3. CPA 6-0

4. Cheatham County 6-0

5. South Gibson 6-0

6. Milan 5-1

7. Polk County 5-1

8. Westmoreland 6-1

9. Sullivan North 6-1

10t. Fairview 5-2, Smith Co, 5-2, Elizabethton 5-2

It may be somewhat of a cop out to list 3 teams tied for 10th, but that is kinda what I see this week.

Big games this week that may impact week 7

Maplewood / CPA

Huntington / Milan

Fairview / Giles

Polk / Signal Mountain

Westmoreland / Gordonsville

Feedback?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect that coaches from Cheatham, Fairview, Westmoreland, and Smith will all be in the house when CPA plays Maplewood on Thursday night. CPA will probably have coaches from all over their staff at several locations on Friday night.

Now that October is here I am sure many of these teams will be very anxious to find out as much about the others as possible over the course of the next 4 weeks.

I would expect that coaches from Cheatham, Fairview, Westmoreland, and Smith will all be in the house when CPA plays Maplewood on Thursday night. CPA will probably have coaches from all over their staff at several locations on Friday night.

Great assessment. Maplewood doesn't travel well. So there should be plenty of room in their section. I'll look for them at the game.

This is a better poll:

1. Alcoa

2. CAK

3. CPA

4. Milan

5. Tyner

6. Cheatham Co.

7. Pearl-Cohn

8. Fairview

9. Polk Co.

10. Smith Co.

No way Pearl-Cohn deserves to be in the 3A Top Ten, much less seventh place. They've only won two games against teams that combine for two wins themselves. If they can win out the rest of their schedule then they might be top ten worthy. And as of now they will need to win out in order to make the playoffs.

No way Pearl-Cohn deserves to be in the 3A Top Ten, much less seventh place. They've only won two games against teams that combine for two wins themselves. If they can win out the rest of their schedule then they might be top ten worthy. And as of now they will need to win out in order to make the playoffs.

I agree with you. Whom ever made this poll up is very biased it seems to me. Look at Smith County for instance, theyve been spanked twice. Granted they were good teams, but they were spanked. You hit the Pearl Kohn thing right on. Fairview could also be overated. I'm interested in seeing how the Gordonsville/Westmoreland game turns out this Friday. It could shine some light on this poll all together. Westmoreland lost a close (one) to White House in which they had several opportunities to win. I know White House got beat by Portland, but look how Portland has been playing as of late. So Westmoreland could be better than what BCsportsfan gives them credit. Offense wins games but defense wins championships and thats what has carried Westmoreland this season. The offense has improved every week. After this Gordonsville game it should give a little look on how Westmoreland is ranked compared to Smith County and then the York/Smith County game as well as the Smith County White House game could settle the arguement a little better for the middle tn quadrant. To mention CPA in all this. They barely beat Goodpasture to begin the season. Westmoreland spanked their bottoms fairly convincingly. They had no skilled players out for that game only about 3 lineman I was told. So you could use this to compare CPA and Westmoreland if you go by comparison scores which is kind of impossible but I didnt make this system up I just have to go with what we have to compare. So Westmoreland could be said to be better than CPA!!! Edited by Mr. Postman1

. To mention CPA in all this. They barely beat Goodpasture to begin the season. Westmoreland spanked their bottoms fairly convincingly. They had no skilled players out for that game only about 3 lineman I was told. So you could use this to compare CPA and Westmoreland if you go by comparison scores which is kind of impossible but I didnt make this system up I just have to go with what we have to compare. So Westmoreland could be said to be better than CPA!!!

I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but a Goodpasture coach said that of the 15 suspended players, 12 were back last week for the first time. 3 are suspended for the entire year. I don't think you can compare the Goodpasture team that CPA played to the Goodpasture team that Westmoreland played. But again, who really knows?