Battle For The Brown Jug, Lewis @ Hickman

LewisCoPanthers

Good win, Bulldogs! A smaller team with just more Heart!

I have to say that says it all right there. Sorry Bulldog, but even with your other kid you would have struggled to match up athlete for athlete. Unfortunately we have a few key guys giving everything they have, and the rest are just there. It's really hard to watch because I know what it's like to want it so bad, and have guys around you who couldn't care any less. Coach Sharp used to build everything off of a sense of personal pride that you were doing something the right way and it really just seems absent. I'm not sure what to think really. It's really disheartening, just as a fan. And like I said, I've been there as a player so I know what that select couple of guys is going through and it's really frustrating. Hope they keep their heads up. Congrats HC, you wanted that one worse, as much as it pains me to say it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Post LCPanther exactly what I saw there are just a handful of players that want to be out there and the rest are just there. I Have said it all yr go back to fundamentals and learn how to tacle there were so many bad tackles out last night and the play calling was horrible they should have ran between the tackles all night and quit running the sweeps left and right in this game and the page game they had speed on the outside and matched. Hickman was by far a lot smaller team but had more heart. Then when we get behind and have to throw to the outside all night to someone who is scared to hit or get hit and only plays when they want to I feel sorry for most of the seniors 2 in particular who play their hearts out. They need to go to the 3 step drop on some slants and throw to the people who are not scared to get hit and run up the gut a little more I didnt see any draw plays at all last night. Another thing the Fans need to get into the Game more and make some darn NOISE for these kids it is like we are all asleep out there at times and need to show more support I get into it so much I loose my voice. The Boys need to hustle to and from the Huddle as well and show more urgency

Just got in this morning and seen the score. I thought LC would win.....but they didn't. So going to have a cup of coffee and a side of crow. Not going to get into the players thing...who has the better etc. But read in an earlier post about better coaching and now have to agree with that poster....Hickman coaching is better. After reading that HC had two starters (key) out and still won, would have to say that would back up the better coacing. Now HC can point to their record and say we did beat a team with a winning recored. LC doesn't look promising for the same claim. Like I said before HC should finish 7-3, LC 6-4. could there be an upset...sure, but as it stands this looks to be how they finish up. Again LCP don't dump it all on the players...It takes a team effort to win and lose....everyone needs to take a look in the mirror.

Just got in this morning and seen the score. I thought LC would win.....but they didn't. So going to have a cup of coffee and a side of crow. Not going to get into the players thing...who has the better etc. But read in an earlier post about better coaching and now have to agree with that poster....Hickman coaching is better. After reading that HC had two starters (key) out and still won, would have to say that would back up the better coacing. Now HC can point to their record and say we did beat a team with a winning recored. LC doesn't look promising for the same claim. Like I said before HC should finish 7-3, LC 6-4. could there be an upset...sure, but as it stands this looks to be how they finish up. Again LCP don't dump it all on the players...It takes a team effort to win and lose....everyone needs to take a look in the mirror.

I'm by no means dumping it all on the players. But to me that's where it all starts. Everyone in the stands can see it. I rarely agree with the play calling, but then again every play is designed to score. Everyone has to do their job, and obviously last night some didn't.

With so many of LC's best athletes walking the halls, these outcomes are to be expected.

Each year more and more just say "forget it".

I'm talking about kids who are dying to play... but not for that staff.

Question:

Why is Sharpe and that 1950's offense so darn precious?

With so many of LC's best athletes walking the halls, these outcomes are to be expected.

Question:

If you really want to play, you'll play for any staff .If you're willing to quit and hang your team mates out to dry then you're weak minded and shouldn't be on the team in the first place.

If you really want to play, you'll play for any staff .If you're willing to quit and hang your team mates out to dry then you're weak minded and shouldn't be on the team in the first place.

Spot on....thumb[1].gif

Some of the best high school teams in the country run the T. Giles has much respect for coach Sharp and his staff.

Parents are raising a generation that is filled with wussies. You are either a part of something bigger than yourself or you become a loner blaming everyone else for your failures. Now kids just quit when it gets tough. They are learning it from their parents and the parents allow it. If you start it by God you finish it irregardless if its football, band, fund raisers or bagging grocery's. When you quit once you will be a quitter for life! thumb[1].gif

This is a Football Board. If you ain't tough enough to fight to be a member of the club then click on the darn cheerleader board! icon_twisted.gif

Spot on....thumb[1].gif

Some of the best high school teams in the country run the T. Giles has much respect for coach Sharp and his staff.

Parents are raising a generation that is filled with wussies. You are either a part of something bigger than yourself or you become a loner blaming everyone else for your failures. Now kids just quit when it gets tough. They are learning it from their parents and the parents allow it. If you start it by God you finish it irregardless if its football, band, fund raisers or bagging grocery's. When you quit once you will be a quitter for life! thumb[1].gif

This is a Football Board. If you ain't tough enough to fight to be a member of the club then click on the darn cheerleader board! icon_twisted.gif

thumb[1].gif

Question:

Maybe those athletes walking the halls need to play tennis or golf, one off the I sports and not a team sport since it is evident they only play for themselves thumb[1].gif

^^ could not agree with this more. A true football player never quits, and gives it all for his team, regardless of who the coaches are.