Beech 7-0 @ Wilson central 7-0

Goinham

Stats - what was his rush avg vs MJ?

37 rushes for 299 yards. 8 yards a carry. His longest? 44 yard dash

The team that stopped Hurd the most was Hendersonville last week (not counting the minimal yardage he had against Station Camp in the first half of that game before blowing them out).

Hendersonville held Hurd to 6.5 yards a carry (216 yards) on 33 touches

WC will have to do MUCH better than any other team tomorrow night...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree you need to go into game saying your gonna stop Hurd- if you don't pack the box with him he will run wild and wild and wild....

You want to stop Hurd, by making him earn and churn them yards like MJ did.. Yeah you look up and he has 200 yds but you don't want him ripping off the 30 yards runs every 4th touch of the ball...

I do not know what you hurd but MJ didn't come close to stopping Mr. Hurd. Give him the ball and Beech beats MJ by 3 scores easy. One of the best atmosheres I've ever seen for high school sports.

I do not know what you hurd but MJ didn't come close to stopping Mr. Hurd. Give him the ball and Beech beats MJ by 3 scores easy. One of the best atmosheres I've ever seen for high school sports.

They did give him the ball 37 times and they didn't beat MJ by 3 scores easily. Beech won by 1 score and it wasn't easy. That was a heck of a game that came down to MJ failing to convert on a 4th down around there 40-45 yard line. By the way, with a min left in the game, Hurd was still getting the ball. The game was over and thank goodness for Beech Hurd didn't get injured while the coach left his star player in there to try to reach the 300 yard mark.

They did give him the ball 37 times and they didn't beat MJ by 3 scores easily. Beech won by 1 score and it wasn't easy. That was a heck of a game that came down to MJ failing to convert on a 4th down around there 40-45 yard line. By the way, with a min left in the game, Hurd was still getting the ball. The game was over and thank goodness for Beech Hurd didn't get injured while the coach left his star player in there to try to reach the 300 yard mark.

Hurd was not left in the game to get 300 yards. He was left in the game to secure the football and the victory. He runs hard whether its the first play of the game or the last play of the game. If beech was trying to pad his stats they would have handed the ball off at the 1 yard line and not kneeled down. One more touch of the football and Hurd has 26 rushing tds instead of 25 and Beech wins by 2 scores.

I can promise you Coach Crabtree had no idea, and couldn't have cared less if Jalen had 300, 400 or 500. If Beech doesn't get a first down on the last possession, they are forced to punt to MJ from the 50 yd line with a 7 pt lead. I'm pretty sure McCathern would have been in if MJ had been in Beech's shoes.

37 rushes for 299 yards. 8 yards a carry. His longest? 44 yard dash

The team that stopped Hurd the most was Hendersonville last week (not counting the minimal yardage he had against Station Camp in the first half of that game before blowing them out).

Hendersonville held Hurd to 6.5 yards a carry (216 yards) on 33 touches

WC will have to do MUCH better than any other team tomorrow night...

The reason that hendersonville was successful at slowing Hurd down was because their front four on defense was so big and powerful. They were able to get penetration and slow Hurd down at the point of attack. I've seen WC"s front four and they get blown off the ball. Every team that has allowed Hurd to get to the second level ends up getting beat pretty badly. He runs with an intensity that cannot be taught. If a defensive lineman tries to tackle him while engaged with a blocker they will get ran over. Ive watched him run his own lineman over when they get stuck in the hole. Football is won in the trenches. WC has great skill players, but they cannot stop Hurd without a front four getting some penetration. Lastly Hurd gets stronger as the defense gets sluggish into the 4th quarter. He strives off knowing that the men lined up across from him are tired. I say the game stays close until the 3rd quarter when Hurd and Beech take over. Beech by 14.

How many int's did MJ have? How many fumbles did Beech lose? And by who? Give Hurd the ball every play and he would score on every series. He is a play maker. He is a one man show. Take him off the team and Beech has 2 or 3 losses already and tomorrow nights game is no where near the hype it is. Two undefeated teams tomorrow night square off and if WC can hold Hurd to 200 yards they win. Not going to happen.

Well, it's time for me to put my 2 cents worth in....I like reading all the posts on Coacht but I would rather remain silent and keep people thinking....however....most of you know who I am by my handle so here is all I got to say about this game........Ch 4 will there, as well as 2 and 17....along with 12 other media outlets.....you just better get there early....parking lots will fill up quick...and when it does.....nobody will be able to get in....those vehicles will be re-directed to Gladeville Baptist about 2 miles away and be shuttled over by school buses.....prepare......now someone said the atmosphere at MJ was awesome...well you might want to come over to WC and check out the blue zoo....Lastly, about the game....the team that allows the fewest points and scores the most will win....BOOK IT!!!!!! by the way audiovideo stream for those who are out of town....www.wcschools.com/wch click on the listen live link......

Edited by Doc2000

How many int's did MJ have? How many fumbles did Beech lose? And by who? Give Hurd the ball every play and he would score on every series. He is a play maker. He is a one man show. Take him off the team and Beech has 2 or 3 losses already and tomorrow nights game is no where near the hype it is. Two undefeated teams tomorrow night square off and if WC can hold Hurd to 200 yards they win. Not going to happen.

3 losses for sure without Hurd. He is a great player but this is a team sport not a one man show. He will even tell you that. Hurd running the ball was not the only factor for the win over MJ. I would actually give the Defense of Beech the MVP over Hurd for holding MJ way below their average. Hurd didn't beat MJ. Beech as a team beat MJ.

I've had a bunch of time to think about this game and this is what I come to the conclusion of.

If Wilson Central's run defense can stop Hurd effectively throughout the course of the entire game, they'll pull out the win.

This isn't to say that Beech doesn't have other players that are dangerous and can score, but look at what Station Camp did in the first half against Beech, they stopped the whole machine. Yet, in the second half, Hurd broke loose and turned that entire game around.

Hurd is the key to the entire Beech attack (air and ground) and so far when Hurd has been effectively stopped for minimal yardage, Beech can't figure out what to do (at least that's been what I've seen).

The first half will be key as Wilson Central tends to like to feel opponents out in the first half and shut them down in the second. They won't have the opportunity to do that tomorrow night.

Here's my prediction:

If Wilson Central can stop Hurd early and hold the Beech attack through the course of the game: 24-21 WC

If Hurd breaks loose, it's going to be a bit different: 38-21 Beech

People aren't stupid. Hurd is the key to Beech's success. Stop Hurd, beat Beech. It's that simple.

Stop Michael Jordan, beat the Bulls.

Stop Peyton Manning, beat the Broncos.

It's that simple. But people are stupid.

Edited by doppelganger1989