D-B vs. Crockett

LGVol

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians need to work on execution - we don't need to develop any bad habits. Second we need to work on building depth.

I agree King.Also,you want to see all the kids giving everything through the week,and the first team guys getting pushed every step of the way by those kids that want to see the field.Make sure that everyone earns that chance,starter or last man on the bench.The way teams practice,can show up in good or bad ways.I was watching the defensive line for one of DB's opponents in warmups a few weeks ago.They had a bad habbit of being up to close to the ball.I made the statement that,I bet they line up offsides during the game atleast once.They sure done it !

One thing I have been meaning to get off my chest and here it goes. DB's Band has always been a point of pride for all our fans, alumni and students....always. I got a real problem with that crap the band is playing this year. The Band usually plays inspirational and enthusiastic music to get you going, but not this year and it all lands on the band director. There is nothing that fires a crowd up about music that you can barely even hear and you have no idea what it is. Pre-game or Half time, I have yet to see a good routine....the Band may play it perfect and it is a dud! Now with that said, the music the Band plays during the game from the bleachers is as good as always.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

One thing I have been meaning to get off my chest and here it goes. DB's Band has always been a point of pride for all our fans, alumni and students....always. I got a real problem with that crap the band is playing this year. The Band usually plays inspirational and enthusiastic music to get you going, but not this year and it all lands on the band director. There is nothing that fires a crowd up about music that you can barely even hear and you have no idea what it is. Pre-game or Half time, I have yet to see a good routine....the Band may play it perfect and it is a dud! Now with that said, the music the Band plays during the game from the bleachers is as good as always.

Roll Tribe Roll

a lot of D-B band members would agree with you . . .

Roll Tribe Roll

I agree. The band still plays great but the music for this year is aweful. They should only play upbeat music at the games. The Journey music was one of the best and even the Michael Jackson songs were great. But please don't put me to sleep with these sad songs. During the game they are great. Time to step it up Mr.Cook. Roll Tribe

Edited by dbFAN91

Roll Tribe Roll

Id say in about one week you'll be apologizing all over yourself, then you'll spend the next 3 months telling us how great the band director is.

A couple of great games over at J fred tonight.I hope DB can keep a lot of these guys playing as they move up over the next few years.I seen a nice mix of size and speed for both Sevier and Robinson.The bands were already better then most high school bands and it was a huge crowd for middle school football.Probably a bigger crowd then most high school players in the area will be in front of this year .Came home and that stinking SH vs Crockett game is still being played on TV.56-0 with 10 plus minutes to go in the 2ed quarter and SH had went to their 3ed QB.A whole lot to look forward to friday night.

Id say in about one week you'll be apologizing all over yourself, then you'll spend the next 3 months telling us how great the band director is.

funny Elcamino

I have a little more to worry about than whether you like me or not. It is said "It takes a big man to admit he was wrong, I am that big man (Steve Carell The Office). So on your way little man.

Roll Tribe Roll

Pandering to the contest judges, no doubt. I remember when the DB band played Tchaikovsky one year back in the nineties...there's some stuff that just doesn't belong on a football field.