Westmoreland vs Gordonsville

Mr. Postman1

I'm happy with the win, but we didn't play that well.

Defense played well, the six that Westy scored was on a busted coverage right before the half, but the offense could've put more points on the board.

We still, IMO, stayed in the shotgun too much.

I thought the same thing Croz. Were you the guy that did the landscaping under the scoreboard, or the one blowing those horns. lol Gordy has a good team, but I just wonder how they will react to playing a team that can match them athletically instead of playing all these cupcakes for so many weeks in a row. I know its not their fault but it is what it is I guess. Sp has 3 tough games in a row so I guess we will see what they got the next few weeks. Speaking of cupcakes, I knew Westmoreland had no chance from the beginning because they looked exactly like Whitwell!!huh.png I like the way 46 plays, he is a good blocker.

Edited by powerp

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't allow for turnovers and such. But, only missed it by 7 points.

Well, Stampus....what do you think? G-ville worthy of their record?

Yes. I do however agree with one of the previous post about the athleticism. Enough speed could neutralize the offensive attack a little but they have a powerful line over there. I told you to bring your binoculars to see our line. We give it our all but Gordonsville was just too good. They will graduate most of that team tonight so they better take advantage of this opportunity. Sometimes they dont come around too often. Oh, by the way, Charlie Robinson told me the Pritchard's over there in Gordonsville would give me a good deal on the steaks since they pretty much enjoyed the night they had. I'll be there to pick them up next Tuesday or Wednesday. Charlie told me I could buy them for $1.25 a pound for T-bone. Thanks Pritchard family.hungry.gif We'll except the charity up here on the rockpile.

I would like to commend Gordonsville highschool tonight for something else as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see the prayer before the game tonight. Its nice to see a place like that not allow our government to take away their freedom of religion or speech. Great job over there and I hope you boys bring home another state championship this season. When you do I know you'll give all the glory to the Lord, Jesus Christ the way it should be. thumb[1].gif

I would like to commend Gordonsville highschool tonight for something else as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see the prayer before the game tonight. Its nice to see a place like that not allow our government to take away their freedom of religion or speech. Great job over there and I hope you boys bring home another state championship this season. When you do I know you'll give all the glory to the Lord, Jesus Christ the way it should be. thumb[1].gif

see gord aint as bad a place as a lot of people think

see gord aint as bad a place as a lot of people think

I never said it was. The only middle school and highschool head coach I had was from Gordonsville. My former pastor also called Gordonsville his home town. I may have said Carthage was full of Glovers, but Gordonsville seems to be good christian, respectful folks. Reminds me of the citizens of Westmoreland.

Postaldude...does this qualify as getting "boat raced"? popcorneater.gif

I'd say borderline. They never put the B-team in though. We are somewhat young Antwit I mean Antwan. That QB you saw was a sophmore. I think Justus handled the pressure pretty well. He put the ball on the money many times and our receivers didnt seem to have a very good night. The pass from the 2 yard line early that was called incomplete was questionable. Even the announcer said first and ten Westmoreland one official ruled it a catch then another came in and waved it off. Never the less we got beat up front. No questions asked. Gordonsville was the bigger stronger team on the line. Number 7 for Gordonsville is a quick runner who is hard to bring down. He also was lead by a good blocking fullback. They worked well together. I wished we would try alittle bit harder to run the I formation. I know we dont have the size up front this season but we dont try to run that enough sometimes in my opinion.

icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'd say borderline. They never put the B-team in though. We are somewhat young Antwit I mean Antwan. That QB you saw was a sophmore. I think Justus handled the pressure pretty well. He put the ball on the money many times and our receivers didnt seem to have a very good night. The pass from the 2 yard line early that was called incomplete was questionable. Even the announcer said first and ten Westmoreland one official ruled it a catch then another came in and waved it off. Never the less we got beat up front. No questions asked. Gordonsville was the bigger stronger team on the line. Number 7 for Gordonsville is a quick runner who is hard to bring down. He also was lead by a good blocking fullback. They worked well together. I wished we would try alittle bit harder to run the I formation. I know we dont have the size up front this season but we dont try to run that enough sometimes in my opinion.

That same #7 had 66 yds. against SC & SC rushed for 193. Interesting...to say the least. 29 point loss...yeah...I would say you got boat raced. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edited by Antwan

icon_e_biggrin.gif

That same #7 had 66 yds. against SC & SC rushed for 193. Interesting...to say the least. 29 point loss...yeah...I would say you got boat raced. icon_e_biggrin.gif

#4 McCoy not playing(suspended) is a big reason for those 193... Manning still more than likely would've had 100+ but being met by #4 every play instead of our safety is a big difference...

#4 McCoy not playing(suspended) is a big reason for those 193... Manning still more than likely would've had 100+ but being met by #4 every play instead of our safety is a big difference...

Could be...will never know. He didn't play. I don't think he would have made too much difference. SC dominated in the trenches.

That's a moot point anyway.