Stewart @ Cheatham: Senior Night 2012

howdoitknow

Was it a mercy rule invocation or something? 53-6 is reported as final.

I left at halftime. Midway through the second quarter the Cubs were playing second stringers heavily on both sides of the ball. No doubt this led to the Rebels lone score at the end of the second period. I suspect that second and third stringers were used extensively by the Cubs for the remainder of the game.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham county in my opinion must have one of if not the best o-line in all of 3a! I seen some things last night that was pretty amazing! I seen the number 87 kid taking safeties heads off 15 yards down field, then on same play the 67 kid was 10 yards downfield hitting people in front of the backs! I think on every play the line was downfield knocking people silly. It seems it's everyweek there doing this not just against Stewart but everyone! Hats off to coach Finley and coach Jackson they have the line playing at a very high level! If they continue its gonna be hard to stop the cubs!!

Cheatham county in my opinion must have one of if not the best o-line in all of 3a! I seen some things last night that was pretty amazing! I seen the number 87 kid taking safeties heads off 15 yards down field, then on same play the 67 kid was 10 yards downfield hitting people in front of the backs! I think on every play the line was downfield knocking people silly. It seems it's everyweek there doing this not just against Stewart but everyone! Hats off to coach Finley and coach Jackson they have the line playing at a very high level! If they continue its gonna be hard to stop the cubs!!

Those guys are bulldozers! Could you imagine 4 quarters of that? Wreckage......

The Cubs offensive line is the strength of their football team. They have some outstanding backs in Mitchell Potts, Desmond Sweatt, Dakota White, Willie Presley, and Matt Brown who have all gotten glory for their efforts this season but if you ask the Cubs coaching staff they'll be the first to tell you that it starts in the trenches.

Since Coach Finley has been the head football coach the Cubs have churned out All-Region/District tight ends at will. Justin Bell, Austin Stokes, Jack Hoeh, Jerry Henry, Justin Batts, Tanner Owen, and now Brady Bose have been the guys to receive awards for their work at the tight end position through the last 10-11 years. Cheatham Football has been a "Tight End Factory".

The rest of the Cubs offensive front line standouts this season have included Kevin Eslick, Manning Glaus, John Litman, Shane Keegan, C.J. Fields, Ben Casteel, and A.J. Anderson. With the exception of Keegan, who is a junior and a 2nd year starter at center, the other Cubs linemen mentioned on this list are all seniors and most all of them have seen extensive playing time since the 2009 season when they were thrown into the fire as freshmen. Coach Jackson and Coach Boyd, who coach the offensive line, have done a great job with this group.

Edited by howdoitknow2

I always thought cheatham was screwing up using teachers to coach instead of having a dedicated coach. Jimmy stack, Bruce Gibbs and a host of other coaches were from the teaching ranks. Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against those guys but when you split your time like that you have priorities and football is lower on the list of priorities than pop quizzes and mid terms. I felt the team suffered and weren't adequately coached up simply because the coaches prep time was eat up by curriculum planning.

To emphasize that my HC Crass was more of a dedicated coach and we had a slight upsurge in performance from that.

Edited by tshadow

I always thought cheatham was screwing up using teachers to coach instead of having a dedicated coach. Jimmy stack, Bruce Gibbs and a host of other coaches were from the teaching ranks. Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against those guys but when you split your time like that you have priorities and football is lower on the list of priorities than pop quizzes and mid terms. I felt the team suffered and weren't adequately coached up simply because the coaches prep time was eat up by curriculum planning.

To emphasize that my HC Crass was more of a dedicated coach and we had a slight upsurge in performance from that.

Heck, every coach I ever had in school split time between coaching and teaching, that is pretty much how it is at most schools now to the best of my knowledge. Probably the exception would be private schools which I thought were largely intended for religious purposes but they seem to be more like footbal/athletic factories instead.....

Edited by Kevin38

Heck, every coach I ever had in school split time between coaching and teaching, that is pretty much how it is at most schools now to the best of my knowledge. Probably the exception would be private schools which I thought were largely intended for religious purposes but they seem to be more like footbal/athletic factories instead.....

There is a bit of a difference between a pe coach assigned to coach the team and a math teacher (which is what both Jimmy Stack and Bruce Gibbs were).

There is a bit of a difference between a pe coach assigned to coach the team and a math teacher (which is what both Jimmy Stack and Bruce Gibbs were).

Yeah I agree, my head coach was an ancient history teacher which wasnt a very hard class (imagine that) but the assitants taught math(algebra), english, science, and special ed.....