranted. But that's OK. You're a Cleveland guy so I'm good. ;)Bradley / Cleveland is gonna be a good one as well.

I know what you mean, but McMinn is very good, even away from home at this point in time.

I agree. I keep hearing that Cleveland "hasn't been tested." I think playing against a team who had a 29 game winning streak (and is still undefeated) is an incredible test. The Raiders stayed in the game for the most part, so I'd say they passed.The McMinn game should be a very good one. Always very competitive...

Oh I think Cleveland has been tested. Saying anything different is dismissive playing two very good to excellent teams. The not being tested has not and will not come from me, at all. Anyone who says they haven't been tested doesn't really know high school football around these parts.

Edited by alt1958

good comment...and remember alt1958 is a bradley guy so of course he thinks mcminn wins. the truth is it ought to be a great game and the team with less mistakes wins.

Actually if I thought Cleveland was the better team I'd say it, and call it Cleveland winning. Has nothing to do with being pro Bradley and anti Cleveland. Never been anti Cleveland in my life. Been in the Cleveland stands many times rooting them to wins in the playoffs or even regular season when not playing Bradley.

I am a firm supporter of Bradley going 10-0 and Cleveland or Walker Valley at 9-1 or 8-2 right behind the Bears, every year. :)

Oh and making the statement that Cleveland/McMinn determines 1st and 2nd in the District is a bit more dismissive of Bradley than is warranted. But that's OK. You're a Cleveland guy so I'm good. icon_e_wink.gifBradley / Cleveland is gonna be a good one as well.

I know what you mean, but McMinn is very good, even away from home at this point in time.

Not dismissive...but, like you, calling it like I see it. My opinion is also irrespective of the team I pull for on Fridays. I truly believe the winner of the Cleveland McMinn game goes on to win the district and the loser wins out...which would put Bradley 3rd, at best, depending on how they handle business this Friday. That's just what I think...

Edited by CheckerboardEndzone

Not dismissive...but, like you, calling it like I see it. My opinion is also irrespective of the team I pull for on Fridays. I truly believe the winner of the Cleveland McMinn team goes on to win the district and the loser wins out...which would put Bradley 3rd, at best, depending on how they handle business this Friday. That's just what I think...

i agree 100%

'CheckerboardEndzone

Not dismissive...but, like you, calling it like I see it. My opinion is also irrespective of the team I pull for on Fridays. I truly believe the winner of the Cleveland McMinn game goes on to win the district and the loser wins out...which would put Bradley 3rd, at best, depending on how they handle business this Friday. That's just what I think...

Not dismissive .... just arrogant and very typical of your posts. I am sure you are tired of the way Bradley has treated Cleveland on the field. Shut outs are hard to live with especially when they are broadcasted for the entire country to see!

[

Not dismissive .... just arrogant and very typical of your posts. I am sure you are tired of the way Bradley has treated Cleveland on the field. Shut outs are hard to live with especially when they are broadcasted for the entire country to see!

[

2 wins in 20 years? yes we are so tired of all these Bradley beat downs.

'CheckerboardEndzone

[

Ha ha...and you're like the Welcome Wagon here, right?

Yes, we are so feeling down-trodden by Bradley. I fear you think way too highly of "your" program, or think we give them way too much credit. Again, stating my opinions...just like you do yours. If I don't agree that Bradley is awesome all the time, you label me an arrogant trouble-maker. Call it what you will...we have a game to play this week and so do you, and I promise you the word Bradley has not been uttered on our practice field yet this year.

Oh, by the way, there's this cool little button down on the right hand corner that says "quote". It works way better than cut/paste. Try it sometime...