Chattanooga Reclassification Rumors

ChattanoogaCannon

If we let each school vote instead of the members of the board, I think it would be worse for the private schools. In the article it said that 70% of schools favored a complete spilt in public and private division. There is obviously more public schools than private schools in the sate so I don't think your idea of each school voting is going to favor privates.

I was being absurd, which is just as absurd as just voting with what the majority wants.To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson "To be just, majority decisions must be in the best interest of all the people, not just one faction."

Edited by ChattanoogaCannon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Hamilton is going to AAA. No other changes that I see that affect soccer in SE TN. The next question is if any soccer playing school replaces EH in District 6.

http://www.timesfree...lton-Class-AAA/

CC, I don't see where anyone replaces EH. I think EH moves on as they should and D 6 is set. Chattanooga Central, CSAS, East Ridge, Hixson, Red Bank, Tyner......... Numbers are good, strength is not. Not that EH ever made it a power disctrict as far as soccer, but they are and will be good enough, at least in the next couple of years to cause an upset or two.

CC, I don't see where anyone replaces EH. I think EH moves on as they should and D 6 is set. Chattanooga Central, CSAS, East Ridge, Hixson, Red Bank, Tyner......... Numbers are good, strength is not. Not that EH ever made it a power disctrict as far as soccer, but they are and will be good enough, at least in the next couple of years to cause an upset or two.

I don't see it either. It seems some folks on the mountain are getting tired of getting beat in certain sports, so they are really pushing the administration to ask to move. Football rules, though, so I think they will stay in District 7.

Here's another interesting twist. The Cleveland paper is reporting about a rumor that District 5 AA will be dissolved in order to add another district in west TN. Boyd, Silverdale, Grace would be sent to districts 5 and 6 I guess. I like this idea except we will have yet another district out west with no competitive soccer teams.

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/20548171/article-’Canes-to-join-5-AAA--Polk’s-future-unsure?instance=main_article